Guides

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

We need more Guide events!
    <3 Guides.
    Herf likes this.
  2. FrozenWater Augur

Guides need better tools than a chat box and a "give illusion potion" button :oops:
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are you volunteering to become a guide to help host more events?
  4. KarmaKitty Augur

True & True. Check the guide event board.

The Guides on Bristlebane have been fairly active.

Prize revamp would be welcome.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Not all Live servers have guides, and I don't think all the TLPs do either. Would really NOT be in favor of adding new things to guide events if not everyone can participate.

I've considered joining the program if it would mean that the program would reciprocate and give Xegony a full-time guide. But as far as I can tell, they don't guarantee that. Since it's all hush-hush.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Guides get assigned based on what servers they play on and since it is all volunteer based it can be hard at times to juggle it all.
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

I know I enjoy guide events. I do wish they would give them more tools in their toolbox, more prizes to hand out than just ornaments. This would probably incentivize people to come to more of them.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

New Guide Rewards would be awesome!! I have multiples of every weapon already and getting close to having all of the shields as well, think I'm missing like 5 of the 18 shields still.

Even making the shields a little more common than they are would probably be a nice boost. I know the Shields from the guide events have been requested in both of the Ornament Threads when we've voted on new ones to add, they seem quite popular. But even on servers where Guide Events are common the shields are quite rare.

As far as running more events, they need more players applying to be guides. I know they announced they were recruiting pretty recently on Povar, now is probably the time to apply if anyone is considering it. More Guides = More Events!!
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

They did a guide recruitment event on Cazic like a month ago? Maybe a little longer, so they were/are looking for people to be guides.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

All the info is on the guide forum if anyone is interested.

But you will most likely not get assigned to a server you play on (favoritism and all that)

Q: Can you guide on the server you play on?
    A: Unfortunately, you can not guide on the server you play on. When accepted into the guide program, you will be assigned to a server other than your play server. There are exceptions to this rule in some instances.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

pondering!
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We had on on AB on Tuesday during the middle of raids. Timing could have been better.
  13. KarmaKitty Augur

Bad timing would be why I notice them. They tend to announce right around the time I'm logging out :(
  14. Zinth Augur

there were on my server last night trying to recruit more peeps... they are desperate... so sign up! their SWAT team was down to 4 people now which is extremely low...