Grimling Scout Quests

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tibber, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Tibber New Member

So have all of the scout quests gone away? I only see The Grimling War quest which was a revamped one later on. If so Beastlords are pretty much screwed on epic if they have a 12 day lockout on The Grimling War to get medal. Checking to see if I should even bother with epic. If the normal scout quests gone there is no reason to waste my time.
  2. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

I have done the BL Epic twice now-once on Saryrn, and once on Xegony. Both times I had to petition a gm, because the zone was borked. Both times, the gm ended up giving me the piece for that part.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The Grimling War alla entry is a combined writeup I made a few years back. The "scout quests" are basically subquests inside of it as part of the war itself. If someone has completed the war recently yes you are basically SOL as it takes a really long time for the zone to reset.
  4. Tibber New Member

Ah so those quests are subquests. That kind of sucks for beastlords. 12 day lockout and all.
  5. Notafel Journeyman

You can still get the copper medal off of the coin couriers that can spawn at any of the camps with bandits in them. The couriers are a semi-rare spawn, and the medal is a fairly rare drop, but it is doable. A single Beastlord should be able to keep a few camps down, with friends its not too hard to keep all 10 camps down.
  6. Garmr Augur

Worth doing the epic, if only to tick it off the list but it is a pita considering the respawn on the Scouts in general and the pain grimling was. Personally I waited a month or so before really digging into it to let the log jam of beastlords doing it get it done and avoid some frustration. IIRC SoNH Scout was the biggest pain for some reason.
  7. Zanarnar Augur

If you can, wait until right after a patch or server crash. That resets the war and is how I got mine done.
    Sheex likes this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

^
    This. How I got mine awhile back.

The good news is with recent game instability, the servers are coming down like biweekly, so shouldn’t have to wait too long :).
  9. TLP Addict Augur

Duoing the first 2 Grimling camps (southern most) got my copper medal from the 3rd courier kill, at level 32ish so was getting decent xp at same time.