GUISE OF THE ANCIENT GODS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bloodfrost Rising, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Bloodfrost Rising New Member

Any chance that a few changes can be made to the Guise of the Ancient Gods illusions? I was so hyper geeked when I got this after the fanfaire but have used it less and less and less. Some things that would not be game breaking and would increase the *fun* factor it offers:

1. Allow it to remain on indefinitely in pok/lobby/potranq/bazaar/guild hall zones without having the buff fade.

2. Allow it to zone with the persistent illusion AA. I purchased the persistent illusion AA only to find that the Guise of the Ancient Gods illusions are not honored by this AA. Discouraging =\

3. It would be really spectacular if the recast timer or buff duration were close together where it would last longer or could be recast sooner (especially since it fades on zone)

I find myself with the mindset of "I don't want to cast it because it has the prohibitive recast-to-duration time so I'll just save it". I realize that ultimately I have to be judicious when casting it but then part of me thinks that having to be so selective with it takes away from the joy of the illusion as it isn't offering any strategic or even tactical value; it is an awesome looking bit that even led to discussion about old raids and lore and hey where did you get that it reminds me of the time when my guild did old pohate raids and 15 minutes later talking with a stranger because the inny illusion took them on a trip down memory lane and now we chat frequently in game and who knows what other great memories are waiting to be relived if this were more visible more often and yikes now I'm rambling and losing my point.

Any chance those suggestions could get traction and become mainstays?
    Eteract likes this.
  2. eqgamer Augur

I'd like to see them not waste a click if area casted in prohibits the skins from landing due to ceiling height or if you had an illusion up already. Would be cool if they just didn't hold...

On a relative note..I remember the soe team was adamant about not letting it persist, and having a 2 hour recast. That never made sense to me as they wanted the restrictions yet were willing to sell it to those who had no plans to attend the event. Pickin up what I'm putin down? It was supposed to be a nice reward - one with restrictions because of how unique it was. Yet, opened it to anyone who paid 35 bucks.
    Eteract likes this.
  3. YellowBelly Augur

That item should not even exist. No players should every get an illusion that turns them into an EQ god. Be happy with what you got.
    MrMajestykx and Cakekizy like this.
  4. Ishtass Augur

That's a pretty cool item, now I'm jealous
    Menthas likes this.
  5. Zelena Journeyman

I've said that from day one when i heard that was in the game. No way should there be an illusion item with the gods. They crossed the line doing that in my opinion. So like Yellowbelly said be happy with what you have. I have nearly every illusion in the game but i refused to get that one.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I've suggested it before. I think a good compromise is to tweak the "Illusion: Ancient Bristlebane" spell to function as a normal illusion (persistent AA, regular buff timer) if the Guise cast's that one. Bristlebane is ugly as **** and Vet AA Jester casts it anyways so no harm done.

Edit: Lucy spellid:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=39527&source=Live
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I think gods have been taken off the sacrosanct list for a while now. Not that I agree or disagree, but they just don't have the level of respect (for lack of a better word) than they did in the PoP days.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

And we just can't have Firiona Vie, Lanys Tvyl, Gorenaire, and Tsaph Katta illusions. Oh wait.....:p
    Eteract likes this.
  9. funcoland New Member

Sent a PM to you!
  10. Angahran Augur

1) They are only the avatars of the gods, not the gods themselves.
    2) We've been killing these avatars for approx the last 55 levels, they're just not that impressive :p
    Eteract likes this.