Fixed Internally H. Heritage turn in NPC seems missing on Ragefire

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Time Burn, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Time Burn Augur

Thach Jerden (the hand-in npc for the "Thach Jerden's Glowing Armor" Hardcore heritage quest), does not exist in PoK on Ragefire.
    Eviara likes this.
  2. Prathun Developer

Thac Jerden's spawn is restricted to Seeds of Destruction, and it looks like Ragefire has not yet unlocked this expansion. Is there reason to believe that Thac should be there in SoF?
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Why would the zone be active if the turn in for the drops isn't active? Not a troll, honest question.
  4. Prathun Developer

Checking...
    The spawn was created on 11/17/2008, so it probably went out in the December 2008 update. Maybe the November update. Seeds of Destruction launched in October of 2008. So in any case, Thac was added after Seeds launched.
    The wave of Hardcore Heritage zones that includes blackburrow, cazicthule, gukbottom, and unrest is restricted to Secrets of Faydwer. It looks like some (or all) of these zones launched on July of 2008, before Seeds of Destruction launched.
    So that appears to be why. It's probably okay if Thach is available earlier, but I'll do a little more digging to be sure.
    Thanks!
    Mithra and Skuz like this.
  5. Rondor Augur

When the first release of Hardcore Heritage went live in July 2008, the zones dropped tradeable/attunable versions of the archetype-visible armor. Then the next year when the HH zones came back, the mobs were changed to instead drop the Glowing Othni and Glowing Athlai bits. The reason was that originally each of 4 zones only dropped I think 2 of the 4 archetypes of visible-slot armor each, so you were discouraged from playing in the zone that didn't match your armor archetype. This was fixed by instead having the mobs drop the Glowing-X bits which you could turn in to Thach Jerden and he'd give you a no-trade armor piece in return.

If all servers now only drop Glowing-X bits instead of the original attunable visible armor bits then I humbly suggest that Thach Jerden should indeed spawn as early as the SoF era, as he was added specifically when the first round of HH zone-drops changed to Glowing-X, and if they no longer drop the attunable analogues of the results of turning in Glowing-X then it may make sense to make him spawn in sync with these HH zones, one expansion earlier than he originally did.

Example of pre-Thach Jerden items versus post-Thach Jerden items:

Pre-Thach: Attunable version of Darkened Shining Metallic Robes: https://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=41322

Post-Thach: No-trade version of Darkened Shining Metallic Robes: https://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=42282
    Mithra and Skuz like this.
  6. Time Burn Augur

It looks like you are looking into this, but to answer your question, he is required to turn in the "Glowing Othni_x" items that are now dropping for loot. If it's premature, so be it, but that's the reason.
  7. Eviara Journeyman

Are Unrest and LGuk supposed to be in SoD or SoF? In a post from '17, Prathun said they were tied to SoD, but here he says all 4 should be available in SoF. The item drops and monster levels are comparable to BB and CT, which are currently available in SoF. Just wondering, for clarity's sake (and also I would super love to be splittin' undead wigs in Unrest/LGuk on Ragefire right about now, if that's a possiblity :D )
  8. Prathun Developer

I've manually spawned Thach Jerden in PoK on Ragefire for turning in the quest items. Note that he will despawn if the zone or server goes down for any reason. In the future, we would like to move this functionality to the items so that it's not necessary to visit an NPC at all.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Prathun Developer

I was probably right in '17. For the purposes of looking into this report, I checked the Hardcore Heritage Phase 1 event requirement which could be different than the requirements for the zones within that phase.
    Eviara and Yinla like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Or leave him in all year round. :)

I know I have some armour peices stashed on a mule as I forget about them when the NPC is there.