guild leader/officers mia for years

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by phattoni, Oct 27, 2016.

1. phattoni Augur

how do i get back in my guild?
  2. Janakin Augur

I would petition and see if they can add you back if your GM is mia, or make you the GM perhaps.
  3. Derd Augur

If no officers and the leader are really all gone, why are you staying?
  4. Behee Augur

There used to be a method of petitioning for this sort of issue (guild leaders missing), and they would hold a vote period within the guild of 2 weeks, then a GM would assign the winner of the vote as new leader.

Not sure they do this anymore, think someone posted quite a while ago that they just expect you to leave the guild and form a new one.
  5. xxGriff Augur

yeah, I am certain orphaned guilds do wonders for keeping a database free of errors and bloat. just saying, this is not about "why" anyone would choose to remain, it is not their fault (s)he/we are guildless. And cutting simple support like this speaks volumes. not so much as sorry...it is thank you for your patience.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  6. Derd Augur

Well, they didn't cut support to be mean to you, jesh. Its a money thing as in all business's. But staying in a guild that has no one that can invite other members even if your petition gets your guild name back, seems like your trying hard to not move on from something that died. And it is the weekend they worked there behinds off , shutting down the servers and getting "most" all of the guilds and members properly back. I'm sure the left over petitions will get worked at start of the work week Monday.
  7. xxGriff Augur

it is their job, they get paid, and intimating something does not make it so. so you are ok with the outcome, great. there are many of us who are not. the "they worked sooo hard..." thats what you are supposed to do, its called a job. I have had to pull doubles, overnights and more when there is a problem (and yes, i work IT) I also have to do it 24/7 and be away from my wife and kids... it is my job. your attempt to turn this personal is asinine.
  8. Kaloha New Member

That is completely unacceptable! This is by far one of the WORST thing DB could have done to Everquest and on the dawn of a new expansion! I'm a guild leader of a large guild on CT server. Officers and myself have been UNABLE to re-invite ANYONE because I am not in guild due to this bug! They told us they hope to have it fixed by this weekend...here i am, still waiting, along with ALL my guildmates who logged in during this bug..my petition is days old now.. YOU cannot shrug something like this off, they need to take responsibility for this bug and work over time if need be to reinstate guild leaders. So far customer support on this MAJOR screw up has been lack luster to say the least, we also haven't had an update in 2 days!
  9. Geroblue Augur

They also get the weekend off. I have gotten time off every IT job I ever held.

This game likely has millions of lines of code. Thats over 1,000,000. Maintaining such large code is not easy. Much of it is interdependant.

If they didn't get time off, they would get burned out, and likely quit. There where would we be ?

My senior year at university, I wrote a compiler in one class, and an assembler in another class. Those were just a few thousand lines of code.
  10. Zaztur New Member

I was one of the 10 people that started our guild as we moved to EQ from Diablo II.
    I took my turn as guild leader and I'm still a officer.
    The guild leader hasn't been on in years but I can't be made guildleader so the GMs say..
    I put a petition in because my officer char was booted due to the patch. Sadly with no GL I can't get reinvited.

I'm hoping this all gets worked out. It's not just a guild name, it's part EQ life, it's as real as EQ if you know what I mean.

Jim
    Geroblue likes this.