Guild members talking about the "new" TLP server last night

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Feb 27, 2020.

1. That0neguy Augur

TL : DR - That "bug" still exists today.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Happened to me a few nights ago at 5% on the final boss on a raid and I didn’t get credit for the conquest achievement my guild was doing only once. In summary, Truebox code should’ve been removed long ago on Phinigel.
    Risiko likes this.
  3. Kujoe Lorekeeper

To help ease the hurt on existing TLP servers, they could merely ease the pain for returning and/or new players. Yes, a new TLP will steal some of the player base, but for those who enjoy a new TLP for a few months/expansions and eventually want to return, or players who want to join with a fresh toon on an existing TLP, the hurtle of gaining levels is a hesitation but more drastically is the amount of AA that needs to be earned.

If exp % is to hard to tinker with, making auto-grant a larger boon would certainly ease the leveling path of new or returning characters to catch up. 1 expansion back seems like a good place for auto-grant for some of the mature servers. Looking at Phinny, if someone wants to play in that era of content, they need to level to 100/105/110 which takes a few weeks or a month or so. To earn 1000's of AA however, even with the amount of AA gain per hour for the present expansion, is daunting to say the least. By the time you level up to max, and get anywhere near competent AA count, the next expansion is released resetting that goal line.

You will never be able to stop players from ditching their exiting server to go play on a new TLP, but easing the path for players to return would help the mature servers drastically.
  4. Hirbow Augur

I agree 100 %.
    A phinny like server should come at the earliest every other year . In the meantime make Agnarr or Quarm like event servers for those people that can’t commit or for those elitist that want Open world bat phone .

PvP server or. True No zero box server or an event server it’s what should be made now .

Mangler has done something that no other TLP has : survived P99 new classic server , survived WoW classic huge launch , Survived another EQ TLP server , and Survived it’s brother Selo’s server ....

This server is super healthy . The majority of the toxic people took the bait and went to Selo’s originally and in response, this is the friendliest , well populated server ever even surpassing less toxicity than Phinny .

Don’t destroy it Darkpaw !!
    Risiko likes this.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Sorry Risiko people are going to drop off one way or another around POP just due to the way the game seems to play beyond that point.
    1. Zero catch-up mechanics for new people or alts. (exp or gear wise)
    2. Loot becomes difficult to gain if you aren't a raider (no fv loot rules).
    3. Seems like there is a flag / key for every silly zone to get into.
    4. Is just not friendly to teams of smaller groups.
    5. Silly mechanics like MotM (can bypass it but that's not what I want to do).
    Give me a TLP that does the following and I'll play much further in and so will my friends.
    1. Exp that starts out like mangler, but increases every 3rd expansion
    2. Increase AA exp in the same regard
    3. Dump all the flags and keys
    4. Add in FV loot rules
    5. and remove MotM on old content once we are two expansions ahead
    Risiko likes this.
  6. Senadwen New Member

I wish they would create a live server that we could do a free server transfer to at specific points in progression. Or even just merge the characters into that server and then start a new TLP. I’d hate to see Mangler die out for what ever reason and all the work I’ve put in be pointless. Personally my goal is make it through Pop and see how well the content after that holds my attention. But the prospect of every three months having to spend many sleepless nights on the next key quests or the next flag progression does not sound fun.

I’ll add this is my first TLP since I raided Pop in era and it has been fun.

On the true box issue. Play on 3 computers at the same time in the same house with no special setup. As long as I don’t hit the same keys at the same time on any two of the computers I don’t get tru box kicked. The odds of two people hitting the same keys at the same time about 30 times in a row are very slim. I only achieved it my making my number 2 key my nuke button on 2 casters.
    Tymeless likes this.
  7. Stagentti Augur

FV loot rules would make it a lot easier to catch up than increased xp or AA auto grant.
  8. Laronk Augur

If people didnt want the new tlp servers, they wouldn't make new tlp servers. Its obvious that a certain group within the everquest population prefers to redo classic-POP.
    Stagentti likes this.
  9. Maestru New Member

I am one of the people who is extremely excited for a new Classic server launch. I have played almost every TLP at this point, stopping at various stages in each one due to a number of reasons. I enjoy a fresh server and Classic is a lot of fun to me.
  10. Lurka New Member

What would be good is if they released one, stating there won't be another for say 2 years, that way more people may stay playing that one for longer.
  11. Aoradek New Member

I’m actually playing live now for the first time in I don’t know how long. When I say I quit after PoP, I don’t mean God came out and I just quit playing. I played some GOD and didn’t enjoy it, so I moved on. Went back and bought Omens (I think?) and dinged 66, but never made it to 67. I can’t say conclusively that I would like later xpacs, but I felt the same way on Selo. Maybe burnout, maybe content, maybe it felt too much like a job at points. Again, I’m just saying there’s some portion of people whom just don’t want to play after a certain point. I was the same way in other MMOs. I just didn’t want to play once certain xpacs landed.
  12. That0neguy Augur

Really? So Phinny, Coirnav, Selo didn't survive?

Totally evident by the 500 threads created about your boxing issue.
  13. Exmortis_MT Elder

This thread just makes me laugh, and it exemplifies why they should ignore the forums.
    Let me break this down to really easy summary:
    - Your upset because people are excited about a new TLP, and would move to....So your whining about DBG actually providing what a good portion of their paying customer base want? Seriously?
    - Your upset that this affects you. wow. Ever wonder why others around move on? I don't.
    - Your upset that paying customers (we pay to play so no one, and I mean no one but ourselves tells us how when, or where to play) wants to move to this new server.
    - Have people ever looked beyond their own selfish self entitlement?

I don't care what affect my my leaving any server to go to another server has on anyone else's game play but mine, and my close friends I cherish playtime with, and nor should anyone else. We pay to play, that means we take our money and pay for the privilege of playing EQ, meaning we choose, not the OP or anyone else, spent that paid play time.
    If demand is for a new TLP, or Live or PvP server is simply catering to the paying customer and ensuring they are happy and funding EQ? Seems like the proper way to go to me.

So why is there so much...wait..yeah for got its all about you. Well if a FV TLP with boxing comes, I will hope my little play group wants to move too, as well as lost of other good folk. And I am not sorry about it.

Want people to not feel this way? Offer to pay their subs, then you can whine when they leave and stop paying.
    Aoradek and Laronk like this.
  14. Beardsy Elder

I don't understand people... A PVP TLP will not work. Everquest has some of the most ludicrous PVP to ever exist in an MMORPG. It's absolutely horrendous past velious. You want PVP? Go play P99 Red or live and start all over with a buncha people from the forums.

You have access to the internet. Post on facebook, twitter, THIS VERY FORUM, Reddit, etc... Make threads/posts/accounts that look for like minded individuals that also want a PVP TLP. Or an FV ruleset. FIND THESE PEOPLE and band together and go play? Why aren't you DMing every single individual that posts about a PVP or FV TLP and say "Hey, let's make a facebook group page and start inviting people, when we hit 40+ we can make a guild."

They don't need a new server to fill your void. You need to fill that void yourself. There's already a live FV server, go play on it.

I have extreme doubts that there will be any new TLP's this year. Maybe there will, but I highly doubt it.
  15. Stagentti Augur

How is the FV server the same as TLP?

By your logic we don't need any of these TLPs because we already have Live.
  16. Raytheon Augur

You saying this makes me think you have never played beyond PoP, because virtually nothing you described as "the way the game seems to play beyond that point" is accurate.

Lots of mechanics to catch up in later expansions. Hotzones, High-XP TAs, Heroic Adventures, Fellowships, etc...

Lots of ways to get great gear in groups starting as early as LDoN, and getting even better in TSS and beyond. By then the best group gear is on par with the prior expansion's best raid gear. It's a good system. Group gear in PoP and prior expansions sucks by comparison.

It never gets anywhere near as bad as PoP or GoD. After that there is occasional keying/flagging but it's uncommon (but not non-existent) for group content, as keying is more focused on raid content.

Exactly the opposite is true. If anything it becomes vastly more friendly for smaller groups as xpacs progress.

What? there is literally nothing like that in content beyond PoP.
    Chopsuey likes this.
  17. code-zero Augur

18. Tymeless Augur

1.) EXP increases in GoD, DoDH, and TSS I believe on all of these servers which does create a catch up mechanic.
    2.) Auto grant comes into play starting in TSS I believe. (I wish it was slightly sooner and would grant 2 expansions back instead of like 3 expansions back but can't be picky)
    3.) Keying/Flagging is never as bad as it is in Kunark, Luclin, and PoP again though they should fix some of the flags awarded for certain expansions on TLPs.
    4.) Free trade becomes less common on servers over time of expansions for a reason. It would be nice as a returning player to buy someones old raid gear to help catch yourself up but at the same time tradeable loot is what makes early tlps the hotbed for the bot crews everyone so desperately hates. Good Group gear shows up in LDoN, DoN, DoDH, and SoF and beyond. So Tradeable loot isn't necessarily all that needed.
    5.) MotM and PotM do not exist on mobs in GoD and beyond. Yes you have to wait for several expansions before it vanishes off of old school mobs in Classic-LDoN but that's the price we pay for having raid content at least remotely challenging in these early era's and even then its not really challenging.

So all and all it seems that all your complaints are addressed for a game past PoP at some point. You just need to give it a chance or admit you just like repeating the same thing over and over again. Nothing wrong with doing what you are comfortable and familiar with but I challenge you to actually give the Post PoP game a chance if you are so inclined you might find you actually enjoy it.
  19. Tymeless Augur

You nailed it!
  20. Stagentti Augur

1) technically yes but not really. Because you still have to grind out all those levels and AAs. Groups are nowhere nearly as abundant at the lower levels by this point. The servers get top heavy. Soloing is excruciatingly slow.

2) see above: alleviates some of the burden but still leaves a sizable pile.

3) "never as bad" doesn't mean it isn't a struggle for people who are also trying to catch up on levels and AAs. Or people without a massive amount of playtime to catch up and do that.

4) tradeable loot is needed to help people catch up. Again - people keep bringing up group gear without acknowledging that it is not easy to get groups at a certain point. You can't get group gear without a group. Tradeable loot makes it A LOT easier to catch up. Especially the further out you go. Try catching up on FV vs a normal server.

5) no comment

So all in all you haven't actually addressed all his complaints in the reality of the game but just in general terms like "get a group". No acknowledgement of how hard it can be to get one.
  21. Tymeless Augur

Yes getting a group at low levels can be a bit painful at times if you are new and joining a server for the first time which is at max level. However, In GoD people will be leveling zerkers for their main switches. Those zerkers will need groups or PLVLs. I don't know about you but when I'm plvling my toons or my friends toons I seek others that are LFG to join the group and help them out. New people on the server is the lifeblood of the server. So while it's harder to find groups its not impossible. Secondarily in SoD they address that issue to help with low level grinding in the form of mercs for when you absolutely can't find groups or just need 1 or 2 more characters to fill out the group. Sure maybe they could activate mercs on the servers sooner.

Additionally if you make friends with people or comeback to join friends there are a ton of catch up mechanics such as fellowships, hot zones, heroic adventures and task adds, there are monster missions, etc. I came back to phinny after leaving during the beginning DoN at the launch of SoF. I got a small band of players together and we did just fine but decided to leave for mangler so we could experience the content we missed not because we couldn't catch back up. Within a couple months we were even raiding only an expansion or so behind current expansion so again it can't be that hard to catch up if you really want to.

I'll say this the game is better post PoP but too many people are unwilling to experience it for whatever reason because of bad memories from their live in era days of playing the content where the game was a lot more unforgiving.