Grimtooth!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by adetia, May 21, 2018.

1. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

So I've been searching for this guy for a very long time (hundreds - if not thousands) of hours off and on over the course of over a year) for the Hunter of North Karana. I've tried trying to isolate models, and slaughtering those, I've tried just killing everything that wiggles, I've tried asking around - nobody really seems to know what's going on with this guy.

Anybody have any info to share on spawning this one?
  2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I suspect its on the same line with Regis the Reverant. However; I finally got it today, i suppose posting was all it took! ;)

Now on to Lieutenant Midraim....
    Prathun likes this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I was doing hunter on my wizard just slaughtering the zone and ran into this mob as I was just running around think I prob saw this mob twice. The hardest mob I had spawning was the tiny giant mob although its not small lol. grim prob only spawns at night time too as its a werewolf. of course will have to redo this hunter on my ranger soon.

Andarriel
  4. Mithra Augur

NK is one of the zones where mass slaughter is the best solution. If there is a method to spawning specific rares it's not known.
  5. Wengi Journeyman

I know this post is >2 years old but I ran into Grimtooth today and finished off the NK hunter (on riz but i'm sure lots of you live folk are maybe looking for this guy). I don't think he's on a similar timer to the other named in North Karana. The last mob I killed before hanging out at the gypsy camp was the griffenne, a bit less than 6 mins later Grimtooth spawned close to the gypsy camp and was promptly killed (on rizlona).

[Thu Sep 10 00:06:58 2020] A griffenne has been slain by Tigg!
    [Thu Sep 10 00:12:13 2020] Game Time: Monday, April 09, 3173 - 10 PM
    [Thu Sep 10 00:12:20 2020] You have slain Grimtooth!

I got the other named in zone multiple times during this round of increased named spawns over the last two days. Midraim spawned a few times, one time he spawned back to back within 30 second of killing the first one (ouch -800 faction w/ the bonus)

I know people have said Grimtooth has spawned during the day but I'm guessing there might be some sort of AC / Sro mechanic going on here. I hadn't touched a mob in zone for 6 mins before grimtooth appeared. The guards will kill griff's so maybe they're a PH but who knows.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

It took my ranger off and on 3 months to get this mob to spawn and it was way up north i basiccally slaughter the whole zone. i saw every hunter least five times minus tiny and the ww but on my wizard i ran into this mob 3 times and i just ran around with no track obviously just weird how the rng works. This mob on my ranger and goldentalon were the rarest for me to get so far. i saw swiftclaw at least 15 times lol poor mob.

Andarriel
    Wengi likes this.