Grats RoI on Finishing EoK 1st

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fooba, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Pano Augur

I believe a mix of English and German would be better for those names...
  2. MrMajestykx Augur

heh first taste of first raid in T3 last night... its nothing like it was in beta....just saying.
  3. Seldom Augur

Maedhros, if that's the way you want to look at it, that's the way you're going to look at it. I for one find your movie example ridiculous. If you and Steven Spielberg both attended a pre-movie screening then gave your opinions on it.... The director would be bat crazy to not be all ears and take the critiques/opinions highly serious of the person who's been there and done it at highest level too many times to count. It's more so an advantage to the community and Developers to have a guild like RoI come in and beta test check for bugs, give opinions on difficulty etc. They have already proven they are #1 with or without betas. TINY tweeks like boosting how hard mobs hit, in addition to AEs and emotes, require you to completely change strat/positions, assignments. When Machin Shin beta'd PoWar, RoI was still the only guild to ever beat original version. The gap in skill between even the top guilds greatly varies when it comes to the serious content like end VoA, PoWar, T3 EoK. Beta not shaking up rankings on that stuff, maybe it would if whole expansion was Droga raid difficulty lol
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  4. TheMook New Member

This whole thread is curious. It reminds me of the ever-so-popular arguments between raiders and groupers, which ultimately leads no where.

Yes, there is an advantage to having a GM run you through a raid. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. The theme of a raid isn't going to change from beta to live (and hasn't, from what I can tell). Certainly things are going to be tuned up - stronger mobs, adds popping at different intervals, AEs, etc. But knowing the Queen is invulernable while the [omitted] or that [omitted] spawns every [omitted]% helps. Same with the [omitted] at the end! These GM beta raids give advantages, there's no doubt about it. Having someone tell you "I've changed <this> for your next attempt" lets you adapt immediately, whereas a guild that is grinding out wins the old fashioned way has to figure out what has changed and adapt. Adding in a [omitted] around the [omitted] in the Vault isn't going to change the order of the spawns, the order to kill them, what they do, or what to do with the [omitted] at the end. Going in with 90% knowledge on how the raid is supposed to run is an advantage.

Grinding through broken and changing raids lessens the amount of time guilds can put forth towards the higher tiered raids. There's no denying this.

Now the other side of the argument. There are guilds that are absolutely the top tier in terms of skill of the game. There are raids that they can simply just brute-force their way through mechanics because they're able to churn out the DPS required, the tanking required, and the healing required. ROI is one of these guilds.

8 pages in and no one has made a note about this thread in general. A member of ROI congratulating himself on beating the expansion before anyone else is the title. Inside is a jab to MS, a guild that from what I've heard has fallen from what they once were - no more open raids for the past year, loss of lots of their top players, and the loss of their guild leader, Stanza. Bravo, Foob, on continuing the reputation of ROI.
  5. Seldom Augur

TheMook, I fail to see how MS has fallen off. They are the #2 guild in game currently. When they were doing the stuff you stated, had different leadership, they were #2 guild in game. Had MS beta'd or not beta'd, they'd still be having issues with t3 EoK and be where they're at currently. Your examples have only solidified the opposite of what you were attempting to state. Yes, grats to Foob and other members of RoI for continuing it's reputation of #1 raid guild in game by large margin
  6. Sancus Augur

I think you could make a solid case for CT being #2 at this point given that they've beat two of the three T3 raids. Especially since MS started the expansion raiding lockouts.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Someone should make this known to Drinal's #1 pet class player, gen chat troll, and anti-CT crusader. Hehe!!!

Sind? Looking at you sir!
    Sindaiann and Sancus like this.
  8. Pano Augur

How can you beat 1 and 2 and not 3?
  9. Sindaiann Augur

Who is saying we did? And IF we did, maybe it was late and people needed sleep, but I ain't saying we did.
  10. Sancus Augur

Need to be sneakier tbh
  11. Pano Augur

Tss, casuals.
    IblisTheMage and Sancus like this.
  12. Sindaiann Augur

Also directed at Maedhros, this whole stance thing you have going on and incessant perceived crying you are doing about the benefits of beta, is utterly insanity (see what I did there).

For everyone crying about the advantages that beta gives to people, consider the following.

If beta was raided by RoI in the first week and they used all their beta raids early, I actually think and would argue that is a HUGE disadvantage. Why might you ask? Because things change drastically on beta raids from opening week to when beta ends. So in reality IF (and this is speculating that RoI did) that is the case, they actually never saw the raids in T3 closer to what they actually are now (even though last week of beta T3 vs live is still a massive difference).

Bottom line is just stop pointing fingers and making excuses about why they are what they are and concern yourself with making your guild better. It has a much better outcome (and yes we know about your server stability issues, I actually do feel bad for you on that).
    Sancus likes this.
  13. Sindaiann Augur

Cat? Bag?
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

That's TBM Sind, not EoK
  15. Forcallen Augur

This is all Sindaiann's fault!

A tiger can't change his strips. So despite us changing our schedule towards the end of progression, when we had some success and others struggled, it came with a cost of flagging and raid make up issues when it counted the most in T3.

I don't think anyone was walking into T3 with 39-42 and that aura and making much progress.
  16. Cleaver Augur

Not only were korsha raids drastically changed after beta ended you did not have the aura in beta. I see little advantage in dev raids. We beat every raid in beta without a dev and most of them were changed so much during and after beta most of the info became irrelevant. What people don't understand is the last week of beta major spell changes were made to almost all raids increasing damage to everything and changing how dozens of them worked.

The best way to raid in beta is no dev. Learn everything on your own because that is what you will be doing when they go live. Very little you learn from the dev will remain the same by the time its released.

If your guild struggles on Vault. Good luck in Kor-Sha its an entirely different beast.
    MrMajestykx and Sindaiann like this.
  17. Slippry Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ag-vs-currency-in-eok-t1-chests.236755/page-2

The keying for EOK was complete BS. Requiring 6 clears with no misses during holiday season, with no easy entry raid to make up keys is beyond awful. And of course, they didn't care.

Expansions should either be released with intent to be completed before the 2nd week of nov, or released after the first week of Jan.
  18. Forcallen Augur

I don't see it as complete BS.

Guilds like RoI, MS and any others I might have missed typically raid exactly on lock outs and for the most part raid with the same core 54. They are rewarded for that effort/attendance by winning the race earlier than others. It's not BS that they put in that time and effort.

The rest of us who don't typically do that are going to take longer to get up to speed. That is the trade off for not raiding on lock outs (we wait until the night it comes up or when it falls on the next scheduled raid night) or because we have to flag 60+ to field a full raid because we end up having lots of partial flagging at first due to RL schedules not matching up with raid nights or raid times. You can still make it a race within the confines of what your limitations are compared to other guilds that are similar.

RoI is clearly #1 but not because of some magical single factor like some imply. Like they have a beta advantage, or they play 200% better than everyone else at all times, or because of just raiding lockouts. They do everything that matters as well as or better than other guilds and the cumulative effect of all that is a big lead on everyone else. No one else is gonna say it but guilds 2-7 are all pretty much the same regardless of time stamps. With the small differences in all those factors between them impacting their seeding in the "race". Be it raiding on lockouts, flagging for raids, performance, execution, attendance, beta play, guild make up, or whatever.
    Sancus and Tour like this.
  19. Haste Lorekeeper

Grats RoI on another 1st place finish!
  20. Cicelee Augur

ROI is the best because 32 of their members are current EQ developers, 14 of their members are current WOW developers, 5 of their members are current Pantheon developers, and their remaining three are magicians that chain cast mod rods throughout events.

No other guild can boast those numbers.
    Slippry and Sancus like this.