Gunrich in Misty Thicket?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Agrippa, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Agrippa Augur

Good day! I've been standing at the ruins on the hill in Misty Thicket, trying to track this little fellow. I didn't see any comments on Zam noting unusual rarity. It's been over 90 minutes, though, a full Norrathian day, and I've yet to see him. I'm wondering now if he might have a placeholder? A known spawn cycle? Or, perhaps, being only 5th level and known to attack several mobs in the given area, is it most likely that he's dying so quickly that he'll just never show in the track window? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

He spawns on skeleton hill takes awhile just be patient.
  3. Agrippa Augur

I ended up waiting over three hours (two full Norrathian days) on the previous morning. Another full day has passed (90 minutes). I'm guessing for older quests like these, it's not uncommon to not have basic quest NPCs not spawn at all in a full day? The previous NPC did comment that he would hesitate to appear and would only reply to a very specific phrase. I'm wondering if he might have an anti-camp mechanic added in? I should note that the weather has been a bit hazy outside on all three days. The current wait has been on a Wednesday and Thursday (in game). Maybe he only shows once per Norrathian week? Month? Year? Not one person at Zam commented on any peculiar rarity.
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

It looks like you need to clear the mobs approaching the Hill of Bones.

Be careful as he is pretty weak and loses to Goblin Warriors.
  5. Agrippa Augur

Thank you! Finally some sanity! Completely spaced out in one of Norrath's timeless principles: When in doubt, start killing randomly! Less than ten minutes of clearing trash around the hill and he spawned.
    Rijacki, Tatanka and Elyssanda like this.
  6. Ozadar Elder

Where is the location of the Hill of Bones where Gunrich spawns?

Ozadar of Zek
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Look for hill with undead. i would just kill all around that hill til he spawns.