Goodbye Classic Everquest

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Banuvan Augur

You gotta play a long. Frenzic is looking for attentions because well....he has to have it. Just give him his few pages and maybe we won't hear from him again for another month.
    Meatball and lockjaws like this.
  2. Pellucid New Member

it does i was hoping for some good flaming, but i guess its time to sleep... :)
  3. Frenzic Augur

I went back and forth. My alts are decked out in cheap caster gear like loam bam ect and 10 slot bags.

I obviously spend plat to buy krono to power the machine. My accounts started at 6. I had no intention of boxing so many until I saw the effect krono had on the server. If I could keep my farm up, I could box indefinitely for free. So before the first month was over I was at 18. Jumped to 24 in month two then finally 40. My pc runs at about 50% capacity so I guess my limit is 80. We'll see lol.

Anyway yea, bought tons of krono :)
  4. AlmarsGuides Augur

can you post or PM me your computer specs?

Biggest boxer on Ragefire I know can squeeze in like 40 chars and has an amazing computer
  5. Frenzic Augur

Yes I will tell you my secret, just don't go writing guides about it. I'd prefer it if there wasn't a bunch of 80 boxers running around :)
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

I 24 box right now, if I wanted to write guides about boxing trust me I would. =P
  7. Mayfaire Augur

People are probably holding back, because they plan on asking him for a loaner. lol :D
    Frenzic likes this.
  8. lockjaws Augur

I just wanted to know where all of his 3rd party application windows are at. ;)
    Meatball and Elricvonclief like this.
  9. Frenzic Augur

I had someone PM me asking how it was possible to 40 box. They didn't believe that I could load 40 instances of EQ on one computer. They doubt my computer genius and my sexiness.

I shall provide proof right now.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Also for those wondering, yes that is what my Ixboxer setup looks like. That is my complete desktop view. Clicking on the little windows swaps them into the foreground where the much bigger window is. Boxing really is not hard :)
  10. Darth Augur

For those wondering.

[Defaults]
    StickFigures=1
  11. Lejaun Augur

Yes, it is. That's the story most boxers on these forums tell us. They box because of the challenge. Therefore, boxing must be hard.
  12. Lifetap Augur

I'd be rich too if i didn't grind tinkering :(
    Protocol likes this.
  13. Vaclav Augur

Interesting - when it was first "forceable" it was only by file swaps - neat that they put it back as a UI setting. (Or that it was discovered perhaps - maybe it wasn't changed but the first force was a kludge)
  14. Risiko Augur

Ok so here's the real question. How much did you make this time in RMT? It's comical that anybody believes that you mass [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] gamers do it for "the fun." It's a business. You do it for a living by holding down camps 24 hours a day running scripts, and you sell your in game crap for real world money. You people make thousands upon thousands selling your wares. 10 million play... Big woop. More like 100,000 dollars off of having your computer run scripts non stop. And, there's truly only one reason any company like DBG would not put a stop to the BOTTING; they're getting paid.

So, what was your total on this server Frenzic? $50,000 $100,000 more? What was DBG's cut?
    Meatball, lockjaws and Simone like this.
  15. Protocol Dragon Defender

40 accounts, one chat window.

Props on the stick figures Frenzic, that takes me back to the real socking days.
  16. tofu stir fry Augur

wow this guys not only wearing a tin foil hat but im guessing hes using ambient noise makers in the house to jam alien frequencies as well
  17. Batbener Augur

First and foremost, if he wants to play 40 accounts, why would you care? I played on the server with the guy for 2 months, and he never "took" anything from me. If that's how he enjoys the game, cool. I personally would rather mow the lawn than write scripts. There are people that are capable of playing 40 accounts at once. I doubt he is one of them, because last I checked they were making millions playing Starcraft. Even if he is, that would require total concentration for hours at a time. Not something I would spend my free time on. If he is willing to do either, good for him. Let him enjoy the fruits of his labor, because it is labor at that point, at least to me. If he is getting paid real money, well hell that's even better. If some sucker is willing to drop 100 bucks on some pixels that will be worthless in 3 months, why wouldn't he take their money? And the bonechip thing? That was just brilliant.

I play an MMORPG to immerse myself in a fantasy world. I like the lottery aspect of old EQ, where you can put in the time and not get the drop you want, or you can be cruising along and get a nice piece of gear totally unexpected. It's a form of gambling to me. He plays to acquire as much wealth and levels as quickly as possible. There is nothing wrong with that. Sure, some box armies lock down a camp for days or weeks at a time, and do dirty things to get and keep that camp. As best I can tell he isn't one of them. Also, there isn't one piece of gear in classic that is game changing, so it really doesn't matter if he did. The only thing you "need" in this game is the rez stick, at least that I have seen.

So in summary, if you have 40 accounts, you might have too much free time. If you hate Frenzic because he has 40 accounts and a million plat, you definitely have too much free time. And no, I wont miss classic when it's gone in 3 months on Lockjaw. I will be so sick of it at that point, it will be at least a few years before I want to play classic EQ again. I didn't leave Ragefire because of Frenzic and the like, I left because of all the wanna bes that weren't willing to put in the time or effort but wanted the same loot. Then I get to lockjaw and discover they are even worse. Oh well, lucky for me I play the game for fun, and to not show off what I can or can't do. If you are playing to show off, then Frenzic is a good role model. He is one of the tops at it, and doesn't get busted for cheating and generally doesn't get flamed for training or KSing, like some of the other "top" players.
  18. Risiko Augur

^^^^^^

I'm sure out of 40 accounts, he can have plenty of moles here to bash and insult anybody that disagrees with him....
    lockjaws likes this.
  19. taliefer Augur

its not really hard or stressful to play 40 at once with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], which despite being censored on the forum, is 100% legal.

its the set up thats time consuming, but once its set up, you can control however many characters with single keystrokes, like you are playing one. especially easy if you do all the same class, like mages.

i dont think it should be allowed, but daybreak disagrees. no point persecuting players that do it.

the other program is a different story, but i personally dont see a whole lot of difference between scripting chars, or [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] if you are at the keyboard
    lockjaws and Simone like this.
  20. Numiko Augur

Interesting, so Dev's could slow down, or at least make it more costly to mega box's by removing just one line of code.
    Simone likes this.