GoFundMe to help over-worked and underpaid devs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Karreck Somebody

Complains about Ad Hominems, proceeds to use numerous Ad Hominems.
  2. Stymie Pendragon

That was the reply after my post, and to this day I don't know if what I said is what caused them to post or not. I don't think it was, but I have no clue.
  3. Allworth Elder

Complains about someone standing up to a bully, then proceeds to contribute zero to the conversation with a facile quip.

When someone comes out of the blue and makes personal attacks on me, I don't feel obligated to be kind to them or show them any courtesy. Since they drew first blood, I'm going to vigorously defend myself. My opinion of why they do this is just my opinion. I suspect you don't like it because I touched a nerve.

These forums are cesspool of PVP toxicity that are dominated by a tiny minority of smug posters (most using multiple accounts) who post numerous times per day to manufacture a false consensus that has no bearing on true feelings of the community. It seems they play EQ just so they can post on these forums to show how superior they are to everyone else. These forums are their mental gymnasium where they get to do a daily workout of mental gymnastics. Then when things don't go their way, they gang up and bully people who they disagree with. If that doesn't work, they run to their mod friends to bail them out.

Change my mind.
  4. Stymie Pendragon

Nobody in this thread, at least, is bullying you. I have reread everything from your 1st reply onwards multiple times and I just don't see a reason for the change in tone that you've had. For future reference, it would help if you would address individual posters or talking points to help slow people such as myself keep up with the conversation.

I have no desire to change your mind by the way, and I hope you're having a wonderful weekend like I am. :)
    Skuz and Karreck like this.
  5. Karreck Somebody

If you are going to criticize somebody for using Ad Hominems, it really hurts your case when you fire back with Ad Hominems of your own. Such an action is only contributing to the "cesspool of PVP toxicity". You are not standing up to any bully. You are down here in the muck with the rest of us, hurling mud and being toxic. Your own personal mental gymnastics may convince your brain that you are some noble crusader against the big ole meanies on the forums, but you are doing the exact same thing they are doing. Your hypocrisy is clear as day.

Change my mind.
    Kaylandra and Skuz like this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Why don't we just pay darkpaw.
    Darkpaw pays their employees.
    And ... it works like a normal business.
    Kaylandra likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

Pretty sure that's what we're doing right now! Amazing.
    Kaylandra likes this.
  8. Zunnoab Augur

I didn't read the whole topic I confess but something that sounds like a good idea can be bad in the long run. See tipping, which doesn't happen in many places in the world and is used as an excuse to pay people lower wages. What is supposedly a "tip" for good service amounts to paying people to work at all, a nasty cycle of exploitation.

In a hypothetical situation where what the topic suggests became common you can bet companies would use it as an excuse to pay thier employees less.
    Skuz and Stymie like this.
  9. TheTone Elder

Nothing...nothing at all...but it's worth a shot in this silly hypothetical fiction.
  10. Allworth Elder

I disagree. I give as good as I get. If posters come out of the blue and attack me, then I will defend myself. You've made plenty of accusations against me but not provided a shred of proof.

I won't want to be down in the muck with you or anyone else. I've got no agenda other than trying to put forth suggestions that enhance the player experience. You and a handful of stodgy players don't like it that I've upset the virtual apple cart here. You'd never dare to talk with such a dismissive and arrogant tone in the real world face to face to people.

In my reply I put forth actionable suggestions on how I as a game developer would improve the user interface. For my temerity, I was insulted and mocked. No good deed goes unpunished around here. To make matters worse, you just accused me of hurling mud and being toxic for daring to defend myself. This is a classic case of projection. Nice try.

The level of civility on these forums has been so abysmally low for so many years that bad behavior is normal. I pity the new EQ player that comes here with the intention of trying to

In a video interview, EverQuest Studio head Jen Chan encouraged players to post on these forums and on Discord. I took her advice but then I found that the reality of these forums are not very welcoming to new players. Very little kindness and consideration is shown to outsiders who are not in the clique of veteran posters.

What you have you contributed to the well-being of EverQuest? What concrete ideas, suggestions, proposals, and plans of action have you put forth that would improve the play experience of new and existing players that would enhance the revenue stream? How many shipped AAA video games have you worked on?

Feel free to PM me and list off your accomplishments and I'll share with you mine, then we can have a civil, man-to-man conversation about our respective areas of experience in the video game industry.

I don't need validation from you. My suggestion is not meant for you or other confrontational people who are not here in a spirit of good faith and engage in the e-sport of forum PVP, it's meant for enthusiastic players, open-minded developers and those in positions of who have the power to evaluate them. I'm done talking to you publicly on this thread. PM me and I'll see if you are serious or not.
  11. bardybard Augur

:rolleyes:
    Kaylandra and Karreck like this.
  12. Karreck Somebody

That's a lot of words for "I'm taking my ball and going home."
    Face it, you are mad because you got called out for being toxic while also claiming to be above the muck of the forums. You are just as bad as all the other PvP forum posters here. They insult, you insult, you're like twins! The only difference is they can admit it, while you like to play pretend that you are some noble crusader.
    No need for PM's, I've made my point. I don't have to hide behind private conversations to protect my ego, as I am confident enough in my words to say them publicly. After all, a fearful man desires to speak softly and in low whispers.
    Oh, and I have no problem calling out hypocrites (like you!) in person or online. I would tell this to your face, while watching it contort in impotent rage. It's really easy honestly.
    Cheers!
    Kaylandra likes this.
  13. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Aww does that mean the circus is leaving? I didnt get cotton candy yet!
    Kaylandra likes this.
  14. Kaylandra Some Dumb Druid

Oh wow. The cringe, it burns.
  15. Mikana Augur

With them flogging an expansion tier with a price tag of $250, I have no plans to "donate" to the cause.
  16. MHD90 Journeyman