Grinding AAs

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Broozer, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Broozer Augur

Greetings fellow adventurers!

I just hit 120 with my Paladin (thanks to overseer and some task adds). I need to really grind out AAs to work on his beefiness (assume my AA Bank resembles the lvl 110 auto grant). Where would you recommend I go grind AAs either if it is just me and a healer merc or me boxing a bard with mercs.

Cheers
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  2. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Rygorr mines is go to on a 120 SK. I don't even use a healer merc, just a DPS one which I think you could probably do as well. You have the added benefit that most of the zone is undead.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Prior to ToL, my goto AA grind spot for my toons was the GD mission instance in ToV. Grab an instance, clear the wurm caves, drop task, repeat.

At 120, I believe they may have gone light blue, so it wasn't really any good for a group, but solo, it might still be pretty good. At 115, I could tank 2 at a time with a gimpy SK (any more than that was iffy since I was running 3 toons and alt-tabbing), so at 120, it should be pretty easy.
  4. Broozer Augur

Between both replies, sounds like ToV is the expansion to spend time grinding in. What’s the name of the mission for Wurm caves?
  5. Broozer Augur

Any particular part/camp of the zone?
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Restless Assault. The NPC is at the coldain camp outside of where Thurgadin is/was. There's also the tizmak caves in that instance, but it was really hard to navigate those tunnels with a group...might be a little easier solo.
  7. Qimble Augur

ToV for sure. If you've got the keys I'd recommend 5th floor TOFS. The dogs there are still solid XP, there's only a single patrolling mob so they're all single pulls. Only time you should need a merc or box toon is if you get a named mob. Assuming you're in ToL group gear, I would be surprised if you could kill all of them faster than they respawn so you should be able to just set up shop and grind to your hearts content.
  8. Ozon Augur

ToV is the best choice, GD caves, Tizmak caves, ToFS 2nd floor, 5th floor dogs. If ToV is a bit much, try Howling Stones North wing, basement, West wing are all also really solid.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

If you box a bard and have two mercs, one a healer than GMM can work very well. I box a 120 pally and a 120 rogue with a healer merc. and a DPS merc. and I do very well there.
  10. Qimble Augur

How many AAs/hour do you average there?
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Great question. I will typically grind for a couple of hours (with lesson at first) or a bit more there until boredom hits and make 100-125 aa's or so during that time. I like it because it is predictable and controllable. To be sure, there are other places that can yield more AA's for the same amount of time, but this one suits me. It also has places I can AFK within the rules for a bio break or to stretch my back.
    Stymie likes this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

This is at 120? Are you doing it solo/molo? I only ask because the last time I was there showing someone the zone, it took like 7 or 8 kills to get an AA on my 120 toons. Granted, I think there were 4 of us in the group, but I can't imagine solo being much better in that zone.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Both characters at 120. Pally/Rogue combo. Rogue merc. and a healer merc. I start off with Lesson and we take 3 at a time where possible. I have a good area (trade secret) where I can kill almost nonstop. And to be honest, I don't log things any more and the number of AA's I get is based totally on memory. It has worked to get a LOT of AA's for me.

Disclaimer: I don't claim that it isn't boring. It kind of is. If you go there and think after a bit that having your eyes gouged out with spoons would be more interesting, don't blame me.

Now back to farming tradeskill stuff so I can use up some ores.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

ToV is the place to go. GD caves are #1 spot imo. Specifically the final room, if you can handle it, as none of the stupid not-undead skeletal sprites spawn there.

If ToV is too hard, you can do Howling Stones or Sathir's tomb.

Solo vs Boxing bard is totally up to you. a melody bard will increase dps, but it wont double it overall.

Merc vs no merc is also up to you. I personally do not use a merc, but I only xp for 30min at a time. If I was doing multi hour grind sessions, I would use a cleric merc to be lazy.
    Szilent likes this.
  15. Broozer Augur

GD caves? Interesting. Is that the tizmak caves, or other caves?
  16. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

I believe that they are referring to the dwarf caves at the bottom SE part of the zone. If you go all the way down, you can have non-stop pulls for as long as you can stand it. During ToV, it was easily the best place to grind exp / AAs with a group, so solo / molo now it still might be ok.

Personally, I just pull the vampires and bats on the west side of Maiden's Eye when I grind AA. Might look at the shades in KV now if they are actually undead and can be hit with slay undead - either the Shei Vinitras issue or the regular zone.
  17. Laeadern Elder

GD Dwarf cave is a great place to grind for AA still.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Someone in another thread mentioned OMAD in GD this summer, and I've been doing it quite a bit. It's fast and easy, and has a very nice 23 AA completion reward. The task cooldown timer is only 30 minutes, so you could hit whatever area of GD you like while waiting for the timer to complete.
  19. The real Sandaormo Augur

Do progression when the expansion comes out, you will get AA fast. This also gets you other rewards, usually the best stat mount, sometimes an Aug or Trophy and a bag or 2 too.
  20. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

My suggestion after poking around a bunch, if you have a box group then do the following:

Rotate O.M.A.D with the one in EW: The Last of the Storm Boars.
    You can even do the Missions: Griklor the Restless and Seeking the Sorcerer since they're quick. You get a little less AA for the missions, but also get items to use as tribute fodder. I blow through these over and over on repeat and hand out task adds after raids when I need to recoup the AA from using glyphs.

If solo/molo, I'd probably stick to the undead Tizmaks or dwarves in Great Divide (just watch out of the tizmak auger) or the undead ghouls by the giant fort in Easter Wastes.