Graphics Performance Issues?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Grumpie, Oct 22, 2012.

1. WarSheol Augur

Well sorta but not really what they did was make a work around so 64bit OS's with the right set up might be able to use 3gb?, please correct me if you can find the old post. EQ and EQ2 both duffer the 32bit game engine problem basicaly which can cause crashing when zoning into these new big zones that just to much data to the memory when it reaches 2gb or what not based on the above the client simply crashes, the advice given during Q&A panel last week was before a raid or before zoning into these places camp all the way out then back in so you have the most ammount available upon zoning in.
    thats until some one can find a solution.

About that Windows XP comment I was just mirroring what the Dev said last week was either Jchan or Chardrok one of the two said that I didnt just make it up hehe :cool:

am just trying to be helpfull by stating what I believe to be facts in an attempt to help, dont shoot the messenger, atleast not in the face.
  2. Toquillaw Augur

You didn't mention any sources. You were speaking as from personal knowledge.

Anyway why not also then mention the posts by other dev's who say that their system works fine with Win7?

Problem is that there are all sorts of systems out there. We have 6 computers here that run EQ across a fairly wide range of hardware configurations, but all run Win7 and none have issues.
  3. Tobynn Augur

Recent enhancements allowed for 64-bit systems to utilize up to 4gb(?). 32-bit systems are still limited to 2Bb.
  4. WarSheol Augur

If you missed it I did name sources.

And I quoted them as saying "works best with" I in no way was being misleading, and this is not my opinion or some thing I saw on the internet, its what was said to the community.
  5. Toquillaw Augur

Please, let's be honest here. You didn't name sources, and you didn't say "works best with". That's what you added later.

It's not a big deal, just pointing out that Win7 works just fine for many people and for us, without any doubt, it consistently works better than XP did.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Hahaha... this is so true!
  7. Sarkaukar Augur

A few things to try.
    Turn off Dynamic lighting. In game, chat line /dynamic off

Another is to turn off Advanced lighting (dont have game open atm) in the Alt O, Display tab, advanced button.
  8. WarSheol Augur

Umm yeah sure thats why all those posts show they have been edited, btw they dont show that, that was sarcasm I didnt need to edit them :cool:
  9. WarSheol Augur

ive seen this issue braught up a lot, I passed the information on to the people who can do some thing about it, thats all I can say.

but atleast to get to GH have you tried Secondary anchor? I know leaving GH is still an issue unless you take the teleporter out.
  10. Leatherneck Lorekeeper

No. I haven't. I just avoid the GH as much as possible. Now that I'm on FV, though, the irritation is lessened as there are fewer people hanging out in the GL.
  11. Hahlfwit Augur

/hideall pc :)
    It doesn't work(likely because no such feature or command), but it doesn't stop me from typing it from time to time.
  12. WarSheol Augur

I know turning off 4 SoL models should help greatly to, not sure why its 4 but they said 4