Guild Hall

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Thash, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Thash Zoner

Recently returned, so perhaps it's old stuff: Spawning the guild hall results in a guaranteed, time-consuming disconnect to server select.

Bugs occur if anyone else tries to enter too soon, nasty group bugging of a character or a persistent error message denying access.

It's consistent for me, I can make it work but it's annoying. My question, is this the normal experience at this time?
  2. Funk Augur

Yes I have it happen all the time also. Compete freeze up when initiating normal guild hall, but then it stays up for a long long time.

Compared to modest hall it always initiates normally no freezes, then hall despawns after no players in it for a period of time, that seems normal.

The regular guild hall staying up for a day after crashing me when initiating does not seem normal.
  3. Thash Zoner

Ragefire hardware is solid, so it's alright there. FV seems to be an inherited, neglected stepchild. Huge difference between the two.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

There was supposedly a half-fix in the last patch, according to the notes . . . it made no difference to me though as it wasn't the problem I was having.

. . . - Fixed a client crash issue that could occur when trying to enter the game from character select to a zone that isn't currently running.

If I use the guild hall, then don't use it for a few hours . . . that is when the next zoning attempt crashes for me, at least. It doesn't crash if I've been offline a couple of days and then attempt to zone in (only person in the guild is me).
  5. TarewMarrForever Augur

FYI all I can confirm that whatever changed two patches ago for this seems to have fixed it. I haven't had a single crash in the past 2.5 weeks, and I probably go in and out of Standard Guild Hall a dozen or more times a day, yet often with hours between visits. It has plenty of time to "unload" the instance, which is exactly how I bugged the issue.

Has anybody else still seen this freeze bug this in the last two weeks?
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

I still get it/I got it yesterday on one account. It is less common, though.