Grats RoI on Finishing EoK 1st

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fooba, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Sarcogian Augur

Hi friend. Grats on 2hb, I still have all tbm gear. I think. I haven't logged into live since beta was still a thing. Retirement means I quit on top.
  2. Sarcogian Augur

I know drogbaa wouldn't give me strats before I retired, but I know plenty of others that did =) /tinfoil hat on. Spies. Everywhere are spies.
    Xeladom likes this.
  3. Teferi_Zebuxoruk Master

I would like to think we won because of the stellar enchanter team. /duck

Good luck to everyone, those events are rough.
    Kaponen, Sarcogian, Snowman and 4 others like this.
  4. Pano Augur

Sarcogian and Bengalee like this.
  5. Bengalee New Member

Sarcogian likes this.
  6. Rafather Augur

I apologize to Drog for calling him. After talking with him, I believe I was wrong.
    Ya really should do stuff on your own, or else ya look like just another FV RoI alt guild while trying to talk smack.
    Sarcogian likes this.
  7. Repthor Augur

i like bunnys
  8. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

9. Aldryn Another New Member

ROI took second tonight again, third is up for grabs.
  10. Snowman Augur

We do have the best Chanter Team !
    Slippry and Teferi_Zebuxoruk like this.
  11. Corlen-Xeg Elder

It's all in the Shamans. Grats guys!
  12. Kaponen Lorekeeper

u got Teferi so u might!

Kontra <TR>
  13. Ssixa Augur

But only til Sunday.
  14. Klaian-Xegony Lorekeeper

Corlen, come back we miss you!
    Teferi_Zebuxoruk and Slippry like this.
  15. Bard_Bard Journeyman

I'm still waiting for ROI to create an alt guild on Xegony caled Relm Of Second and Relm of Third so they can take the top 3 spots come next expansion and post the wins to the guild progress site. This way they can lay claim to being the top 3 server wide and push MS to 4th on there server....
  16. Bahdah Augur

Cold.
  17. Marike Elder

I am up for this.
  18. Nudia Augur

I've successfully died to each mob type in Kor-Sha 1, so that's cool.

Anyone that tries to belittle the achievement or call it just a lockout race, beta advantage, or otherwise has absolutely no clue what is happening in this instance.

Hurts, yo. Grats again to RoI.
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

I watch EQ videos to a) to learn b) to do EQ when I can't do EQ

On a different note:

I am not sure I follow the point of view saying that having a special relation with Daybreak gives an unfair advantage. If having such a relationship with Daybreak gives such an advantage (I have no idea if it does), then such a relation is an achievement of itself. Building an organization of volunteers that can consistently be number one (or top five, for the other guilds invited to Beta-test raids), and to build so much trust that the organization is invited into the business model of a for-profit company, is an incredible achievement. Incredible. The amount of social capital that holds those organizations together, and the trust-based relations to Daybreak, it is... well, incredible.

I also think that we have to take the top guilds word for it, when they evaluate the amount of advantage they gain or do not gain from Beta-testing/Beta-tuning. Beta-tuning-advantage is way to complex to be discerned objectively. Such advantage, or the lack thereof, will never be agreed upon between guilds that have different status with regards to invites to Beta-tuning, and as a fourth party observer, I must say that I am obliged to take the insiders word for it, but also say that it really doesn't matter to me. If Beta-tuning invitees have one narrative, and beta-tuning non-invitees have a different narrative, then it is probably a part of the social capital fabric of the organizations, and thus needed for their continued coherence, respectively. Their mutual external disagreements increase their internal coherence, and that helps me, in that a lot of people are actively contributing to the cultural dynamics that keeps this game running.

You have been metaed. (by a grouper)

Muahahahaha
  20. Maedhros High King

Ibliz, imagine you were invited to a movie pre-screening, before it was ever made available to the public and before the final edits were made. You watch the entire thing and form your opinions on it, see how the plot unfolds and get the gist of the story.
    Several months later it is fully released to the public at large and you watch it again. There are a few changes that might be surprising, but at the end, do you feel like you are watching the same movie with a few twists or does it feel like a brand new movie that you had never seen anything like it ever before as some of the "beta-tuning invitees" would like to suggest?

I know beating the first 3 events in EOK in BETA allowed me to develop strategies that I used when the events went live and allowed my guild to achieve excellent results. I know for absolute fact that I wouldnt have beaten Droga with 35 people after midnight on our first try live if I hadnt already beaten it 18 times in beta and developed a good strat.

People are saying "well its different in T3, its like completely different raids compared to BETA" to which my very obvious response is that "yea well the devs arent giving you free flags for Essence of the dragon II anymore".
    Is the event the same in nearly every single other way? If yes then there was still a ton of advantage gained by doing it in beta.
    If you know where to tank, how many mobs to tank, what time or percentage of the fight adds will spawn, the wording for emotes, and several other details in BETA before it ever goes live, then you have gained advantage. No way around that.