GoDR

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Triconix, May 10, 2016.

1. Triconix Augur

Out of curiosity, what nuke are necros using to trigger GoDR now that FTP is useless?
  2. Bobsmith Augur

Pick one they all suck for one reason or another.
    Dibab likes this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Ignite Bones yo.

What it lacks in dps it more than makes up for by annoying other players.
  4. sojero One hit wonder

Your local druid hates you, and you should hate yourself too!
  5. sojero One hit wonder

When I raid on my necro I use swarm pets and the fast cast lifetap to do it. I generally have the lifetap up just in case so it fills that role while swarm pets are locked out.
  6. Triconix Augur

I'm just curious because I use impose. The damage mod buff that it can case is better than HoD. Figured most necros used it
  7. Volgare Journeyman

I use Vollmondnacht orb since its fast cast and short recast, just block the orb and you're golden.
  8. Siddar Augur

Venin poison nukes the 96 and 101 versions with mercurial torment active. Also you fire hand of death with lifeburn then lifetap aa the hp back that way you don't have a 25% proc chance of chaotic power from impose impacting your burn.

If you're using anything else on a raid burn you're doing it wrong.
  9. Triconix Augur

That's what I do, however if I can get chaotic power up and running at some point early into and keep it sustained, the better off I am since it's more powerful. I have separate spell sets that I can switch to if I can get impose to proc before my first spell bar rotations is over. I switch to venin on the 2nd spell set if it procs (since it lasts a good amount of time) or I leave it up if it doesn't.

HoD --> Lifeburn --> Dying Grasp.
  10. Siddar Augur

Never been a fan of impose to random and 25 counters means it lasts less then two full ticks once you have mob fully loaded with DoT's.
  11. Wyvern Lorekeeper

Hemorhage Essence (5.8k, 1.6s cast w/ spell haste) - 1.5s reuse (fastest reuse nuke)
    -- Only option if you don't want to wait approx 1.5s between casts

Impose for Blood (11.7k, 1.6s cast w/ haste) - 5.25s reuse (small delay between casts)
    -- (25% chance for 30-160% more damage for 1m 42s+, 25 hits)
    -- (1% chance 25% less damage for 2 ticks) -- worth the risk
    -- Note: without spell haste Impose and Hemorhage are 1.9/1.8 sec cast time for me.

Vollmondnacht Orb (4.4k, 1.3s cast time) - 5 sec reuse (small delay between casting DoTs)

All the above are still fast enough to cast before each DoT without alot of waiting.
    -- I prefer Impose for the chance at more damage and also still run FTP for the nuke process. --- RB buff heals me enough and I almost never get the bad version of Impose. Any of the 3 above works fine.

Liquefying Venin (9.7k, 1s cast time) - 6.5s reuse, fastest nuke (too slow for reuse)
    Combust Bones (1.6s cast time w/ spell haste) - 18s reuse (too slow for reuse)
    Soul Rend (1.6s cast time w/ spell haste) - 12.5s reuse (too slow for reuse)
    Call Skele Mob(1.6s cast time w/ spell haste) - 18s reuse (too slow for reuse)
  12. Siddar Augur

Should add mind wrack and debuff dot combo spells to the list.

Also you can use two nukes to avoid the reuse timers on many of the options.