Graphic lag/fps

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Brock Landers, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Brock Landers Journeyman

Ok so yea, the game is not optimized for new hardware, been around long enough to know.

But returning after about a 2 year break. Ruins of Kunark was the last exp I played.

I can basically no longer play now due to FPS issues. Running around PoK, smooth as silk FPS 60+ no prob. 1 mob on screen and i dont even get 1 frame per second refresh. Play an SK, swarmed hundreds of mobs, now it's legitimately not even a functioning game.

Yes, all cpu affinity set to -1. Drivers updated. Have the correct dx9 set. max background fps to unlimited. Have literally every single graphic/display option to lowest possible setting but soon as a single NPC shows up on screen the game just basically stops.

gtx 1060 6gb card. 16gb ram. i5-8400 2.8ghz cpu. running off SSD.

what am I missing? been through 2 pages of google links to video setting help and cheats.
  2. qweasy Augur

Try turning off logging.
  3. Sarkaukar Augur

1. System, Power Options, set to High Performance. Anything else ya run into core parking and cpu being throttled
    2. Nvidia, Power Management mode, change from adaptable to Max Performance - this ensures that Nvidia card is utilized all the time

Big one though based on this, when you face a mob is your harddrive light going wacko?
    Alt J, turn off journal. Log, CJ_toon name_servername.txt itself should be located in userdata folder... was the original Task Manager. It records EVERY NPC emote/saying, from mobs to quest givers and other NPCS. Raid pullers would find out the hard way but it would affect everyone with it active to a degree.

I do not know how old your account is but afaik newer created accounts have it off by default, iirc but for older accounts it was on by default and the player would need to disable it. Reinstalling EQ, etc would not change the setting, it would only delete the log file itself which would then to be filled back up.

Also have your antivirus ignore the EQ folders, especially if you are logging then rotate those logs.

And too many Audio Triggers will also have a negative effect.
  4. Teylana Elder

/showgrass off
    Turn off shadows
    Dial back what you can. Too much of this game you'd think would be processed by your gpu is actually being processed by your cpu.