Group Gear in New Expansion vs EoK

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wizlard, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Funk Augur

I agree, I think it should have been the TBM raid armor having the AC edge over EoK group armor though. Like that 36 ac gap should have been other way around. I kept TBM raid chest over group, along with arms for cleave 9 + fire focus, legs for fero 13 and thought nothing of the ac loss cause like you said the raid effect/focus was far superior. But I did end up using group bracers/boots/gloves/helm till I got EoK raid armor.
    Wizlard likes this.
  2. Wizlard Augur

Exactly, and from a pure tanking standpoint even the arms/legs/chest probably should have gone.
  3. Seldom Augur

TBM raids had Sul augments, chase mask and Eyes of Decay. Those things alone made it very worthwhile to venture back and redo them. EoK has a few raid rares and Nathsar's aug. Personally, I really enjoyed the way itemization was handled in EoK versus recent expansions. Especially in comparison to TBM. I don't think previous expansion raid visibles should automatically beat group gear with that being said. Being able to mix and match for a little bit is nice, gear has already been too cookie cutter. Raiders have more than enough of an advantage regardless and will all get the new raid visibles fairly fast if can adequately knock out the new content at a decent pace.
    svann likes this.
  4. lancelove Augur

Why do you care if groupers that are not in a high end raid guild, or any guild, get that upgrade above the last years raid gear? If the mobs, and quests etc., in the new expansion require a certain base amount of stats to handle it. You are going to earn your raid gear, for the new expansion, its going to be better than last expansions raid gear...i dont see why your having a problem OP.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and svann like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

I very confidently didn't change out my Deathseeker's raid armor for Selrach's group armor, and advised all who asked not to, either. I remain confident, after tanking tiers 1 & 2 of EOK raids long enough to finally upgrade to Velazul's, that I made the correct choice.
    Janakin and Wizlard like this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Who it actually hurts are the casual raid teams, who traditionally could work at last expansions raids and still hope for an upgrade. TBM > EoK wasn't as bad as TDS > TBM, where tanks at least could literally upgrade to group gear in some slots.
    It would be nice to keep the EoK raid gear viable enough that it's worth going back to get it for the casual teams and still have a bit of a wow factor for those that win it.
    Schadenfreude, Sancus, Tucoh and 2 others like this.
  7. Wizlard Augur

I already stated that we worked hard for this gear, and some of our effort should be retained for more than 24 hours into a new expansion.

Others have brought up great points about keeping this content a worthwhile alternative for gear via pick up raids, casual raids, and so forth. In my opinion it just makes sense on various levels.
  8. Cleaver Augur

Worked hard really ? lol.
  9. Wizlard Augur

Dream on, fool? Exactly what I said applied to the TBM raid non-visables. They retained value until they were replaced by EoK raid non-visables. Even visables did for some classes, and I think some folks here believe all classes.

If this is not the point you are making, please elaborate. Your original post was very vague.
  10. Wizlard Augur

Thanks for your contribution !
  11. smash Augur

If i were rogue, and not max in bs, should i select tbm raid wrist or eok grp wrist.

Eok wrist got bs, raid tbm does not.
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Oh really now?
    You think it's worthwhile to have a whole raidforce do 6events for but one item?
    Not even for the 1k raidcurrency that the container cost - by the time we ended TBM i had over 4k coin...

Don't get me wrong:
    The mask itself is nice enough and certainly worth it for everyone that has it.
    But farming TBM 54 times to get each and everyone their mask - nope: not worth it.
    Even less so to form an open raid for merely 1 or 2 items, depending if you go for a mask or the augments as such.

We have done Crypt of Sul several times for the eyes, and that was a good thing.
    But it was more of a time-filler than anything - the two eyes were a welcome goodie, but the rest of the loot... wasn't by then.
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Believe it or not, there are guilds outside the top20...
    Who for various reasons (actually) have a much harder time getting events down.
    And i am not even talking about bottleneck events like Vault or the intial (non-immune) Reaper.
    That's not really reason to condescendingly laugh at them now, is it?
  14. Cleaver Augur

There is nothing hard about EOK raids none of them.
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I'd say that the "truth" of your statement solely depends on which resources your guild has or doesn't have.
    It'd do you some good i think to get off your high horse from time to time and at least try to put yourself into the shoes of the guild that's number 3,4 or 5 of your server.
    It's people like you and the attitudes you have that give raiders in general a bad rep among the more casual or non-raiders.
  16. Tucoh Augur

As a non-raider, I agree with this. When designing group gear, I think it'd be simple for devs to just use the previous expansion's raid gear AC and HME, and back off the numbers a bit (5%) while still maintaining the typical raid vs group difference in focus effects / heroic stats / misc other stats.

The top tier warrior group BP in the next expansion having ~750AC / ~5800HP would be enough to motivate a non-raider like me, but still give enough for room for up-and-coming raiders to be motivated to progress through EoK raids.
  17. Scorrpio Augur

The TBM raid and T2 EoK pieces actually complement each other in that department. TBM raid boots, gloves, legs, head come with a BS bonus, Selrach's does not. Which is even better cause in a guild that hits TBM raid targets, certain classes are less likely to bid on wrists, leaving them to those who need them. For a chanter or a druid, TBM raid wrist is a no-brainer.
  18. Seldom Augur

Zhaunil, not sure if you have selective reading or not. If you think it's not worthwhile to redo TBM content for Eyes of Decay, Sul augments or chase masks then thats on you. That stuff is split raidable also so can get more augs/masks if a guild is pushing for maximum efficiency and have no new wave of folks that need Eyes of Decay. Plenty of guilds do/did. I have never been on a single "open" raid, on the multiple servers I play on, where Deathseekers geared rotted. Coincidentally, on every highend raid, some app or alt always gladly loots it up also among the other things like weapons, shields etc. I don't wonder why? I guess that gear is just soooo horrible though huh lol. As I said, I really enjoyed the way itemization was handled this expansion. Folks get plenty of wear and tear out of their raid gear without making it even more powerful relative to group game IMO
  19. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

Guilds trying to recruit in general chat post their raid times as a couple or 3 hours a night for 2 or 3 days a week.

That doesn't sound like such "hard work" that everyone else who doesn't raid should be gimped as punishment.

Loading all the best gear into raid events that are done in just a few hours a week was never a good way to keep the masses busy, playing, and paying.
  20. Rhodz Augur

Keeping you actively chasing the carrot is apparently the entire point of expansions.
    You see since they do not play this game they have zero respect for your time and effort.
    All they wish to do is sell expansions and subs and it works, shame on us.