HA: Excavating an Answer, No Experience

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gialana, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Gialana Augur

Last night, my group completed Excavating an Answer from Captain Russel Cooper in Dead Hills. There were a couple of deaths, and it took around an hour. Before completing the final step, we popped Lessons. Then I handed in the samples of deadstone for the final step. It updated, but none of us received any experience.

The only thing that was unusual was that our tank died while defending the Archaeologist, which slowed us down. That allowed 13 undead to spawn instead of the 10 needed. We only killed 10. Since that completed the step, we left the other 3 mobs mezzed while handing in the samples. Had we first killed the extra 3 mobs, maybe we would have gotten experience. Or maybe it still would have bugged. After we receive no experience, we kill the 3 mobs just in case it would help, but still received no completion experience.

Has anyone else completed this HA without getting completion experience? It was quite annoying to spend so much time in the HA and then waste lessons.
  2. Gialana Augur

I also submitted an in-game bug report with this information. But I'm not sure those are ever looked at.
  3. Viper1 Augur

This has been posted before. What I recall is that there is a hardcoded limit on the amount of xp you can get in a single hit. With xp bonus + lesson + daily (if you had the daily) you very likely exceeded the limit, thus, you get nothing. It sucks, but you're not the only one it's happened to.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I remember it happening to us too once during bonus exp. interestingly it was a daily HA, too, and we ended up getting AA for the daily task itself, but not the mission itself, which sucks since those are long and difficult relative to most other HA's.
  5. Gialana Augur

I think I remember a discussion about that a while ago, not necessarily in relation to this HA. Last night it was not a daily HA. Interestingly, earlier during the 170% exp bonus, it was a daily. I also popped lessons before the final turn in that time and received experience. I believe only the first step differed between these 2 runs, and I thought the first step last night was easier, killing "excavating" mobs and looting items vs. the earlier run of opening chests and looting items. But maybe it actually gave move experience and pushed us over the edge.

Fortunately, we were able to run through Into the Hills, which was a daily last night, before lessons faded. So lessons wasn't completely wasted, but was mostly wasted.