Guild Banking and Housing Storage

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

While the current guild bank that is offered in the current system is good, there are systems that are limited. Extensions of larger guild banking systems typically use the housing system.

The issue with the housing system:

1. Moving items requires physically moving the character to each house.
    2. The housing system is old and not streamlined well.

Suggestion:

1. Allow people to access the Guild Bank Housing System Interface from the Guild Hall.

2. All houses can be named and their contents be moved and stored from that interface.

3. Advertisements to highlight available gear to people that meet specific criterion, such as a collectibles house the text is highlighted that the character does not have that collectible yet.

This would also allow those of us that use more complex housing systems for personal storage to allow be able to streamline and better store our items. There are people that have Houses for each tradeskill or collectible systems for their alts.

What are your ideas for a better interface and storage system for the game?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As long as F2P cannot move/interact/place items or otherwise do much in a guild hall then I see no improvements in the future.

It might be beyond the devs to separate it that thoroughly.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Or they could make a storage box like they have in EQ2 that you can allow all your alts to access. Storage in EQ is nutty.

I think NGreth said this was on his radar...not sure if the dragon hoard was what he hand in mind or if the storage box is perhaps on the drawing board.
  4. Froglok Augur

Using House for storage. Hmm. I guess if you are big on the Bazaar game, you might do this.

I am also guessing you are putting a lot of stackable items there, like tradeskill items.

IMO, the better option might be to put only non-stackable items in your houses and keep the stackables in your bank. If you toss stuff on the Bank, it auto-stacks (which is not the case for your house). Additionally, houses have limited space for non-placeables as well.

Also, take full advantage of alts. Pass things to them via Parcels or Shared Bank to store in their banks. Example, a Ranger gets all the Fletching stuff, a baby Rogue gets all the Poison stuff and so on.

I rarely play the alts and they all have plenty of bank space left for such things. So when I do play them, they are still not burdened down with full bags.

So, when I need something, it's matter of parceling or shared bank from one toon or another. This is better than running house to house, for me.
    Rondor likes this.
  5. Aanuvane Augur

It's so much easier to use houses than alts. I started with alts and changed to houses years ago. 300 non placeable items per house is workable. I keep one house for fletching, one house for jewelcraft, one house for old tailoring, one house for new tailoring, etc. SOOOOO much easier than logging in alts to move stuff around I just give all my characters access to all my houses and each can access exactly what they need when they need it without having to monkey around with logging in and out.
    Rondor, Marton and Tatanka like this.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

So, what you're saying is that it's easier to:
    1. Run from PoK to Guild Lobby
    2. Run from Guild Lobby to (Loading, please wait... still waiting, still loading, maybe 10 minutes from now we'll be done.....) to the neighborhood
    3. Run / Springboard to the property which is unnamed so you just have to remember that 101 Market = Baking supplies, etc
    4. Open up the property, scroll through hundreds of items because there is no search function, grab items, scroll some more
    5. Stein back to PoK
    ..instead of...
    1. Log on alt account (if not already logged on), Baking mule, conveniently parked at the big bank or guild hall, etc with a parcel and merchant guy close by
    2. Open bank, click Find button
    3. Grab items from the find window and auto inventory
    4. Transfer items from mule to main: (1) turn around and parcel whatever stacks you need, or (2) manually hand 8 items at a time
    I know money isn't a huge issue anymore, but you're also paying for the upkeep on properties where as extra accounts / characters are always free.

TL;DR
    EQ needs a better storage system for the hundreds of new items we have to collect every expansion.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, no.

It's easier to click my secondary anchor, which is placed in the middle of my housing plots. Only 13 houses, and I've had 'em years, so I know exactly what's in each. And don't tell me I don't. I'll grant you know exactly which alt your desired item is on. Grant me that I know what house my item is in.

And everything is alphabetical in the house, so no search needed.

If you can log out/in twice faster than that, my hat's off to ya. I can't. Oh, and that's not counting moving stuff in and out of shared bank, which I don't have to do, or parcelling, which, if you're doing that for more than a few items, sorry, your way isn't faster. And it's also assuming you didn't want items on more than one alt, so you've got more logging out/in to do. I just run to another house, which is maybe another 10 seconds, tops.

Also, not paying anything for upkeep. Just get bags of alt currency from Loyalty, and pay with that. And I never have much I want to buy from Loyalty, so it's not like I'm losing out on something else. 11 loyalty gets 100 coins. One week's loyalty on just one account is 120. So that buys almost 11 bags. 1100 coins divided by 14 (13 houses and a GH) is about 78 days (11 weeks). So, you just have to spend 1 week's worth of loyalty every 11 weeks, on one account. That's close enough to free in my book.

But, it's a great big beautiful world. If you're happy with your way, and I'm happy with mine, then it's a win/win. Summon some beers, and cheers :)
  8. Aanuvane Augur

Thanks Tatanka - I couldn't log in yesterday to reply to Fenthen.

I'm a druid, I keep an anchor in my neighborhood and when I'm actively TSing, if I forget to buy something I need in PoK before I start, I can pop back and pick up what I need. I rarely tradeskill in PoK because it's crowded and the lag makes the auto-combine stop. I will add that I have also parked an alt in PoK and used that character to purchase items and parcel them to the toon in the neighborhood who is tradeskilling - that works too.

I know exactly what houses have what in them and I've even modified my neighborhood map with labels and shared it with my husband so he can find what he needs. I've placed tradeskill containers like ovens, looms, forges, etc. on the appropriate plot so I can do combines on the spot and not even have to go up to the front of the zone.

You do you. If alts work for you - great - I just find housing much easier. So when people start talking about storage topics, I try to make sure that they even know this is an option. I just granted access to my baking plots to a very old friend who has been playing EQ for many years and he didn't know this was a thing.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Having lost a lot of items a few years ago. I will never trust housing for anything important including my TS items
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Aanuvane Augur

Though I have never experienced a material, permanent loss of items from housing, yes, knowing that others have does give me pause. However, I also have two output files tied to a camp button that I use regularly for all characters, so if I did ever experience this, I have the wild expectation that I could probably work with CS to get the items restored because I know exactly what I have in every house. I know this could be problematic, but it's a risk I'm willing to take until I experience a major issue with it.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Brilliant idea for those who share their plots!
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I understand how you feel, but for me, it's a cost benefit analysis. I've never (even temporarily) lost housing or GH, and don't know of very many people who have. So, I'll take the convenience against the pretty small chance I'll get bitten by that bug.

I also keep outputfiles of what I have in my houses, like Aanuvane mentions :)
    Aanuvane likes this.