Gorukar mesa

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Clampin, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Clampin New Member

hello all.
    I am playing on xegony and can't do quest because of peopple 120 killing everything in this zone?
    Is there any reason for that ?
    I can't really pass the zone because i am trying to do the hero quest and get some stuff but well, the npc quest giver and all other are permanently killed.

This suck ...
  2. Knifen Augur

That zone is great for some slayer ach, sadly they will probably be slaughtering for a while.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Zone disruption is a reportable offense. quest NPC =/= quest target mobs. actual target mobs are always FFA (Free for all)

I logged in to a character on Xegony and was surprised at <who> the 120's were as they're mostly from the largest oldest raidguild there. I would venture a guess they're doing slayer /ach. Personally, I would approach a guild officer of the guild. 14x level 120 slamming the heros journey uproute seems pretty disruptive. I agree, it's pretty cheesy, especially on the main uproute in the game.
    Rijacki and Pelrond like this.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

A little further investigating, the people at that guild say their behavior is a direct response to upcoming Banestrike changes. they are reacting to test server info.

It is still disrupting players trying to do quests and has been for days now and it's literally THE suggested game uproute.
    Bistro likes this.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I would suggest using /tar playername and watch targets and if they're the ones killing what you need, /tell soandso. All they care about is the kill count. Ask for an invite. the 4 players I spoke to all replied, so not afk or anything. they have zero interest in blocking progression for anyone.
    Bistro likes this.
  6. uberkingkong Augur

EQ think tankers never fail at disrupting the newplayers/returners scene.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

for more information on the changes, follow the link in this thread

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...3-07-2023-patch-notes-and-discussions.289290/

edit!

Long story short:

Many banestrike proc checks, especially on raids = lag.

They will be removing the proc checks and making banestrike instead add a base damage mod to you SPELLS and MELEE base damage people are incresing killcounts for more power.
    Tthe new system is better, the old damage was relativelty insignificant. now that it's worth having, everyone has to have it, it is the new meta, the new normal.

The glut is only temporary as people retool.
    Bistro likes this.
  8. Clampin New Member

thank you joules for your time and your investigation.
    I was surprised too by the big number of very high level players and i will wait and will work on hero journey later.
    I have no doubt they are doing something for some reason that i dont understand as i am low level.
    Good luck to them anyhow :)
    Than you again
    Bistro likes this.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

the number of 120's in the zone stood out for sure. You can do your TSS quests, just if anyone is slamming what you need /tell them. They will help.
    Bistro likes this.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

also- at 100 kills of any mob type, you gan an Alternate Advancent ability (passive) called Banestrike that strikes out at random via timered random intervals as basically a weapon proc. This used to even be a triggerd, not passive effect once upon a time, so was structured to <need> a trigger, which was, at the time Banestrike was introduced, was a clicked button you made a hotkey of and typically, was used to end the last HP of a mob, especially fleeing morale failed mobs. More recently it was made into a passive AA so it just happened randomly, with prescribed minimum and maximum timers on random interval checks (aka dice rolls per minute) At higher number off kills, the Banestrike gains power.

Players are just after 5,000 kills of mob type ____________ and loot or experience are of zero concern to that task.

The dexterity skill drives proc percentile. At raid level, people have insaaaaane dexterity and heroic dexterity limits, so beaucoup proc checks <per second> of a given raid = needless lag and computation/ processor time.

On the test server, the change is being tested that- New Banestrike values are simple percentage add to your base damage, like that of a weapon's damage aug, or a spell damage percentile focus effect to remove the need for ongoing real time calculations for as many as 54 players in a raid.

The old damage values were >meh< kinda so it wasn't a priority to players.

Now we're talking BASE damage though, the holy grail of DPS

Look to see who's doing it to see how much it now matters.

Join their groups and get the killcounts too, and your questage done. (and get raiders buffs while your at it!)
    Bistro likes this.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They likely are not paying attention or have the names of the mobs turned off. It has been years since quest giver mobs have been killable. They probably forgot or didn't realize that these were killable. Thankfully, most of the ones that are limited to low to mid level zones are like 100-250. The 1000+ ones tend to be numerous types of mobs and honestly have more populated zones to farm them at in the 70-100 zones.

Also, the AA that they are doing the Slayer achievements for is available for everyone regardless of level. Complete any one of the achievements under the Progressive list and you will get the first rank of Banestrike (2% increase in melee, spells, healing), completing the entirety of the different options will grant upgrades to 4%, 7%, and 10%.