Guild removal re-add option

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ranor, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Ranor Lorekeeper

Just a heads up someone on Bristlebasne server said in general chat that the guild tools were not letting them remove a player who was showing on the guild roster but not tagged. They said they could not remove the toon or do anything else to drop them or re-add them.
  2. Imak Augur

/guildremove playername
    Works just fine to remove the ghost characters.

You cannot use the Remove button in the Guild Mgmt Window.
  3. Endless Augur

You don't seem to understand the problem. But I went ahead and tried what you said. It didn't work.
  4. Imak Augur

Worked fine for me on the 14 ghost characters i removed and re-invited to the guild tonight.
  5. Endless Augur

ya, ok well try it when all your characters that you play in the guild are senior officers and they are all bugged along with your guild leader.

In that case, it does not work fine at all.

I'll go ahead and point out that only the guild leader can remove a senior officer in case this confuses you.
  6. Riou EQResource

In that case the Guild Leader has to petition to get reinstated, then they can start that process, unfortunately that is all you can do
  7. Vdidar Augur

This is seriously hilarious.
    Zirquel likes this.
  8. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

I am a guild leader that was unguilded during this incident and have petitioned to have myself returned to my guild however, I have a senior officer that was not affected as she hadn't logged on and she was able to remove and reinvite 4 other senior officers but she couldn't use the guild tool to do it. She had to be in the same zone as they were, target them, type /guildremove and then /guildinvite and repromote them to senior officers using the guild tool. YMMV as I don't know what permissions your guild leader has given their senior officers but just wanted to share since it may work for some.
  9. Tridar New Member

If you find yourself no longer in your guild, please contact someone who can remove and reinvite your character to the guild.

If you are a Guild Leader who no longer finds yourself in your guild, please petition this issue and our Customer Support folks will be happy to assist you as soon as feasibly possible.

We thank everyone for their patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
    RadarX, Today at 12:25 AM Report

Are you kidding me? DBG, you need to fix this. You broke it and the community has to fix it?
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  10. Vladd New Member

What a joke...........
  11. Vladd New Member

My guild leader is recovering from surgery....which means it could be weeks before our guild is fixed. This is a real slap in the face. I don't know how Daybreak can say their current fix of re-inviting is a fix. They should be looking at the old database records, and forced to fix them all manually, even if they have to stay awake for a week without sleep. Instead, we get the punishment of trying to reassemble guilds.
  12. Vlad Diszno Augur

It does seem like Daybreak is being fairly consistent, though:
    Feel free to reinvite your guild...
  13. Flat Toad Elder

Not sure what's most irritating; the blatant idiocy of the error, the "ok, here's how YOU compensate for our non-existent QA"...or just the condescending "yeah, we broke it...tuff." attitude.
  14. Malbro Augur

How does this help when the whole frickin guild is gone?
  15. Freki Augur

1) I hope that anyone complaining about the "fix" knows exactly how to FIX this error... and if you do go prove it and get a job to fix the error.
    2) the databases are constantly getting written to and removing information, the coding is not as good as it should be sure, but some things are not intended and happen and there is no fixing it other than to force the databases to be up dated (IE: removing the ghosted player and re-adding that player.
    3) if your WHOLE guild is gone, then petition for it to be fixed, if the guild leader is gone, then do one of two things: 1) petition for the guild leader, 2) start a new guild, if you can't start a new guild then go ahead and petition about that as well so that can be fixed.
  16. Malbro Augur

Well, Heroes is still there and I tried the /guildremove and reinvite on my two characters, did not work.

Really makes me want to log in and play this game,,, NOT. Kind of sorry I popped for the new expansion now.
  17. wiha Elder

Is there an ETA on the petitions for the guild leaders?
  18. wiha Elder

what if only a leader has the rights to remove players from the guild and they have been removed from the guild? now we have to wait until they get around to putting use back into our guilds?
  19. Riou EQResource

Yes
  20. wiha Elder

Do I have to be on the leader when they answer the petition?