Grinding AAs

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Broozer, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, TL o/t SBoars has same stats as OMAD: ~30 minutes, ~22 AA, 30 min cooldown. Good catch.

As a boxer, I've been hesitant to get into the missions in ToV yet. For Griklor, it sounds like there's a lot of moving around, which usually spells doom for me :) Perhaps I'll give them a shot and see how it goes.
  2. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

For Griklor...

1.) Start the mission by saying the keyword to the dwarf right when he's above the dwarf.
    2.) Stand slightly up the hill to the right of the entrance above the tree. From memory, there's an ice chunk or something right on the side of the hill to help with a reference for the positioning.

Once you get that worked out correctly with the positioning, there's hardly any running around to do. The emotes and pathing work out so you can just stay in the one spot and kill the adds while he flies around and you end up in the right spot for triggering the emote without having to chase around after him.

I'm lazy, I do it with just my paladin and a merc healer. I start my burn when he first drops down off of his mount and he goes up once. I kill the adds and he drops down a 2nd time. He dies and I kill the rest of the adds. Don't even really have to move.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  3. Alnitak Augur

I typically run AA-earning cycle like : OMAD->Lesson Burn 30 mins->OMAD->RelikOfThePast->StormBoars(EW)->Griklor. It's about 2 hr long cycle, I get really bored past that and go back to questing for my alts.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ive been doing the VT partisans. Thanks for the Memories, then Even if they Werent So Great together with Sincerely, Cissela. 57aa in less than half hour. Boring though.
  5. Ozon Augur

If you don't have much time, Partisan #3 in Bloodfalls, it takes about 5 min once you know the route. 18-19AA at 120
  6. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

You can also preloot the drops off of spirits in the last mission for NoS and then do those 3 quests over and over and over and over and over and over and over..... I think it's 18 AA for each one. If you can, get the merc tasks on 6 chars when you go into the mission. That way, you get 6 drops each time.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

That's getting nerfed, so get it while the getting is good.
    Kleitus_Xegony, Ozon and Tucoh like this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

Use dual invis to flip Bloodfalls partisan 3.

You can get the quest and AFK. After 30m, do the quest, immediately get and complete it again. then AFK. You can get 36AA every hour for 10s on the half hour (to request) and less than 10m on the hour to do it twice in a row. Dual invis makes it easy.

If you can box it, you can do Partisan 2 while waiting on the timer and get 18 AA for that plus the XP for about 8 kills while you wait on Partisan 3 again.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

My AA grinding strat: get a level five NoS cloak. By the time you finish hunter you'll be burning glyphs on trash mobs.
  10. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Yep - everyone expects it to get nerfed. It's just a matter of how hard they drop the hammer on it.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Oh you mean the place that's a PL 24/7 spot on FV? big surprise there. sorry replied to wrong post was talking about the caves in GD.