Grats CT on finishing EoK 2nd

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gumby, Jan 13, 2017.

1. valiantSeven Elder

The more and more you run your mouth and embarrass both yourself and the guild that you speak for, the easier it becomes to believe all the ex-ROTE that speak ill of your name and the off-the-wall, bat**** crazy things that fill your head (that also unfortunately make it far enough to come out of your mouth).

What is it you need to hear to stop this nonsense? You're the best because you didn't "BETA?" You're the best because you started your own guild instead of joining another (which somehow waters down all their progress compared to yours)? Tell yourself what it is you need in order to sleep at night.

It's pointless to argue with an idiot, but while you're rushing to flaunt the size of your delusional ego, the rest of us are thinking you're nothing but an embarrassment as a leader and you're lucky the members you still do have put up with your crap long enough to make progress on events. No doubt you'll continue to reply because you have something to prove and are insecure as ****, there's nothing we can do about that, but it gets harder and harder not to vomit each time your name pops up on a thread post.
    Slippry, Sancus and Reht like this.
  2. Maedhros High King

Its true, you cant argue with an idiot, but I will try.
    Here you are talking like you have any clue about the quality of my leadership based solely on my responses to threads that are on these forums.
    You sure run your own mouth alot without so much as giving the courtesy of saying who the heck you are.
    I dont hide behind an anonymous forum name.
    I am highly opinionated it is true and I take issue with alot of the elitist attitudes displayed by the "top" guilds in this game.

Should I not have anything to say and be a little wallflower when a member in ROI laughs at the efforts of all the "lesser" guilds beneath him? Or when a member in ROI accuses his own guild mate of sharing strats with mine?

You can make all the assumptions you like about me, but one thing I will never be is a pushover.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

4. valiantSeven Elder

You hate the "elitism" shown by other guilds, yet here you are trying to flaunt your stuff like you're some hot shot with a holier-than-thou complex in nearly every single post you've made pertaining to raiding. My idea of your leadership skills was only reinforced by the crap you spew here, not developed from it.

You've proven exactly what I said, though, you'll continue to respond and really "put us all in our place" like the big, strong man that you are whom is certainly not a pushover. I've certainly learned my lesson!I hope you get whatever rise it is you need to feel from bossing people around, starting arguments, and making the rest of the people you represent look like fools. If that's how you define a leader, you're doing a fantastic job.

Not even worth the keystrokes anymore. I just hope someone gives you the same taste of your own medicine when ROTE crosses the same finish line.
  5. Vdidar Augur

I think we need a ruler so we can measure epeen in this thread.
  6. Repthor Augur

7. Eanelder Augur

Some of us may require a wider ruler ...

(Yes, it YUUGGGEEE!)
  8. Sindaiann Augur

Oh Maedhros, you sure are delusional.

You have not a clue what you are talking about. The same slipping of Triton you speak of, we had the same flagging issues over the holidays or T3 would of been cleared on Jan6th (broke in on the 4th, using similar time frame for t3 as we completed it). Instead we had to wait a full lockout cycle to flag a full raid for T3 which effectively cost us 4.5days. Which this was 100% our fault. You don't hear us crying about it.

Prior to this, the patch occurred and changed T2 Vault and no longer allowed kiting or pulling the mobs into the side rooms to avoid the skelly, which occurred on a Wednesday, this became a road block for many. Our lockout was up that Thursday and we rolled in there, had a slip up or two and adjusted and rocked it out that night. Meanwhile other guilds took 4-5 days to re-adjust and get another Vault clear under their belt and continue to take 4-5hrs on Queen and Vault to this day.

So I am confused.....You can sit here and point fingers and make excuses all you want, but we endured similar things the other guilds did and we persevered.

Explain to me again how we are lucky?

*PS - No shade is being thrown at anyone except Maedhros. Just for the record*
  9. Nudia Augur

I thought the slipped comment was pretty funny, too. Pretty sure both guilds beat event 1 the first time they had a full raid in there.

Which other guilds' thread and/or achievement will he try to up next? Will it be a standard ignorance of what's going on behind the doors in other guilds or something new? Stay tuned!
    Sindaiann likes this.
  10. Maedhros High King

So youre responding to what I said, but criticizing me for responding in the first place? Got it.
    You never told me your name and continue to cower in anonymity.

Sindaiann - looking at the last few expansions, CT has been edging closer and closer to ROI for a while now. If you use the date that ROI beat the expansion as the standard and then see how many days it takes you to beat it, you guys have shown really great strides. That to me is what matters. Not what number you place, which depends so much upon the efforts of other guilds that you cannot control.
    It just seems pretty obvious that if MS had finished where everyone expected them to, that you guys couldnt have come in second. That is not really intended as a slight, its just trying to put things in better perspective. I suppose what ifs and could have beens dont matter though and so I apologize for starting any drama with CT.

Nudia, youre reaching awfully hard to feel insulted. Triton slid but still put a great showing, why get offended?
  11. Biltene Kingslayer

Very true.

I think the most ironic thing about these threads is the fact that you keep telling everyone how much of a huge advantage beta is, and how many times you did the Lceanium raid in said beta, and yet the one very real opportunity you had at beating us on an event since you founded your personal ego task force, you wiped, giving us the chance to retain the server lead.
    Utaerx, Sancus, Reht and 1 other person like this.
  12. Forcallen Augur

I'll say it again for you there is RoI and then there is everyone else. Guilds 2-7 are basically all the same, who do some or many of the things just as well as RoI but that don't do everything in total as well as RoI. Those who raid lockouts typically place better because content isn't hard enough to slow them down even with a hiccup here or there. That kinda changed this time with the mid race T2 nerfs that cost some guilds a ton of time and with T3 being what it is with that aura, some content was a lot harder than has been the case even if its artificial by sudden nerfs or aura. That being said this isn't the first time CT has finished 2nd in an expansion so the guild as a whole has been extremely competitive for over a decade despite not typically raiding lockouts so luck is not the reason.

As to beta we didn't have our first beta raid until 20 days into beta. So dev gifted flags didn't give us an edge over anyone. We spent that 20 days fully flagging for T2 and getting about 1/3rd of the way to T3 without zero dev help. You were free to do that same. If out first dev raid didn't come up when it did we would have flagged for T3 without any dev help, again you had the same option to do so.

Regardless the raids on beta and live are completely different animals and no its not just pure boost. Stuff that could be ignored the entire time on beta suddenly became the most important aspect to work around before you then developed a new or drastically overhauled plan in order to move forward.
    Kravn, Sindaiann and Reht like this.
  13. Sindaiann Augur

As far as MS goes I will not discuss things I am not privy to, but one thing I can tell you is look at T2 completion. Was only a 3.5hr gap on that. Doesn't take rocket science to figure out there is not much room for error there.

Best thing I can tell you bud, is stop worrying about what others are doing, making excuses or the like. Identify your own short comings and work on correcting them.

Trust me it goes a lot further then constantly seeming as if you are making excuses about why others are where they are.
    Reht and Sancus like this.
  14. Vex440 New Member

Grats CT, and to the rest of you...

[IMG]
    Sindaiann likes this.
  15. Bahdah Augur

Dev-Illa, please lock this thread.
    Perplexed and Slippry like this.
  16. MrMajestykx Augur

so tell me where how , in your fairy tale of oral diarrhea you have Maehdros, where Triton has slipped? last I checked we finished oh I dont know, 3rd server wide, how you doing? oh wait thats right not quite got a T3 event down yet do you? Please point out your facts.....regale me with your tales of how Triton slid considering we have been top 5 or better the last 4 expansions, TBM was number 3 so where did we slide?? I mean please enlighten me. Maybe I slept walked during TBM and imagined our 3 finish serverwide and finishing 3rd this expansion means we slid..... oh wait no we didnt 3 = 3 last i checked. I know math is hard right??
    Reht likes this.
  17. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

18. Bahdah Augur

Can we /pause this? raidtime soon...
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  19. Cleaver Augur

Get your tier 3 wins in now before the nerf bat takes a nice big swing at Aura of Kor-sha and you forever have an * next to your 1st win :)
  20. Reht The Dude abides...

why pause it? it's farm time.....for some guilds!