Guild Hall Invasions?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hayzeus, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Hayzeus Augur

I suppose this isn't a great idea for an expansion per se because the opportunities are finite, but I wonder if this has any value as part of a singular bonus style of event (kind of like PoWar was self contained in a way).

Settings: Player housing neighborhoods / Guild yards / Guild Halls / PoK

Imagine a bonus event where an instanced copy of a guild's zone or a guild's hall was overrun with raid style enemies. The raid event could involve clearing their zone (or defeating the main baddies) to take back their neighborhood/hall/whatever.

Hmm... has an instanced version of PoK ever been overrun?

It just seems odd to me that Player Housing/guildhalls/pok zones are eternally safe. Someone should poison their water supply.
  2. Coagagin Guild house cat

We've had guild wars in the past but never really accounted for much. Given the strength of some guilds on each and every server could crush other guilds in heartbeat, I only see creating animosity between guilds and hard feelings all around.

As you clearly state in your bio, you have no dog in this fight but a retired player looking to derail the game because of your self stated "disgust(ed)".

Not exactly a stellar recommendation for long lasting play. If you have truly retired, allow those of us who stay and support the world to do so in peace and put the stirring spoon down as the pot has been stirred enough today.

Thanks!

- Coag
    Kutsuu likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I believe the OP is not talking about PvP but having monsters invade your guild hall as an event.
    Jennre and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. Hayzeus Augur

True. This is what I was referring to.

lol... smh You really ran with that one didn't you?

I clearly stated "instanced" zone, which in my mind sort of equated to a triggered event that they (the guild raid force) would WANT to trigger. I also clearly (CLEARLY!) stated "RAID STYLE ENEMIES," which in no way implies guild pvp.

I don't really even know what else to say to you because you quite obviously intend to misconstrue whatever I do try to say to you. The suggestion was offered in good faith. For some reason you chose to not take it that way.

Yes, I am retired. Yes, I still forum quest because (as alluded to in my signature - which you misconstrued also) I long for a day where the game is something I want to come back to and play again. You can even find posts from me (some quite recently) where I indicate that I still pay for a long term subscription plan in the naïve hopes that I can one day come back to a game that I loved for a very long time.
  5. Allayna Augur

<--- Reigning Guild Hall Invasion Champion
    Jennre likes this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I imagine encounters in GGH and guild villages can be "cheesed" if you can "block monsters in" with furniture.

That said, I think the idea could work. There are also other non-combat zones too, that could do with some action: nexus and abyssal sea for example...

One thing that would make tuning different for non-combat zones is burn-durations, as buffs never run out. You can do some pretty insane longterm burns, and the guild-hall pool adds a different dynamic to resource management.
    That is assuming the guild is allowed to take avatage of their own guildhall layout...

Who would the combat-dummies/bankers/merchants/teleport assistants etc. side with, in a scenario like this...friend or foe...:eek:
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

PoK has an anniversary mission, where you need to kill tiny elephants, gingerbread men and something elese plus 2 named, this all takes please in Plane of Knowledge, there is also an anniversary event which takes place in Plane of Tranquility.

I don't think there has ever been a mission in the guild neighbour hoods or other housing.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There was a quest in the guild village where you needed to collect groundspawns(that looked like collectibles), but there was no combat involved. The reward was a nice aug. :)
  9. Coagagin Guild house cat

Doubtful. Nothing above or farther above would drive anyone to go fight in there own guild hall like this. I don't feel as though I misread anything but the begging for troll cookies.
  10. Hayzeus Augur

It's okay. The beauty of forums is that you get to be wrong without having to show the integrity of acknowledging it. In this particular instance, it actually makes YOU the troll, but everyone has a part to play.

It's enough for me that the likes of Fanra and Corwyhn understood the intent of the post, which tells me that I didn't misarticulate what I was trying to describe. It also helped that a bunch of people didn't really jump up to defend your misinterpretation.

Still, the idea didn't seem to gain much traction (notwithstanding that many couldn't sign in over the past 48 hours to post their opinion), so you should probably focus on the undesirability of the idea to continue your trollish behavior. It's an easier path to discredit the thread that way by highlighting that the idea appears to be a bad idea (or perhaps an unpopular one). Continuing to misunderstand/misconstrue the intent of the thread will only make your trolling more obvious.

Thanks!