Guild creation rules

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by narksar, Mar 28, 2019.

1. narksar Augur

I was unable to create a guild called the "Barking Cats of Krewluck". The system told me I was unable to create a guild with such a name. I tried multiple variations and none of them worked. I even contacted a GM who claimed he couldn't create the guild for me and also claimed he didn't even know the rules. There is no part of that name which violates any rule, its not even too long of a name.

I am incredibly disappointed and dissatisfied in having to go through such an elaborate process to get a simple guild name approved.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#5 - I am sure they don't want to tangle with Seth, even though he is really cute.
  3. narksar Augur

....what?
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

From the naming policy -
    #5. Do not pick a name that violates anyone's trademarks, publicity rights or other proprietary rights. In the event that the holder of any trademarked or copyrighted material contacts Daybreak Game Company LLC and requests reference(s) to their intellectual property be removed, any names containing trademarked or copyrighted material will be changed.

Krewluck is part of the triangle in Family Guy that is used to bring Barbara Streisand to life or something like that. It is only used in Family Guy. No other google reference to it is found. So if the powers that be consider it could conceivably be a trademark for Family Guy and using it would be a violation if the creator of Family Guy (Seth Macfarlane) chose to raise a stink then it would not pass.

Or it could be the fact that Luck is close to another word that starts with "F" and is also why Buck and any word with "uck" is denied.
  5. AnzoRagespirit Augur

You sir are a scholar, not many people would have known this " unless you googled it as well"
  6. narksar Augur

You are completely and totally wrong. Its from South Park. And it didn't bring Barbara Streisand to life, it enabled her to become "Mecha Streissand" but only when the Triangle of Krewluck combined with the Triangle of Zinthar to make the Diamond of Pantheos. But, Zinthar and Krewluck are not copyrighted so... doesn't apply.

So, yeah, you aren't completely and totally wrong, you had the right idea...

I still think I should be able to make this guild. I already created a guild called the "Meowing Rats of Zinthar" without a problem.

PS. Omg, this post now shows up on google when searching "krewluck"
  7. narksar Augur

I am still unable to make this guild.