Going to be trying a TLP server for the first time(Agnarr), what should I 2box?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Diabolic1, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Ultrazen Augur

I really don't know why anyone would want to solo/duo on a TLP server.... The best thing about TLPs, is that there are other people your level, and you can do original content, the way it was more or less originally meant to be. Soloing or even in a duo, is painfully slow. Grouping is awesome on a TLP. Everquest is inherently an extremely boring game, especially at low levels and in classic. You will spend hours upon hours doing nothing but auto attacking..... The only thing of any real value, is the friends you make, and the laughs you can have with other people.

Start a duo on a live server, and you'll have a tank and cleric merc to boot, and you can explore / level very easily.

/shrug. I wouldn't wish soloing on a TLP on my worst enemy, it just seems to completely miss the point.

That being said, you *will* regret not having snare.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

Spells don't only get sold in grobb... although casters can bind themselves and origin for spells easily after level 5. Getting your spells will be easier then you think.
  3. Rhodz Augur

We are looking at this server hard, seems they finally listened to reason on the rule-set so true to form may get hooked again barring nasty surprises.
    Wife and I don't box only duo.

Thinking of either the Enc-Druid or switching things up a combo I have almost tried a couple of times Pally-SK(Rng) just for kicks. Most likely the casters as the utility is amazing and the progress fast.

Yes people do miss snare but miss Sow and Clarity even more, good not to do without any of it.
  4. Machentoo Augur

Sure, play any class. If you want to take 4x longer to level than an enchanter heavy group will.
  5. Machentoo Augur

On DBG servers, a full group gets something like a 250% xp bonus over a solo player. So, no solo player, even someone who is crushing it, will come close to what a half decent full group will get. On top of that, Shaman dots just took a huge nerf.
  6. Machentoo Augur

Really depends on whether you are forming the group or just sitting LFG. If you are LFG, it takes a while to find a group that needs exactly your class combination usually. If you are taking leadership and forming the group, and don't have an awful combo, you can usually fill in what you are missing quickly and get going.
    Brunlin likes this.
  7. Razzle Augur

Exps on phinny much harder than it will be on Agnarr. Try it on Ragefire, they have the same exp rate as Agnarr will have.
  8. Galleyan Augur

With RF/LJ exp rates... who cares? Unless you're looking to be #1, you can get to 50 in less than a week with the worst group comp imaginable if you really want.
  9. Brunlin Augur

Exactly!! Get you a good spot, be good at your box...and you will fill a group w/o even having to spam the zone, especially when the server is new and everyone is grouping.
  10. Kiani Augur

Grouping will typically be better xp in almost all situations, but you still get more xp soloing while LFG than you do sitting in EC, Nexus, PoK or wherever with LFG up.

Also, some people like the option of soloing relatively effectively if you don't have long to play, or maybe simply don't feel like grouping.
  11. Rhodz Augur

The only char I played that could approach group xp solo was the bard swarm kiting but thats history now and the bard is no longer what I call readily soloable, certain levels withstanding.
    Enc, Dru and Wiz were ok but not as good in that regard. Beyond those classes solo is painful and entirely mood related. No I do not like Shm... at all.
    That said I would level the less soloable classes first on a TLP just due to the availability of groups then level the more soloable classes just in case grouping options fall off. There is enough of an xp rate to make this feasible again so alts play into things now.
    Starting off solo while fine and good may not be the smartest move.