Gold member to silver member AA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by joe74, Jan 22, 2013.

1. joe74 New Member

just noticing something.. i have a toon with 1848 AA.. sony rules are for silver members. 1000 AA cap and 250 SC to open 100 more to cap.. but as a gold member downgrading. its current set up means i have to pay for those 848AA with SC prior to earning more AA. but if ive already earned them during my $15 a month charge why should anyone have to buy them again just to gain an extra 100 AA .. 250 per 100. means id have to spend 2250 station cash just to earn 52 AA .. 2250 to buy what i already earned and paid for with a gold member subscription... sounds more to me like sony is wanting to force people to pay a monthly script if they was already doing so.. not let them go free to play ... mean idea works if you did not already have 1k AA and want to go onward as a casual player but not for anyone that is already gold member. mean if you had a 4k AA lol that monthly fee would be cheaper then buying up all those AA just to boost that AA cap to 4100.. open to others thoughts here please. but to me it sounds a bit off paying for something you have already gotten to begin with... shouldnt be penalized to go back to silver member from gold. . same with prestige items.. if you earned it during gold member you shouldnt have to lose it just cause you rolled back to silver.. you paid for the right to have it didnt you?. its sounding more like a rental fee for the gear . maybe have a prestige unlocker for those items id even entertain that idea rather then carry 2 sets of gear around for moving between silver and gold memberships... but not saying go out as a silver get prestige items and wear them just cause you was once gold member either. if your a sliver member and want a prestiged item.. pay to unlock it. posted here with this thought cause felt my feedbacks was not looked at. in hopes it gets some attention to the topic now.
  2. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

You're suppose to be a Gold member if you're level 70+, f2p is nothing more than extended trial.
    Even if you would buy all those AAs with 250SC you still wouldn't be able to play as a non gold member because of the prestige item restriction on higher level group gear.
    $15 per month, or $10 if you got yearly sub running is peanuts. ~70 levels is more than enough for you to see if you like the game.
  3. joe74 New Member

some do not play game enough to pay for 30 days tho .. if you play only a day or 2 per week would be cheaper to pay the smaller amounts. like me.. i used to play 12 to 20 hrs straight before a break. sometimes more. and id do this daily if was able.. now i am lucky to play 1 or 2 days a week.. so would be cheaper to pay the 250 for 100 AA if i could.
    and if was meant for like you claim.. why the T1 RoF gear that is non prestige?? mean seriously you think that is just a trail??? makes no sense to be trial to nearly end game. .well not exactly end game since is not really a end to it after all.
    . i read in 1 forum on here that EQ2 uses prestige unlockers for the prestige gear. but that was nearly a year ago i read that.. was around time EQ was turned F2P. if they want more to play game they should balance it more so its more usable to be F2P .. idea behind it was to make more money . they would make more as F2P set up with a few tweaks then to force you to pay for gold from the start..
    and to let u know ive seen part of the game styles.. im pushing 9yr vetran . so ive seen people come and go for various reasons. and yes im aware there is players that push the full term of the game from day 1. but even alot them has left the game sadly.
    bottom line want to keep people playing game make so we can roll back to a silver status without a full penalty of what we already have paid for. we all pay for new things.. dont like paying for things 2 times tho.
  4. Starlanae Lorekeeper

This happened to me as well. IMy main account went to silver for a couple days before paycheck came in and my mage had just over 1200 aa's. I had a little SC though and was sick of seeing the message on my screen about my aa experience being capped so I bought the unlocker from SC for more aa's. I was shocked that the message about being capped again. I looked at it again and realized that the unlocker includes aa's starting over 1000, not starting at current total. Silver mebership doesn't keep those aa's over 1000 from working, but does try to charge you for them if you want to raise cap above them and I agree this should change. Imagine an SK that is max aa at 95 and then RoF came out and person can't afford to go gold but was barely able to afford the expansion. I don't think the owner of the SK is going to spend all that cash to raise unlocker up to his current max starting at 1000 aa's just to get some more aa's. I know this sounds silly, of course he would just go gold, but the point is that if he can't afford to go gold, how is he going to afford all those unlocker purchases? Just saying that it would be nice if it started off the end of current total, not at 1000 aa's.