Grouping Question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Snegie, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Snegie New Member

Hello all!
    I just returned a week or so ago from almost a decade leave and here is my question. I have level 69 toon and I am bringing a new one up in levels. I do not want to just make the new toon 85 so I can relearn to play again and enjoying the old levels. At what level will he be aloud to group with the 69 toon and the lower toon get EXP? I know there was a limit back in the day but did not know if anything changed. Thank for all the help in advance!
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

3. Snegie New Member

Xyroff,
    Thank you so much for the help and the link. That sure is one way to answer it! Its good to see how nice the EQ people still are.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

1.5 times your level, max of 30.

So 69*1.5=97.5, so you can group with someone up to L97.

One thing I did when I made my mage is I leveled a FTP druid with it. Having the FTP ports is awesome. Something to think about if you are leveling the box. I don't play the druid, I just let her follow me around for track and ports. If I did it again, I would also level a wizard with them, because it's a different set of ports. It's nice to have a FTP porter/buffer. Not just druids. Lots of people have FTP pockets like mages for pet weapons or SHM for unity.
  5. Snegie New Member

This is great information thank you!