Group exp vs Raid exp

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Khaliss, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Khaliss Augur

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows for sure the different in group exp vs raid exp gain? I found an old thread regarding this topic, but not sure how accurate this is:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/group-experience-vs-raid-experience.30790/

Me and a friend (play boxed toons) and want to PL a couple of groups, we start at level 1 and curious if the xp isn't terribly disadvantaged versus just PLing separately. It's probably fun to zerg old zones and pull 10-15 mobs at a time haha! Looking it at it mathematically, say a kill gives out 120 xp points , if the toons are in a 6-man group, for simplicity lets say each toon gets 20 xp points (not counting group bonus xp). but if there are say 12 toons formed as a raid, would each get 10xp points? Note that we are playing on a Live server (FV)
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

FV is a special server has a Bonus EXP. so compare FV zones with FV zones.
  3. moogs Augur

Group exp gain is positive and Raid exp gain is negative. Depends a lot on how stubborn and suicidal your raid leader is. At least that has been my experience.

The group xp bonus doesn't work quite like that. If 5 players each receive 24 xp points, 6 players would also receive 24 xp points. The 6th player's xp is free so that's where the "bonus" lies. It's not exactly like a pie that you all share (no for group, yes for raid). I mean it's not zero sum, there is no competition for a larger slice. There are many other factors such as your relative levels to the mob, your race/class, ZEM, how much xp you have set to AA, whether you have a modifier such as a potion or LOTD, how many are in your group and if you have a mercenary.