Gunthak Grit does not stack with stat mounts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fenthen, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

I posted this on Friday in the support forums and have not had a reply. I am hoping for higher visibility here.

While I love the new click from Gunthak's Swabby Eyepatch replacing my silly ice goblin mask, I realized that while I have the stat buff on (Gunthak Grit) I cannot summon a mount with stats, such as the one I paid for in the Marketplace.

Please correct the HP stacking or whatever else so that the reward for finishing the expansion's group game (all Saviors done) will actually work while mounted. I shouldn't have to carry around 2 mounts (my regular, plus a non-stat horse/drogmor) just to use the benefits of my CotF reward.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=39280

Code:
    Illusion Gunthak Pirate Detail | History | Raw Data

Slot Description
    1: 8% Chance to trigger: Illusion: Troll Pirate
    2: 8% Chance to trigger: Illusion: Troll Pirate
    3: 8% Chance to trigger: Illusion: Gnomish Pirate
    4: 8% Chance to trigger: Illusion: Gnomish Pirate
    5: 9% Chance to trigger: Illusion: Dark Elf Pirate
    6: 9% Chance to trigger: Illusion: Dark Elf Pirate
    7: 8% Chance to trigger: Illusion: Ogre Pirate
    8: 8% Chance to trigger: Illusion: Ogre Pirate
    9: 9% Chance to trigger: Illusion: Human Pirate
    10: 9% Chance to trigger: Illusion: Human Pirate
    11: 8% Chance to trigger: Illusion: Erudite Pirate
    12: 8% Chance to trigger: Illusion: Erudite Pirate”
    It cycles between the illusions, by the way - first male then female of each race.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

I'd love to hear thoughts on this from devs, etc.
  3. SpamFactory Augur

My guess: given the number of effects on this buff its probably impossible to avoid some sort of stacking conflict, so making it the same line as mounts was the least offensive option
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Don't tank on a mount?
  5. Sinestra Augur

But, as we learned in the Necro thread, there is no valid reason to ever get off a mount.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Loratex like this.
  6. Brudal Augur

[39281] Gunthak Grit
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 06:00:00 (3600 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Current Mana v2 by 5 per tick
    4: Absorb Spell Damage: 2%, Max Per Hit: 50
    9: Increase Max Endurance by 400
    10: Increase Max Mana by 400
    11: Increase Max HP by 600
    12: Increase AC v2 by 45

They would have to change slots 9 - 12 since those are better than most stat mounts. Good luck with the request, but I doubt it will change.
  7. quseio Augur

its been a while since ive played but the pirate illusions never where able to use mounts its NOT the same as a player model, and the only illusion of a non player race that can use a mount is, skeleton
  8. Falos Augur

It's not merely the illusion that stacks, even if you click the illusion off the buff itself does not stack, I believe it also will not stack with shaman pact of the wolf.

The mount stacking issue is not much of an issuethough since there are still a decent number of statless mounts in the game. I do feel bad for shaman though, they need that 5 mana regen a tick or they will oom like crazy.
    Loratex likes this.
  9. Axxius Augur

Easy solution: split the stat buff from the mount. Just like this illusion clickie. Let the mount be one buff and the bonus stat part a separate buff.
    Dzarn and Fenthen like this.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

I would like to keep the Gunthak Grit (not the illusion buff) on full-time since it's a 10 hour buff. Whenever I want to click my horse and zoom across a zone, I have to hunt for the Gunthak Grit buff and click it off, get to where I am going, /dismount and then re-click the swabby eyepatch.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

Why can't it simply block the mount stats and still grant the mount to be summoned/used?
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

This makes sense, although it takes 1 additional buff slot (which is really only vital to people with < 2k AAs who accumulate free Guild Lobby buffs).
  13. Zantor Augur

I was so happy when I got this clicky got my 3 toons, till I realized that I can't use a mount on my shammy and mage while using this item. This is a super stupid stacking issue here, like a few hundred more HP or mana from them stacking is going to affect anything really.

And what stacks does the SK AA horse wicked steed give? I can't use that on my SK, regular lvl 59 AA horse I can but not his lvl 95 one. Would love to hear an official SoE comment on this.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. savrin Augur

These kind of illusion never stacked with mounts, why should devs make them start just over this item?
    pact of wurine- does not stack
    shaman werewolf illusion- does not stack.
    Good luck with getting this done. Probably won't happen any time soon.
  15. Axxius Augur

Since they made the illusion separate from the effect on Pact of the Wurine, Group Spirit of the Black Wolf, etc. including this very clicky, it makes total sense to apply the same approach to mounts. Most illusions don't stack with mounts. But it's not the illusions that we want to stack with mounts, it's the other half of the spell.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. The Drood Elder

Not all illusions an mounts work together nore should they this one is more of an upgrade to use all the time in zones where you cant use mounts and usable in raids which gives a really nice buff too boot there is no fix needed as this buff and mounts should not stack for any reason chose one or the other.
  17. beryon Augur

Pact of the Wurine blocks mounts even if you click off the illusion.
  18. Axxius Augur

Because the mount (the stat one) is not split into 2 spells: the mount itself and the stat effect. Which is precisely what I am proposing. This has been done for stat illusions. And now it needs to be done for stat mounts too.
    Reprisal and Fenthen like this.
  19. Brudal Augur

The SK pegasus adds:

[32052] Battle Armored Pegasus
    Restriction: Outdoors Only
    Duration: 06:00:00 (3600 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: No
    1: Summon Mount: SumMPGm2Fast
    2: Levitate
    10: Increase AC v2 by 36
    11: Increase Max HP by 250
    12: Increase Max Mana by 200
    vs.
    [2875] Summon Death Charger
    Classes: SHD/254
    Restriction: Outdoors Only
    Duration: 06:00:00 (3600 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: No
    1: Summon Mount: SumHorseBlFast
  20. Dzarn Developer

It is currently intended that this buff stacks the way it does with other effects.

That said, I will present the idea of changing offending illusions and mounts that have stat effects on them to autocast a second buff with those effects so that you can use your mount/appearance but not get more stats than are intended to the team.
    Evercluck, Naugrin, Reprisal and 4 others like this.