Good stats for 110 SK

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Micker, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Micker Augur

My SK is 110 and has full RoS Scaleborn for visibles, 480AC raid shield from RoS with a 53 ac aug in it, few more raid pieces and the rest T2/T3 TBL secret dawn etc.. All very good Type 5 hdex and some stam augs in every spot. 45+ ac augs in everything(some 65). My self buffed hps, just my buffs with defiant stance, is 235k and AC is 6455/2795. Now I do need a few more AAs for CA and Armor of wisdom etc, so that number will go up a little bit, but.... I just saw a post( https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tbl-group-paladin-goals-help.254074/ ) where a 110 pally claimed he has 300k/7k self buffed stats, in T3 group gear!!???? 65k more hps and 600 ac more than me? How is that possible. I could see if they were TBL raid geared, but I have to have stats as good or better than whats possible with just group gear?

So am I missing something here or is that claim BS, because I don't see how I could gain more than a few more K hps or much more AC without TBL raid gear. Just thought I was doing good lol.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Easy RoS gear vs over inflated TBL gear.
  3. Brohg Augur

Paladin self buff includes Ashbound Keeper (Assurance, functionally), Armor of Steadfast Faith, and Preservation of Rodcet. Y'all share Defiant Stance, and you probably clicked your Unity AA, but did you add in Torrent recourse, and Gift of Hemofax and Refute recourse?
    Drogba likes this.
  4. Micker Augur

My only RoS gear is Raid gear and it's better than the TBL group gear. Unbuffed, Im at like 209k hps and 6330/2700 AC. Like I mentioned, I still have some CA/CS/hp AA to go, also. Is that decent for 110 sk? What is a decent tank for ac/hps at 110 unbuffed?
  5. Brohg Augur

If you can get more stats, fersure do that. If you can't, then you're probably well set up! You've mentioned some real basic core AAs, but that kinda implies you're also missing Heroic AAs? Those help too. 45ac augs can probably all be 55 & 65 & 75 & 80ac augs now, there's a bit more numbers if you feel like you need em. Trophying up, that's a thing. Getting the latest mount buff and the Jann illusion & Ganak familiar? all more numbers, all more work. If you wannem, go gettem! :)
  6. Micker Augur

I have zero heroic aas, but would they give me 60k hps more, because that's what I seem to be missing somehow. I just started playing EQ again, I started in 1999 and it still draws me back lol. I play on FV, so getting the best equip and augs is possible, without investing way more time than 2 of me would have. I wouldn't even play if it was on a normal server.

Anyways, I have 6k+ hp items in every slot. To get to over 300k self buffed, I would need to add like 3k hps to every slot lol, that's impossible without TBL end game raid gear. So to see a group gear player claim 300+k hps self buffed? I was just wondering what sks/pallys had for hps/ac at 110 with zero buffs/abilities etc on? I know I can up my hps/ac a bit, but like a few thousand or so. Just feel like I'm missing something, seeing claims of 300k+ hps. Hoping some people can post their unbuffef stats, thanks!!
  7. Petalonyx Augur

The paladin is probably me. Maxed everything groupable TBL, good mount, familiar, stat food, trophies, etc. Currently geared with Hsta augs for more hp. Best AC HP type 7 augs, anni augs, Max AA, half the hero AA.

He has access to cleric line buffs, dont forget that.

Yes, 300k hp /7k AC self buff is possible. Thats also about max for nonraider.
  8. Cadira Augur

Can't remember what my sk gets up to with just self buffs, think it's a little over 300k. Not sure on ac.

He has all 4 chase items at lvl 5, full on augs for them etc. 55+ ac Aug in all slots. He has a raid shield, ring, legs, arms but the rest is group gear. I think he had over 300k hp without the raid pieces but it was close. Not sure on how pally hp self buffs stack up compared to sks.

My bet is the pally has all 4 chase pieces which would add like, 18 to 20k more hp than the group stuff.

You do have natural durability aa maxed I'd assume? That'll add like 15 to 20k more if you buy the ranks after autogrant. And another...3k hp from general sturdiness. If you don't have Don progression done, there's a rank of that which increases hp too.
  9. Daedly Augur

Just did this with my SK...

Self buffed + tribute(no trophy's) and ungrouped to avoid aura's
    286,827 HP
    6941/2978 AC

That's with RoS raid shield and 1her, T3 visables, GMM nonvis which really doesn't consist of the best tank ones even, and HSta focused type 5 and 7 augs.

I also don't use stat food, non of the TBL evolvers and only about half of the herioc stat AA.

So, definitely seems reasonable for a pally to reach that even if they didn't have the best group gear.
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

A look at your Magelo might be useful. As others mentioned, it might come down to AA difference.

As an example, this is my SK in mostly RoS raid gear with some evolving bits: https://eq.magelo.com/profile/3874833
  11. Brohg Augur

This post is looking whinier and whinier as its motivations and aims are exposed. No, dude. You cannot /baz your way to as much success as someone who actually plays the game. There's no secret sauce. No one is lying. There's no tricks. That you "don't understand" the difference you've clearly described isn't a puzzle for the forum to solve for you. It matters that you don't play.
  12. Micker Augur

Sorry if I came off as a whiner, I'm just getting back into EQ and trying to figure out where I should be. I'm not jealous or anything, I admire anyone who puts in the time it takes to get fully geared, it is a huge feat. I'mjust trying to figure out why the gear on my SK I have(which I have played forever and raided with, just took a break for a couple expansions and want to catch up without investing time I don't have), seems to be WAY below someone who claims to be only group geared. The guy above shows his full RoS raid geared SK with some ascending sun items and he is only 282K unbuffed. Sks buffs dont add that much extra HP, so how could a group geared tank, have over 300k? Yes, I know I need to grind some AAs for CA/CS, hp ones etc.,maybe that's the difference, but CA adds like 10 ac a level, if that and I have about 6 more to go.

I was just looking for a benchmark of what a higher group geared SK/Pally has. Just wanting to see some numbers if possible, not have anyone figure out what I am missing necessarily, but I can't even really upgrade anything, without getting TBL raid gear, so I was hoping for a little help to figure out why. Not buffed or self buffed with tribute and all that jazz, just a nothing in the buff box, no tribute or familiars etc, just a base HP/AC number. Otherwise it comes down to what buffs etc.. I will work on getting my hero aa and tanking aa finished etc, now I am glad my passion for EQ has come back, the game is sooo much fun!

Well I added a cliff golem stone and my ac shot up about 300 and about 13k more hps so that helps lol(how long do these things last and what happens when they hit zero charge)?. Thats what Im trying to figure out, what things Im missing and what I need to work on, if people really do have 40k+ more hps. We all play this game for different reasons and we all enjoy different things about it, but we all love playing it and I have played it since the beginning and still love it, so that shows how amazing it is and the people who play are pretty awesome too.
  13. Derka Power Ranger

Welcome back. The holes in your gear are going to be GMM stuff, specing HDEX vs HSTA, trophies and AAs. Lost wayfarers tent alone is 3k hp. Hsta is probably 15-20k.
  14. Micker Augur

Thanks thats what Im looking for(never even heard of the Tent thing). Im pretty lost with all the evolving items they have now and rewards/flagging etc.. Used to be able to just go camp some gear in Lower guk or sebilis back in the day lol. I will do some more research, appreciate the help!!
  15. Lubianx Augur

If you look at what he could have stacked you can see where the increases are possible:
    • hStam augs instead of hDex or hAgil (hDex is better for an SK)
    • New Stat Food
    • Trophies (add guild to that as well)
    • Tribute (add guild to that as well)
    • Current mount stats
    • Ashbound Keeper (pally Assurance)
    • Armor of Steadfast Faith (pally self buff - AC & HP)
    • Preservation of Rodcet (AC)
    • Defiant Stance (HP buff avail to both classes)
    • Armor of the Inquisitor (pally AA)
    • Hero AAs
    • Updated Augs
    • Artisan Aug
    • TBL Evolving Items and their augs
    • Jann Familar
    • Dragon Glyph maybe?
    He could be self buffed but in a group as well where you could add the following
    • Shaman, Cleric or Warrior for Auras
    • Additional stats (old leader AAs)
  16. Micker Augur

I think my problem was no power source and neglected the HP aa's because I didn't think they would add much(Natural Durability). But getting over 1500hps per level and had like 11 levels that I needed!! Once I max that, lots of general sturdiness aas and some ca/cs armor of wisdom etc and with the power source, that would bring me to 250k or more with no buffs or tribute etc. I didn't realize those aas added that much, I remember them adding like 100 hps lol. I also went the Heroic Dex route instead of stamina. Thanks for the responses so far, I'm just trying to get back into EQ and wanted a tank that wouldn't get smashed for my box group.
  17. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Yeah, Natural Durability is a pretty big one for everyone since it's percentage-based.
  18. Cadira Augur

I wasn't kidding when I mentioned ND!

Also, I wasn't kidding when I mentioned Don Progression. Looking back it looks like it's the second rank, it adds a percentage based increase in HP and a flat ...200-250 mana/end. The HP, again, is a 3% increase to your base (Just like ND aa). If you're a heroic toon you already have this bonus, but if not or you don't remember it, look for "Power of the Dark Reign" AA under your special tab and make sure it's at least rank 2/5.

Looks like my sk has 306k hp with just self buffs, or close to that (didn't want to click off raid buffs, but added them all up and subtracted from total) Only raid pieces he has is ring, shield, legs and arms. He has all 4 chase items which adds like 18-20k I imagine compared to gmm/Moob equivalent but they are all acquirable by the group player, despite at great effort. He does NOT have AP which would add another 2-4k.

Hope this helps!
  19. Micker Augur

Yeah, thanks Cadira!! I was going crazy wondering why the stats just didn't add up. I really thought those general hp AAs were like a few hundred hps and 35 aa each, I didn't bother lol. I will check on the DoN progression, I can't remember which toons I got through that with yet. Appreciate the help!!

One more question for anyone who might know. Would it be wise to switch out a neck with parry/block7 for a parry/block5 that has like 140ac and about 1khps more? Not sure how big that focus is, thanks!!