Guild Hall Anchors

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Windance Augur

Anyone have good ideas for the developers with respect to managing / reducing / consolidating guild hall anchors?
  2. Loup Garou De loop de loop

3. Windance Augur

Graag Baash likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I'd love to see something like EQ2. There is ONE Guild Hall anchor every guildmember can attune themselves to. This becomes the bind point for an ability called 'Teleport to Guild Hall' that every guild member can use.
    Ndaara, Grove, Angahran and 3 others like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There already is a guild hall anchor, which comes with a port spell, usable by DRU and WIZ. All they need to do is make the spell usable by all, and then everyone can access it. Seems like the simplest way to solve the issue.

I'm pretty sure the "guild hall anchors" OP is talking about are actually personal (i.e. per char) primary and secondary anchors.
    Svann2 likes this.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

Or, you could do like my guild and limit 1 anchor per toon. Still a lot, but not as much.
  7. Windance Augur

Yes. We have about 750 primary and secondary anchors. The other ~100 are guild anchors set by the porters.

At one point we had one of the (now retired) guild members spent months building a freaking amazing dragon out of paving tiles. We ended up dismantling it to make space for anchors.
  8. Loup Garou De loop de loop

That post is less than a year old and if we had added to that one then it would show interest is still strong rather than having posters repeat what is already posted.

Just trying to help. Guess I will stop that right now....bad dog....bad dog:D

I would have also suggested that you make a post called [feature request] so we could upvote it - it seems the #1 suggestion is the single port item for guild members.
    Elyssanda and FYAD like this.
  9. Conq Augur

Sorry you had to choose between Art and anchors. I'm in a raid guild, so we do it a little different than "family" guilds. Due to limited space, anyone who hasn't logged in in 2 years, I mail them their anchors. We actually deguild after a set time as well, but the anchors go home after 2 years. And of course, all the summoned junk (ex: mod rods) that isn't being used for Art, gets sent home too. The idea is to keep more spots open for new members, and everyone can block their 189 iterations of mod rods they don't want on their own private property. That's how we deal with the miserly placed item space provided by the biggest guild hall available (forgot name, not at an EQ computer atm).
    Conq
  10. Windance Augur

Search is your friend. I'll admit that I didn't. Never post something serious before 9am. :eek:

That doesn't really solve the primary/secondary anchor items littering the guild hall. ( unless the reuse timers are so short that it doesn't make sense to use the primary/secondary teleport items at all )

Why?

Melee types use the primary/secondary anchors a lot when doing quests. Adding a 3rd option doesn't mean they will want to lose the first two.

To me this means something like:

A: Guild leader buys/places a "master" guild anchor.
    B: New anchor has a button to "move all primary/secondary anchors from guild hall to "the anchor"
    C: Allow guild members to easily add their anchor.
    D: Automatically "remove" anchor when someone leaves the guild.

This way you would still have two items you can use once every hr. You can clean up your guild hall and reduce the number of anchors.

Unfortunately there are so many other things that need to be fixed something like this is unlikely to make the cut.
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

But also allow non-guild with place permissions to put a prim/second anchor in the hall.
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

You can also have a non-guild druid or wizard put an anchor in the hall and use the guild hall portal to that anchor. The Druid/Wizard spell is not a self-spell, it is an AE, anyone around them can be ported to the same hall.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't work for when guild members are out on their own and need to get back to the guild hall as that spell just ports you to the casters anchor.
    Windance and Rijacki like this.
  14. Windance Augur

What is the reuse timer on that ability ?
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

16. Windance Augur

I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  17. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

In EQ2 its on par with the "Call to Home" that's the equivalent of the Origin in EQ.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  18. Cloud the Third Augur

They could just change primary / secondary anchor so they have a convert button like tons of other items so they could select primary guild hall anchor or the current normal primary anchor. This would fix the issue for guild members but it would still be an issue if you wanted to put an anchor in someone else's guild hall. The only way to fix that would be alot more work of making a dropdown to select which guild hall to anchor you too (alot of restrictions because a guild may not want others anchoring to them) alot of adding drop down in the option for it.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Seems like it would be better to create NPC's to store a primary or secondary anchor and players could just give them their anchors and port to that NPC. Just need the option to retrieve them if you are no longer able to port to that location.

This way there is no complications about where you can port to or having many options to chose from.
    Windance likes this.
  20. Monkeychunks Augur

Everyone is overlooking free accounts in these suggestions. There are primary and secondary anchors. F2P cannot place either in guild halls but we can put BOTH anchors on a house plot.

So the adjustment, if one were to be made, needs to be something that allows F2P to also port to guild hall.

Why not just make a "Throne of the Guild Hall" since that would confuse many players and cause them to click the wrong port. The devs seem to like putting little tricks like that in the game.

They could call it a vet reward even though those are no longer given out but being as everyone gets the vet rewards on character creation be you F2P or Paid then it would only be fair.

And then just use the primary and/or secondary for houses and plots or for those players who want to fill the guild plot with tree looking things. Like make a forest.