Good place for a group to grind AAs fast?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dizzy, May 8, 2013.

1. Dizzy New Member

Me and my friends form a group of four level 70 mages, We want to stay at 70 till we finish the needed AAs for this level then will continue to level and do AAs as we move up.

We am in need of a decent place to grind AAs for this group. We have access to few friends that have a level 100 Mage, a 95 druid, and 95 Monk that will help us grind.

Problem is we can not find a good place to do this. I hear people boost about getting 300 AAs an hour, but we are lucky if we get 20 AAs an hour. Yes we are in a group of 4 or worse if we have the 100 mage grouped with us and allow his Pet tank to kill everything.

The 100 Mage for example has been killing for us lite blues and greens to him (reds to us) cause he can kill them quick. When we go out on our own we can kill reds in Direwind Cliffs using a merc tank and healer to round out the group, but this is still only maybe 20 AAs an hour. Just do not understand how people can brag about 300 AAs an hour when I can not even get close to this.

This seems so slow of a grind and would appreciate any advice on something better to do.
  2. Trajet D'Or Augur

Get Level 71 and your new pets, huge upgrade no matter how or where you get AA.
  3. Potawatomi Augur

Get 71 and go to Splitpaw(infected paw). Stay there until you hate the sight of the zone. Use your summoned nukes etc.
  4. Blacksun Elder

5. Blacksun Elder

As to the OP's original question, I don't know if I've ever heard of someone getting 300AA an hour - especially at level 70. Maybe you can do it with a bunch of task adds or running a circuit of repeatable tasks with pretask drops. But that would probably lower the actual average AA per hour.

At 85ish, I used to run a circuit from the garden, well, feerot, back to garden and make about 40 AA in the 30 minutes of running around. It included killing about 40 mobs, bunch in garden, 10-15 in feerot. I did it with two other players and mercs. At the time, I felt that was pretty decent.

If you have a swarm class, maybe you can push out 300AA an hour by dominating hundreds of light blues. I don't know. My ranger, before the headshot nerf, was only getting about 40 AA in a lesson flipping instances of lost gnomes. She was grouped with at least one other person though. But even so, that's a far cry from 300AA an hour. Ranger was 80-85, 1000+ AA at the time.

For you, or anyone around 70, I would recommend finding a zone with light blue mobs and plowing.
  6. Rasputyn Elder

Just on this part of it, using a much higher level character is good for normal level XP and usually very bad for working on AA XP. For AA, the game looks at the highest level character in the group and what the mobs con relative to that character. So even though the mobs are red to the lv70s, you're earning AA XP based on light blue/green cons.