Group black wolf buff length

Discussion in 'Priests' started by DamnataAnimus, Aug 12, 2017.

1. DamnataAnimus Elder

Curious if this is happening to all druids or if mine is somehow bugged...

Basically group spirit of the black/white wolf are lasting a few days rather than 2 minutes as stated by the aa. Possibly also the self only versions too but I havn't checked those myself.

I couldn't find anything on the forums about it, so making a thread to ask.
  2. Brohg Augur

That's a bug caused by local clock desync, with the usual culprit being the motherboard's onboard battery dying. You can temporarily fix it by finding a button in settings to set your clock via the internet, but you should replace the battery sooner or later. As helpful as this particular manifestation of the bug is, it'll also play havoc with the cooldown on various other cooldowns & discs.
  3. Jaylin Augur

Now are you talking about the buff or the illusion part? You mentioned possibly the self version too so it made me think you aren't a druid on the toon questioning it.

Bard enc and rogue will get days of illusion from it. Now if it's the spell boost itself I have no idea
    Skewert likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

The illusion and the stat benefit are 2 different buffs. With persistent illusion and some classes, the illusion part (no stat buff) can last a long time
  5. Jaylin Augur

yes i understand that, i was trying to clarify which portion of the buff the poster meant. Which is why i asked which part of the buff they meant.
    Skewert likes this.
  6. DamnataAnimus Elder

A few things

a) My pc is less than a year old so while possible it's unlikely to be the motherboard battery dieing, addEd to which I don't see the other usual symptoms of this eg. Bios/windows date/time resetting.

b) I'm referring to the buff itself not the illusion which I have blocked on all my characters. I box 6 characters - war,mage,enc,dru,brb and clr (who us played sometimes by my bf) using is boxer and none have buffs/discs lasting several days. Just the druid and just this buff along with self only (I checked today)

c) my boyfriend who sometimes plays the cleric on a totally different pc, also has it last several days as do the other characters I box, though this could be because it's the druid who casts it not them though I really have no idea to be honest.

Here are some screenshots of the buff window from myself and bf.

Mage (from my pc)
    [IMG]
    As we can see it's just this buff and not others which are also cast on the same pc.

Cleric (on bfs pc)
    [IMG]

The second screenshot shows its not a display bug and that it's the same on a totally different pc.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Are you, by chance, just hanging out in PoK, GL, or GH (or neighborhoods)? Buffs last forever in those zones. Except DotC, of course :)
  8. mackal Augur

It shows as lasting for 81 hours, so no :p
  9. DruidCT Augur

Nothing to see here. :)
  10. smash Augur

I think if you just ignore this thing then you at some point will find yourself on a vacation from eq (ban).
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sorry, couldn't make that out in the picture. old eyes :(
  12. DamnataAnimus Elder

That's while technically true in practice isn't. Easy to check with bard songs which last 16 seconds, they will start at the correct time left count down a few seconds then jump back up to the original length if used in guild hall or Pok.

It also would not affect the the overall time on the buff itself or ALL my buffs would last 81 days.

And to be clear it doesn't matter what zone I'm in when it's used it always starts out at 81 days remaining then counts down as normal.

While I enjoy the buff lasting 81days on my casters something is obviously wrong considering its supposed to last 2 minutes or 120 seconds, rather than the 81days or 6,998,400 seconds as it's lasting for myself. Sounds legit....
  13. Drogba Augur

hit my wizard up with black wolf before you get neutered. 5 krono!
  14. DamnataAnimus Elder

LOL if your on Erollisi I'll do it for free. Doesn't stack with most caster burns though, at least mage chanter druid ones :p
  15. Brohg Augur

Whatever you're clicking doesn't? because Group Spirit of the Black Wolf sure does.
    Drogba and Sancus like this.
  16. DamnataAnimus Elder

Hmm good to know lol just assumed it didn't due to increased crit damage because to the best of my knowledge those don't usually stack. I'm also quite new to eq having only started playing end of February this year and being in a guild of only my characters plus a few friends of which only one has played before and not for a while so I've had to find pretty much everything out for myself, it's an ongoing process I've not really delved into the SPA stuff really to know what stacks with what.

However now you mention it even after using burns on my mage/enchanter I've never had to rebuff it. Assuming it also stacks with those too?
  17. Brohg Augur

yes indeed
  18. jabtonk17 New Member

I have the same exact thing on my druid. The AA buff lasts for right around 81 hours. Heard in chat that theres a guy who got the shammy proc buff to last like 512 hours, lol. If it were just wolf who knows not unbalancing, its only a small increase to crit rate or something but with shammy buffs bugged too i bet it gets fixed pretty fast.