Guild History, what's yours?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by The real Sandaormo, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Started playing EQ in Velious (original), was in some FnF type guild, joined <Machin Shin>, beat cool stuff down while being yelled at in all caps by Ronak..

Retired in 2006 time frame...

Had knee surgery, was bored, came back, 2017...Joined <Lions of the Heart>, thank you Corwynn! Was a super fun place to get my feet wet again and re-learn the game! Then I apped and joined to <Machin Shin> again... still killing cool stuff!

There are other guilds that raid!? Weird...
    Funky likes this.
  2. Endiment Scale Tailed

Remember when they had Fan Faires, and put your guild names on the badges?
    [IMG]

My first guild was when I playing a druid in 2003, Might and Honor. We did some PoP raids (BoT mostly), until a former guild leader retook over the guild and just removed everyone. A few of us found a nice family called Earthen Guardians. In 2006 I switched to playing a warrior, and also started raiding with a group called After Hours. in 2008 I decided I wanted a traditional raid guild and joined Veeshans Fury. In 2010 I switched to Ring of Valor.
    Tour, Celephane and Nennius like this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Interesting, I notice they don't have guilds on the last couple of badges

And I miss fan faire. I did attend one where I met Endiment
    Grove likes this.
  4. Endaar Augur

On Karana:
    The Valorous - Co-founded this with some friends (including a future dev) on the first day guilds were available, when you had to meet in the chat room.
    Harbingers - The Valorous was part of a raiding alliance led by Harbingers; when Harbingers split from the alliance, most of The Valorous followed. I believe the Harbingers Tower zone is a tribute to the guild, which folded in early Luclin when the GL retired and refused to turn over leaders hip to anyone else. I retired at the time. When EQ went FTP I actually got about a dozen Harbingers back to the game, though I think they have all since retired again.

On The Rathe, post merger with Karana:
    Evolution of Faith - Family and mid-tier raid guild; had a lot of fun with them raiding PoP even though it was no longer current content.
    Legend of Marr - I left EoF to raid end-game; Legend of Marr was a great guild that, typical for end-game guilds, had a lot of strong personalities. Raiding DPoB was probably the most fun I've had in EQ. I eventually burned out and retired a second time.
    Battle Cry - Casual/Family guild - They were very nice to me and I made some friends but I never really found what I was looking for; I think EQ (or at least The Rathe) was at an odd spot at the time where there were no options for people who wanted to raid but couldn't raid 5 days a week, and a true casual guild just isn't my thing. Retirement #3.

On Bristlebane:
    Ring of Valor - I server transferred to join RoV because it seemed like a great fit, and I didn't see any viable options on The Rathe. I've seen probably five expansions worth of content with RoV in the past year between casual and hardcore raids, and it's been a fun time.
  5. Slamdunk New Member

Povar - Shadowclan
    Xev - Peritus

~Anakaunda/Nitena
  6. Kalabourene New Member

1999-2002:
    Innoruuk - <Daughters of Innoruuk>
    Innoruuk - <Eternal Flame>
    Innoruuk -<Methods of Madness>
    Current:
    Firiona Vie- <Hexennacht>

[IMG]
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  7. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

I feel like this thread was just the OP wanting to put his thoughts in writing, and doesn't actually care what others guild history is. I know I sure don't. I could not care less.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I get the feeling you just wanted to put your opinion of the thread in writing and don' really care about anyone else's posts. :)
    Leex, Shanarias, Ozon and 6 others like this.
  9. syght New Member

Saw a bunch of old names today , Sand, Harbo, etc. be fun to catch up sometime. Ton of people I miss
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

1999 - unguilded: Morrel Thule (Live Classic)
    2001 - Faydwer's Champions: Antonius Bayle (Wakk Ogre Warrior)(Live RoK)
    2002 - Luclin's First: Antonius Bayle (Wakk Ogre Warrior)(Live SoL)
    2003 - United Kingdoms: Antonus Bayle (Wakk Ogre Warrior) (Live PoP-GoD)
    2004 - Shadows of Doom: Antonius Bayle (Skuz Troll Berserker) (Live OoW-DoDH)
    2006 - Darkwind: Antonius Bayle (Skuz Troll Berserker) (Live PoR - TSS)
    2008 - Dark Horizon: Xegony (Skuz Troll Berserker) (Live SoF)
    2008 - Quit EQ after the Seeds of Destruction Beta closed.
    2015 - Returned to EQ, unguilded on AB while I got myself reacquainted with the game again.
    2015 - Darkwind: Ragefire (Deeznubs Halfling then Dark Elf Cleric) (TLP RoK to SoV)
    2016 - Unguilded: Antonius Bayle
    2017 - Darkwind: Phinigel (Wakk Ogre Berserker) (TLP GoD to SoF)
    2018 - Rosengard III: Phinigel (Wakk Ogre Berserker) (TLP SoF - CoV)
    2021 - Age of Unity: Antonius Bayle (Wakk Ogre Berserker) (Live CoV-ToL Beta)
    Brilhasti likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

All 7th Hammer/Tunare for me:

Disciples of Stone
    Jesters League of Antonica
    Ethereal
    Logic of War
    Phoenix Ascendent

Those were all in the 2000-2003 time frame, lots of folks in membership, occasional raiding

Indifferent Lapse (2004-2011)

Just me and two other friends

Inisfree (2011-present)

Just me ;)
  12. Kelset Elder

Joined a 10 year old guild, Sun Clan of Warriors, in 1995 on AOL playing Neverwinter Nights. SCoW started on Compuserve in a MUD called Island of Kesmai. We went from NWNs to Legends of Kesmai to Ultima Online and finally EQ, WoW etc. Only a few of us left in EQ but still going due to an overly developed sense of nostalgia..... :)
  13. Luikan-Combine New Member

Xegony - Realm of Insanity (2009-current, not actively playing but still tagged)

Druzzil - Realm of Insanity (2009-2009, quit just before Underfoot)

The Combine - Realm of Insanity (2006-2009, until merge with Druzzil)

Stromm - Evolutia (2005-2005)
    Stromm - Timeless Ascension (2004-2005, guild disbanded due to blatant cheating probably)
    Stromm - Realm of Insanity(2004-2004, guild disbanded due to WoW)
    Stromm - Asylums Edge (2004-2004, guild disbanded due to loot drama)
  14. Iszack New Member

Nameless: Issack Knewton Paladin
    I was in some low guild for a while, I applied to Euphoria right after POP came out 2002 and req changed from 60 to 65, a week after POP came out I was able to re-app , I had a friend Drizzitbane DE Ench who wanted me to join. I was in Euphoria for a long time and started to get bored. I then left and joined Legacy of Steel 2006, then job hrs changed and joined Paradise of the Nameless, left that job and rejoined Euphoria. I Was getting bored again and realized it was not the guild it was the paladin class I was bored with and main swapped to monk Iszack Knewton. Stayed in Euphoira until it folded in 2008.
    Me friends (Balfor, Zanko, Haggot, Rayx, (rog I cant remember) all transferred from Nameless to BB and joined Club Fu in 2008 during Seeds of Destruction, Help found Fu World Order when Pouty retired and 3 of use from Nameless from Euphoria are still in Fu World Order, Balfor, Rayx and I.
    Iszack
  15. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I know there was other guilds I was in during the early days that I'm forgetting but here's the main ones that stand out for me.

Tallon Zek: Lords of the Dark Horizon

Tallon Zek: Forces of Destruction

Povar: Valheru

Povar: Triton
  16. Zynt Augur

I was in Mithril Web in EQ2 for well over 10 years, probably close to the entire 15. I just left last year because nobody was playing anymore except for one poor pally named Turias who took care of the GH. I miss those folks tremendously.

I see a lot of old Nameless guilds mentioned and I was a member of a few - LoS (way way back), Euphoria for a bit, plenty of boss racing with PoN, and I was in Sapientia for the last years of my raiding which ended in DoN or whichever expac it was that had Angusih. I don't remember which came last.
  17. Stymie Pendragon

I was in Defiant Exodus on Emarr. We did a lot of NToV raiding back then. I played the cleric Treage.:)
  18. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Tribunal:

Shining Path

The Elitists / Elitists and Vagrants. We were forced to reform the guild thanks to the guild0 bug (we could see the raid channel of any raid containing any member in any zone any of our guild was in, and couldnt use our own raid chat)

Torvon:

Blades of Wrath.

Test:

Primal Brood. Currently here.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

*YAY for Torv!!*
  20. lancelove Augur

Xegony, day one...

Guilds that spawned the likes of IC and Havenlight -

“The world has changed.
    I see it in the water.