Great idea to make the game more enjoyable!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Guzzle, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Guzzle Augur

I think reliable login servers would be a great start.

Thank you for reading!
    discordkitty likes this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Do you really want to waste dev time on this?
  3. doah Augur

They have floating castles to fix!
  4. Ronzark Augur

Haters gotta hate. They got nothing else.
  5. Guzzle Augur

Are you calling me a hater because I expect to be able to regularly access a service I pay for?
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

I think most people would agree your 15 a month provides you far more than it provides them.
  7. Febb Augur

The login servers usually act up during peak traffic hours. I rarely have had any issues with them. If I fail to log in, I try again and usually get in on the second try. It's very rare that it takes me more than 3 tries to get logged in.
  8. Redhead Journeyman

Ditto
    Except for patch days /snicker :p
  9. Guzzle Augur

Not sure why you are speaking out of your for other people, believe you are the arbiter of what I get out of my $15, or why you are so quick to assume I only pay $15 a month.

I expect a pretty trivial thing (logging in) to work. Not sure why that is asking for too much.

"You only pay $15 a month" (which I don't) is also a garbage argument in and of itself. I and my more than one active subscription are not the only ones impacted by login issues. The entire userbase, which in case you might not be sure how revenue works, pays their individual amounts (or doesn't it f2p, but this is a TLP which requires payment) to be able to access the game servers through their login servers. Every paying customer is affected by the inability for the login and/or authentication server(s) to function properly, thereby impacting their entire revenue stream.

Sure, it's usually a minor inconvenience and is resolved in the span of 15 minutes or less. However, there are times when it is not, and the relative unreliability of logging into a 19 year old game is an annoyance that shouldn't exist. Prior to my original post, I had been trying for about 25/30 minutes, as were a few other people I play with. I was certainly not the only one impacted by the disruption in service.

Any additional brilliant insights you wish to offer? I'd love to hear them.
  10. Machentoo Augur

Pretty sure there have been problems with the login server as long as there has been Everquest.

If after nearly 20 years of it, you aren't satisfied with the level of uptime you get for $15/month, I'd suggest taking your money elsewhere. It seems very unlikely that any significant improvements are going to be made at this date.
  11. Guzzle Augur

Cool. So I can't have issue with it?
  12. Machentoo Augur

You can have an issue with it all you want.

You are an idiot if you think it is going to actually change, or that posting on the forums about it is going to accomplish something.

No patcher in the history of mmorpgs has had 0% down time. EQ has been better than some and worse than others. If it is really a big deal to you, do something about it and take your money elsewhere.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

You must be the guy who sits down and watches a movie that costs 100 million bucks to produce in a theatre that cost half a million to build and then you complain the 9 dollar ticket was a ripoff.
  14. Guzzle Augur

Nope. I'm fine with paying more than that per ticket. However, if I go to watch my movie in said theater that I paid for and there is a 30 minute delay from the start time... I'm probably not going to be happy about it.

Do you believe that to be acceptable or do you have additional apples to oranges comparisons where you are attempting to skew perception of my arguments because you cannot come up with any additional logical arguments?
  15. Guzzle Augur

Oof, I must have really struck a cord there if you're resorting to name calling and pulling garbage out of your rear?

I'm not saying uptime should be 100%. Nowhere in any of my posts did I even remotely allude to that being my expectation. However, in comparison to most of the major MMO's I have played, Everquest has the most unreliable login servers bar none.
  16. RandomStrategy Augur

It ain't the ticket price....it's those damn concessions
    ...6 bucks for a snickers bar!? You sonofabeech!
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  17. Febb Augur

Ya I refuse to pay that much for something like that regardless if I have plenty of money so we usually just eat before we go to the theater. I usually just get a drink while I'm there and have the wife pack her purse full of the goodies.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You should remember that the price of a ticket goes to the producers/distributor of the movie and that the local theater makes its money from the concession stand. Sure they are expensive but if you want to see movies in a theater then someone needs to buy the concessions.
  19. Machentoo Augur

I agree. And it has been this way for nearly twenty years. And it has probably the smallest staff of any game you have played too. So it isn't going to change.
  20. Tiggold Augur

From my personal experience whenever you get to this point, the point of posting your frustrations about the game/gameplay/devs, it's a personal problem with you. 1. You either have very little or nothing at all going on besides EQ that you care to acknowledge. 2. EQ has become the most important thing to you for whatever reason.

If you can stop these two things from happening or continuing to happen you will survive this. I promise.