Graphics won't run game/ridiculous

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mojorisin, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Mojorisin New Member

Why in god's name does this game that I love that I'm paying money for not accept a graphics card (radeon 7700). I have tried so many rinky dink solutions to a problem that should not be a problem. Why do I have to do these backdoor things to get a legit game to work? Why won't it just work?

I cannot download a past driver upgrade since the card is new for my computer
    I have downloaded an old version of direct x to play this game I'm paying for

If I disable the card, it will run incredibly sluggishly. It worked after disabling the graphics card and then restarting but that, as if the game is omniscient, doesn't work now.

I love this game, I'm the one who got my friends back into it after hearing about the new server. I just want to play it with my friends. Thinking of going and buying a 100 dollar laptop that probably wouldn't have any issues.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

EQ runs fine on an old radeon HD 5700 running the newest drivers. the only directx(the newest 9.0c I think) I had to install was the one, the EQ-installation told me to.
    Do you get any error message? and what OS are you running? does other games work?
  3. Mojorisin New Member

"Your graphics card is not capable enough for this game (IDS_VIDEO: VendorID=0x1002, DeviceID=0x683D)"
    I run windows 10

I can run Skyrim, Smite, Baldurs gate, The Witcher.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Probably a stupid question: but I can see you had this problem before.
    Have you tried the other directx 9.0c links in that thread?

I get the impression that it fixed it last time, have you changed something since then?
  5. elumxe Elder

This could be the dreaded Microsoft app comparability "feature" rearing its ugly head.

Open regedit and make sure the following 2 keys don't have any eqgame.exe values in them:

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
    "C:\\Users\\Public\\Daybreak Game Company\\Installed Games\\EverQuest\\eqgame.exe"
    And
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
    "C:\\Users\\Public\\Daybreak Game Company\\Installed Games\\EverQuest\\eqgame.exe"
    If you do, delete the keys. Problem fixed.
  6. Sarkaukar Augur

In a few other games I play others have also been getting this type of error in the last few weeks with some older GPU cards both Nvidia and AMD after a recent Windows 10 update.

And by default, Windows 10 updates drivers unless the user disables it. Check each time after a major windows update. I ran into an issue where Windows was updating my GPU driver but something was causing crashes. Checked driver versions, knew I had not updated to that version, etc, etc. Windows driver driver update off, uninstall, clean install with the version I was happy with and no more crashes.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10
  7. SnappyTune102 New Member

I have the exact same problem. It has something to do with a DirectX version. One file keeps buggering it up. I also have a Radeon card, an R2 900. I run the EQ_Setup.exe and it temporarily fixes it everytime I want to log in. But I need to do this EVERYTIME I want to log in, on every account. It resets whatever is broken after I log into a single account.