Guild hall crash

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Phiyre, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Phiyre Augur

I recently started using the guild hall for easier access to certain areas of the EQ world. For whatever reason, whether my home or work pc, every time I try to zone in, the game crashes. I can keep moving the eq mouse but no loading screen, can't move my character, can't type etc. Can let it sit there a while, finally get frustrated and kill eq via task manager. Log back in, toon sitting in guild lobby. Click the guild hall and can enter. Any idea wtf the game dies every time I try to access the guild hall? Nice feature but sure not worth restarting the game each time I want to zone in...
  2. Coffee Jitters New Member

This used to happen to me as well. The guild hall is an instance and needs to be loaded if I had not used it after some time. After I'd click to enter it loads up and would crash me, re-log and it works fine because its already loaded.

I don't know why it did this but the fix that worked for me was actually buying a placeable guild hall and putting it on a plot. After I did that I no longer had problems. Not sure why but it worked. You might try that and see.
    Phiyre likes this.