Group shaman mage and chanter buffs in the level 40ish range.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not sure of the exact level but group spells that can be MGB'd have to be somewhere in the under level 50 range to take hold on low level toons... down to level one. There is no shaman hp buff, mage ds or chanter haste that will land on level 20 or 30 folks etc. Do you think that is intentional or an oversite?

Just wondering I run a buff group that does daily 10 minute buff sessions for all levels and would be nice to be able to cast MGBs for those low levels instead of single target buffs. Not a important issue though it it would take any significant dev time. Just a nice to have.. and mayeb appreciated on the TLPs too.

Again not something I would expect devs to spend any significant time on.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

It is intentional that high level bufs will not land on low levels.

Is that what you asked?
  3. smash Augur

It is intentional that high level buffs cannot land on low levels.

Low levels shall not have those abilities/hps.

If you wanna see more carefull just take a single person buff and cast on low level and see message. It has always been so and will alway be.
  4. Tereil Elder

I think OP is wanting to be able to MGB low level buffs for low level players. It would be convenient, but as stated, they are all single target for low level, thus MGB not being usable for them. It is unlikely to ever be changed. They wanted the time sink of single target buffs back in the day.
  5. Goodn Augur

He meant what Tereil said as he is my guild leader...

FYI, Haste can be done via Talisman of Celerity AA from Shaman (aas that are mgbed land on all levels of toons...at least the ones I've tested). The mage ds vs druid ds at low level is 1 point (and the druid one last longer). Group shammy hp buff has no version available.

I understand why adding group versions of spells might throw some kind of balance off on the TLP servers, but it would be very nice to have all the basic spells covered for lower levels at some point to help those on regular servers "catch up" faster and/or be able to take advantage of MGB fests.

An easy fix would be to add the spells to the VoA merchants at level 49 (the last level you can cast spells on level 1s). Since they are now "part of the VoA expansion", TLP servers don't have access. But everyone could access on regular servers right now to help out.

A returning/new player able to get extreme buffage in a MGB fest = happy player more likely to continue...
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No I asked for shamans to get a HP group buff in the level 40 range, mages to get a DS in the level 40 range and chanters to get a group haste in the level 40 range.
  7. Goodn Augur

...and very occasionally you can find a low level toon that is buffed with Virtue and Voice of Quellious running around PoK. Buff restrictions didn't hit until LoY (or just after). I think with all the mergers a toon would have to be at least level 20, but they do exist.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah the reason I wouldn't mind the mage DS is I have the druid do regen so atm I alternate between the druid doing regen and a ds.

And I would reiterate what Goodn says. People coming back to the game especially with lower level toons really appreciate the buffing. Most players do whatever their current level best buff is when they MGB so a lot of times the lower level players get missed.

I cover all the major buffs form pal clr shm chnter dru mag rng bst and do 5 level ranges and usually a 10 minute session so people have time to log in alts to get them buffed too. As long as RL doesn't get in the way I try to do a minimum of one MGB session early evening EST. Sometimes a second one later in the night. Weekends one when I log in noonish and one early evening. More during bonus exp periods.

The sessions seem to be very popular and help those logging in for a short period in the evening make the most of their game time.

But the credit all goes to a druid named Wanderinglefty who I always saw giving buffs and ports to people. One day I decided to start doing it to. Been doing it a few years now. Just a way to give back to the server community that has made the game so much fun for me. And heck if it helps hold on to returning players and makes Xegony a more popular server that isn't a bad thing either :).
  9. Goodn Augur

You should just level up another 105 druid...doesn't everyone have at least 2?

;)