Good job Daybreak!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Metanis Bad Company

The servers held together for the T1 race today. On Luclin we had chat lag and abnormally long zone times but the actual game play was decent. Thanks to the Infrastructure team at DBG for keeping things together today!
    minimind, Skuz, Yinla and 5 others like this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Zone times still need a lot of work.
    Skuz, zleski, Allayna and 5 others like this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Losing like 12 minutes because the entire raid crashed zoning out of the first event stunk.
    Warpeace, Zenn, Allayna and 1 other person like this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

I saw a 16 minute break between raids, watching other streams, because everyone crashed and couldn't get back in. Our zone times on FV were really really terrible.

"Good job" I hope was a joke.
    Allayna likes this.
  5. dwish Augur

Come play on the cesspool server known as FV. Raiding in broken instances is the norm over here. On a general raid night 50% of our instances or more are lagged/borked, so multiple classes have to play with broken mechanics (hello main pets that literally stand and do nothing). I guess the select few unlucky classes losing 30-40% of their DPS is just a gameplay mechanic now as it remains unchanged going on 2-3 years despite "fixes" that have put into place to combat the issue that literally have made no difference at all on our server. If this is an issue primarily for FV only, then there needs to be a serious discussion of letting people off this server as raiding on an eternally broken game was not what people signed up for.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Allayna Augur

The following is not acceptable. I'll do a running tally of server-side delays. These are all on the Bristlebane server.
    I'd like to say I'm angry.... but I'm just... disappointed that nothing has changed.

[Sat Jan 07 12:00:02 2023] Sharvyn Oresinger says, 'The time has not yet come to deal with this event.'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:03:38 2023] Sharvyn Oresinger says, 'The time has not yet come to deal with this event.'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:03:41 2023] Sharvyn Oresinger says, 'Good, good. I don't think you want to go out there lookin' for that thing, so as much as I hate the idea, it's prolly best to wait for it to come here. Stay [ready], it could show up at any time.'

3 min and 41 seconds before the raid was available on Bristlebane.

[Sat Jan 07 12:03:47 2023] You say, 'ready'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:03:54 2023] You say, 'ready'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:04:01 2023] You say, 'ready'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:04:04 2023] You say, 'ready'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:04:06 2023] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...

4 min and 6 seconds to the first zone timer.

[Sat Jan 07 12:04:54 2023] You have entered Paludal Caverns: Insatiable An Appetite.

4 min and 54 seconds to zone land.

[Sat Jan 07 12:16:10 2023] You have completed achievement: Conqueror of Paludal Depths: Insatiable An Appetite
    [Sat Jan 07 12:16:10 2023] You have completed achievement: Insatiable An Appetite: Unfulfilled Curse

First win 11 min and 16 seconds from zone land time.

Actual ToT:

Combined (38): A cliknar nymph in 639s, 26.51B Damage @41.48M

[Sat Jan 07 12:16:41 2023] Begone!
    [Sat Jan 07 12:17:36 2023] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Jan 07 12:19:22 2023] You have entered Shar Vahl, Divided.

From instant gate door click to land time, 2 min and 41 seconds, bringing the total to 7 min and 35 seconds.

[Sat Jan 07 12:19:53 2023] You say, 'equipped'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:20:01 2023] You say, 'equipped'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:20:08 2023] You say, 'equipped'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:20:16 2023] You say, 'equipped'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:20:23 2023] You say, 'equipped'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:20:32 2023] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Jan 07 12:21:47 2023] You have entered Shar Vahl: Mean Streets.

Another 1 min and 54 seconds to enter the next DZ. Total now at 9 min and 29 seconds.

Zone in to second win took 14 minutes and 38 seconds.

Actual ToT:

Combined (29): Jakarashev in 681s, 17.21B Damage @25.27M

[Sat Jan 07 12:36:18 2023] You have completed achievement: Conqueror of Shar Vahl: Mean Streets
    [Sat Jan 07 12:36:18 2023] You have completed achievement: Mean Streets: No You Don't
    [Sat Jan 07 12:36:23 2023] You say, 'leave'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:38:34 2023] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Jan 07 12:41:11 2023] You have entered Shar Vahl, Divided.

Zoning out of Mean Streets took 4 min and 48 seconds. Our total is now 14 min and 17 seconds.

[Sat Jan 07 12:41:21 2023] You say, 'prepared'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:41:26 2023] You say, 'prepared'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:41:40 2023] You say, 'prepared'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:41:52 2023] You say, 'prepared'
    [Sat Jan 07 12:42:13 2023] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Sat Jan 07 12:43:50 2023] You have entered Shar Vahl, Divided.

Another 2 min and 29 seconds to zone in to Pit Fight. Total now 16 min and 46 seconds.

Zone in to event complete 19 min and 59 seconds.

Actual ToT:

Combined (72): A warblood in 1067s, 36.98B Damage @34.66M

[Sat Jan 07 13:03:49 2023] You have completed achievement: Conqueror of Shar Vahl: Pit Fight
    [Sat Jan 07 13:03:49 2023] You have completed achievement: Pit Fight: Run Runner

According to EGL the difference between 1st and 5th on T1 was a flat 20 minutes.

Nearly 17 minutes in the zone times listed is not acceptable by any measure. Please do better, your player base doesn't appreciate extremely long zone times on these "launch days". I didn't even count the time delays requesting the 2nd or 3rd events, just went based on zone times.
    That being said, I spent almost more time zoning or waiting for the NPC to give the DZ than I did raiding 2 targets.
    Fenthen and Warpeace like this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

I am pretty confident that there was more than one guild that experienced long zone times, so mentioning that there was 20 minutes between first and fifth is irrelevant. Everyone that started at 3pm experienced long zone times, some or us just aren't whining and crying on the forums about it.

OP even mentioned that there was long zone times. However, OP also mentioned that the raids themselves were nearly lag free. Which is what I felt as well, and what I had heard from other 3 PM start time guilds as well. I don't know about anyone else, but I would much rather have lag when it comes to chat and zoning than lag during an actual raid event. Then again I suppose if a guild wants to lag out a raid encounter to bypass/exploit certain aspects of it then they would rather have laggy instances. And I am not accusing any guild of wanting lagged instances, so calm down.

The bigger issue IMHO is an archaic way of determining "the race" with a timestamp. Obviously it is the easiest way for the site owner, and it is pretty difficult to cheat an image of a timestamp. But there is better ways and means of determining who "number one" is- how long it takes to complete an event, for example. How many attempts it takes a guild to win. Overall guild DPS on an event. Number of deaths on an event. I just don't personally believe a timestamp is the best indicator of how awesome a guild performs on an event. It is just the easiest way to measure it.

And I am not even saying that any of the other things I listed (length of encounter, guild DPS, etc) would even change the rankings if it was ever to be implemented. Just saying a timestamp IMHO is not the de facto data that should be used. It just is, and we all deal with it.
    Skuz and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  8. Allayna Augur

Wasn't a whine or a cry. Just a transparent, factual account of the launch so maybe they could look into fixing it? Never said other guilds didn't experience lag, I know that ROI crashed. But having raided on both Xegony and BB, one is slower than the other and it is parseable via logs... so.
  9. Cicelee Augur

Fair enough. Maybe the fix for this is to not have 600 raiders across 5 servers trying to zone at the same time? In conjunction with the regular player base that wants to play on a Saturday afternoon when many are off work, there are snowstorms and cold temperatures in many parts of the country which causes more people to do indoor activities (i.e. play EQ) than normal?

Or maybe we should stop ranking guilds by a timestamp and use other methods of doing so?

And I would prefer no lag at all anywhere, just like you and 600+ raiders on a Saturday at 3pm. But I would much rather take 3 minutes to zone than stand frozen during a raid event for 3 minutes not casting any spells. I think many others, if they had to choose the lesser of two evils, would also want that as well.
    buca and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  10. Allayna Augur

[IMG]
    Jack likes this.
  11. RaidOfficerHR New Member

Now what I find kind of interesting about all of the posts in this, is that everyone had the same exact start and times/difficulties ect. What winning a race typically entails is preparation. From my understanding it just sounds like some people were much more prepared than others.

You know... much like divorce comparatively you have to ask yourself after losing the 6th+ Race.
    What if I'm the problem?
    Eilelyen likes this.
  12. buca New Member

[quote="

Or maybe we should stop ranking guilds by a timestamp and use other methods of doing so?

[/quote]

This is a great idea have any suggestions? Anyone good at the game and still playing after 20 some odd years knows this is an antiquated and truly awful representation of how good guilds and the individual players within those guilds are anyway. It means zero at this point in the games lifecycle and it's ludicrous that people still like to pretend it does for some fake sense of superiority. In my experience, it's the not so good players who gravitate towards things like that as counting for something, honestly its more than something for them it's everything for them because they've made the realization long ago it's the only way they can get any kind of recognition at all because they're usually pretty bad at the game so it fills up that empty bucket in some weird fashion
  13. MischiefTLP Augur

Who got the most raid achievements?
  14. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

maybe we can get a ranking or new site for the top guild's zoning times
    Eilelyen likes this.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

I always thought vanquisher was a better measure but thats probably just me.
    buca likes this.
  16. Tallie Elder

I always thought that when 19 guild finish the three events on day 1, the race isn't nearly as meaningful as it once was:)
    adetia, Annastasya, Fenthen and 5 others like this.
  17. buca New Member

Yes Vanquisher is much better than meaningless timestamps but still not a perfect system because let's be honest that just means you got 54 people to all follow emotes for one night. We need something much more concrete.
  18. Ozon Augur

Pretty sure NoS Vanquisher cannot be completed in one go per event.

Ideally I would say actual event completion time from each launch day, so start time - end time per event, remove zone time. In addition to when each guild demonstrates a completed Vanquisher, 1 or 54 doesn't really change much. Likely most guilds will/would stack either way.
  19. Marton Augur

They will never do it but ... if all 3 tiers unlocked in January, we would see how efficient/resourceful guilds are.

Also, this one tier every 30 days system feels rather awkward. I don't miss chasing keys for 60 - 65 people in our raid force, dealing with absences etc. but it felt like we actually accomplished something.
    Fenthen, buca and Sancus like this.
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Stagger raid launches through the day by one hour per server; ordered by how fast the previous raids were beaten.