Good named rotation or Mission for gearing alts, EoK

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tnot, Jan 1, 2018.

1. tnot Elder

Returned to game couple weeks ago, I 3 box and Im currently in mostly RoF Gear.

RoS named are too dicey with my gear. so I'm going back to EoK to gear up.

Is there a good named rotation in EoK, where I can camp 2 or more named for gear? I 3 box 3 Mages so I can Coth around from camp to camp.

Also curious of the difficulty of the EoK missions, are any these easily boxxable? Preferably T1 missions as I'll have to do the progression first.

I've done OT & Skyfire progression but I can't do skyfire mission due to the AEs which I dont have a blocker for, and the OT Mission is currently unavailable :/

I mostly need Visible armor pieces.

Thank you.
  2. S33k3r Augur

My preferred spots were :-

In Kor-sh labs - Firedowser Uglabarg, Glart Fink, Bonescale and the possessed. I camped in tunnels near glart and firedowser spawn spots.
    Spot 1 in Chardok - Watch Captain Hir`roul, Battle Master Ska`tu and The Bridge Keeper. I camped in small room outside where Keeper and watcher Captain can spawn
    Spot 2 in Chardok - Flight Master Hak`ouz, Shai`din Warmaster Roh`ki and The Sokokar Matron. I camped in corner just inside nursury.
    Spot 3 in Chardok - Deathfang, Dry Rot, Grand Herbalist Mak`ha and Kennel Master Al`ele. I camped in tunnels just before Kennel Master

Each of those spots were easy to find a safe spot and could drop most T2 armour pieces required. Some clearing was required but not too hard to get a good rhythm going.
    Metanis and Maedhros like this.
  3. Kolani Augur

All those mobs are going to be a little rough for three mages in RoF gear though. You might need to go back to TBM and get some Crypt-Hunter before you get started on RoS. As far as the missions, you're going to have rough going with no actual non-AI tank, I seriously don't think you'll make it past the Lcea mission. Droga mission is a good source for gear, but you're going to be running into the same situation with no real tank.
    Pistols4Pandas likes this.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

If you hang out in FM and just pick a named target you can frequently get rots from the bi'faak camp (almost always camped). When you zone in just PM the group there asking if there will be rots and if so ask if you can claim anything they don't need. Throw a campfire down at the druid rings, go camp your own named and let others who don't need the gear but are grinding xp at bi'faak farm it for you. Almost every time I am in FM there are rots called out. You will still want to go back to TBM and farm remnants though unless you plan to buy them off other players. Doing this you should also get some crypt hunter gear. Honestly if you are still in ROF gear I don't know how you are surviving in EOK/ROS at all. Pick up some latent or castaway gear in bazaar if you have the coin unless you are able to survive the content and farm EOK/TBM gear using your current gear. I cant imagine trying to do that content with the stats that comes with that stuff though. Some of the mobs you encounter will easily 1 shot you

There is also the question of augs on your toons. If you are in ROF gear I assume you either did not play COTF or have never bothered to upgrade your gear. If you have not farmed marks of valor I would suggest doing this also so you can buy augs from the merchant. Raidloot.com has a nice search feature you can use to see all the useful augs you can buy from the vendor there with filters so you can weed out the augs you don't want.
  5. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

Chardok in the "prince's room" in the armory. there are 3 named in that one room there and the center rug is an entirely safe spot to pull/kill/afk at. if your mages are 105 you shouldn't have an issue with any of those named I wouldn't think. There's also a reasonable amount of trash in the area that you can clear if you're bored for a little extra xp.

If the prince's room is taken, you can get 2 or 3 named ph from the queens room (but no real safe spot tbh). or you can get 2 or 3 where the prince raid occurs also (longer pulls, but there's safe areas).

the chardok bridge area is also good. but more highly contested.

grinding to 108 will be quick at most any of those camps (or the ones listed in previous posts), 109 won't be hard either really, but for the last push to 110 you'll want to go somewhere else because that level totally sucks to push through

another good place in labs is the stonespiked guardian / cutter area, but you'll have to deal with multi-mob pulls a lot. there's 5ish phs in the area though you can take down.
  6. Pistols4Pandas Elder

Appreciate all the advice. I camped the named spiders in Liceanium and that was a cinch, but lots of trash clearing with quick respawn, not ideal for farming, my main Mage is RoF T2 raid geared w/ Em 19 so that helps. Lots of great posts/ideas here I'll give them a try!
  7. Sindaiann Augur

My personal favorite is Chardok at the Shaidin Warmaster side room. When you come in the room just turn right and setup camp right there where the path dips downward, before the next mob. With a full group of 6 people I keep that room clear, Watch Captain and Bridge Guardian phs, the caves up to Sokokar Matron/Queen area.

Need a high dps group to achieve this however. Obviously if the DPS isn't high enough to achieve this it still offers tons of options named wise, just be selective.

Names included:

Shaidin Warmaster
    Battlemaster or w/e (same room)
    Watch Captain
    Bridge Keeper
    Sokokar Matron
    Flight Master

Alternatively I would just suggest the Queen+2 named room in Chardok. Lots of mobs to pull in the hallways outside of that room as well.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Em 18 is available for group in EoK.

I would suggest adding an enchanter to do progression.
  9. bigpapa Augur

enchanters , specially in chardok / temple of droga and ROS are so usefull , almost a must.
    BTW , to gear up my box team ( 4 , same comp / screen ) I was doing every 6 hours ( * if able * ),
    the hero of droga and hero of chardok , each one was taking me from 10min to 15min to beat , for a sure loot. (for other slots than visible I had to camp some nameds tho ).

I box , shaman , mage . chanter , druid ( for port and track $$$ ), but for hero of chardok where we need to kill 2 adds most of the time, I was using another mage instead of the druid .

** BTW what server are you playing? tnot.
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

eh, a chanter (read CC) isn't necessary at all for chardok, maybe for droga since there are so few truly 'safe' spots to pull to for boxing.

if you can handle 2 in camp at once then there's zero need for a chanter in chardok.... if not, then if you can split 2 mobs when pulling/breakin a camp then there's still zero need. if the answer is still no, then yeah you probably need some CC, but you also probably shouldn't be camping the zone =).
  11. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

If running 3 Mages, Droga might be iffy with pets/AE etc. just my 2 cents. Other wise, the Chardok mission souls be doable.

As for progression etc, most should be trivial and or easy enough. The named you will want to play around have been mentioned already. I would take the time to look up items you will want to knock oit and just spend the time at those camps, as with time you will get enough T2 visual items while getting all the no vis stuff. Keep eyes and ears open for rots in both various EoK and RoS zones.
  12. tnot Elder

I'm on Bertoxx Saryn. Can msg me in game as Dally .

Picked up an offhand shield, visible gloves, and a ring last night in about 2 hours of play.

I tried out the Carpenter Camp in Scorched? Woods. That 2 handler he drops is like a 2 for 1, need belts as well, but wow the hit points & respawn times on those guys, since it's bonus exp I decided to leave that camp since the spider camps in Liceanium were netting some really respectable experience on top of some loot.

A couple people have said you need T1 to make the T2 EOK armor pieces ? Is this correct? I'm wanting to give chard ok a try, many recommendations here for that, but I'm not interested in doing T1 & then T2 for every visible slot, will likely do T1 then hopscotch to RoS when Fell foliage is back online ( had just completed OT/Skyfire partisan when the quest mob was taken out, never got to try the mission )
  13. Gio-Cefalu Augur

You do NOT need EoK T1 to make T2. However, I believe you do need EoK T2 to make RoS T1. I had stopped playing after I had all T1 gear for my toons in EoK, and I'm back and farming areas right now. To iterate what others have said, I recommend the following:

1. Bi'Faak camp in FM is great because they are fast spawns, you can get multiple Bi'Faak named at once, and he's an easy named mob to take on. More importantly, he can drop every visible piece possible. That camp alone will get all your T1 visible gear, and then hit the other camps as needed to fill in other slots. The Delirious Berserker is also in that area, so if you have the DPS, you can get EoK T1 shoulders and ring from him.

2. I think gear is less of a requirement for you than it is for me (I have a monk/BL 2 box and an SK/Sham 2 box), so I have toons taking lots of hits. I think with pets tanking, you might skip some zones and go right into EoK T2 in many spots.

3. For Chardok, I highly recommend farming the Warmaster/BattleMaster room near the bridge. There is a safe spot off to the side you can camp out at, and the WarMaster can drop every T2 visible slot, just like Bi'Faak does for T1 gear. Also, if you can continue pulling outside the room, you can farm the Captain, the Bridge Keeper (crap tons of HPs), and another BattleMaster skeleton (there are 2 PHs near the bridge). I just leveled from 105-110 there, and I almost have every visible slot now for EoK T2.

4. There is also a camp in Droga not too far down that you can get to. I think the mob is called Callex something. He can also drop every visible T2 piece of gear and an aug with 20 dmg for 2 Handers. This camp does NOT have a safe spot, and you have to go into 3 little rooms to get all the PHs, but it doesn't require you doing too deep into the dungeon, and again, you can get every visible piece for EoK T2 there.

5. RoS bazaar gear. You can get a lot of non-visible slots covered by the bazaar. The new Conflagrant gear costs anywhere from 60k a slot to 180k a slot (on my server, Povar), so if you have plat to burn, you could fill in some low level spots with higher level gear, and if you are lvl 106 or higher, you can wear the gear.

Just remember that my opinion and $2 will net you $2.
  14. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

For visual items in EoK it is as follows:

EoK T1 is just that, loot, click it makes armor, for T2, same process, loot click makes armor.
    You do not need any EoK T1 item.

For RoS and lvl 106+, you need the facet drop from named in T1 Ring of Scale zone, the merchant bought item 22k pp ish, and the correct EoK T2 item, minus augs/ornaments.

Arms for arms etc, remove all the augs, ornament, place okd armor inside the new facet, with mercant bought item, hit combine and viola new T1 RoS item.

As for caster 2 handers, yes its nice, but the KorSha lab belt might be better for a caster if I recall correctly. In the same camp you can get the T2 pet focii ear, good rings and armor.

As I mentioned eariler, take a gander thru mob loot tables and camp them. Ancient starhowler would be good for the book off hand also. This is in FM and can net ya decent exp til exp bonus is over.