GoD TLP with level locks starting at 60

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Triconix Augur

That's not false equivalency. I am basing it off chronology, not the release dates, but the chronology of the actual movie series. If you prefer to do a comparison based on release dates, starting in GoD is like starting the MI (Mission Impossible) series with MI3. MI1 and MI2 started it all, and that's cool, but they aged pretty bad and aren't really that great of quality movies, much like the original trilogy (classic-velious). MI3 and beyond get better and better.
    Rcbauer likes this.
  2. Digler Elder

That's an interesting take.

I enjoyed doing that on the first TLP, and even my 3rd. But by the time the 6th or 7th rolled around, I was pretty much over that.

Do you not get tired of it? Even if you're playing a different class each time, its still the same thing. Isn't it?

For me its groundhog day.
  3. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Do people get tired of leveling from level one to level eighteen in League of Legends multiple times a day?
    Do people get tired of starting from scratch to being the last player standing in Call of Duty Warzone, Fortnite, etc?
    Do people get tired of creating a new Minecraft world even though Terraria has 1000x more items than Minecraft does?
    Do people get tired of waking up every morning and doing the same thing Mon-Friday?
    The answer is yes and no, depending on the person.
  4. Valv Journeyman

Maybe you've played this game enough and it's time for something new? Not everyone played every single tlp for the last decade...
  5. Digler Elder

Valv, I haven't played every single one. If I'm being honest, I've probably rolled every other year.

I didn't roll last year, for instance. Timing just didn't work out. I missed the launch, and I really enjoy that aspect of a new server.

Who knows what the rule set will be this year. I'm here now cause I'm in a lull at work, and have the time to kill. So I'm trying to lobby for what I think would be a cool concept.

I totally understand everyone has their own opinion, and I try and be respectful of that.

What we're discussing here, on the surface, might appeal to a bunch of people, provided the level-locking is done appropriately.

1. I think all the classes would be available at launch. All races except Drakkin would be available

2. New leveling paths would be open.

3. If you lock the level at 50 for 30-45 days it would allow (require??) the raiding of the Planes/Vox/Naggy/Sky. Players could get a few AA, and bank some more. People could also work epics, and Guilds could attempt Kunark/Velious raids. You could certainly get Thurg quest Armor. Could you do PoP at that point? I'm sure some guilds would try.

4. If you increase that to 60 for 30-45 days it would allow the official raiding of Kunark/Velious/Luclin. Push it to 70 for 30-45 days.

5. As an aside these lifts of the level-cap would function as min-rushes, which I personally enjoy.

6. We've been beating to death the idea of launching the new server in GoD. But what if they launched it in TSS (as an example) and said, we're gonna do these progressive unlocking of the level caps, over time, and we're gonna stay in TSS for 5 or 6 months (hell make it 9 months and have the level lifts be 5 levels at a time), with the idea of having a full 30 days at the max level for completion of the TSS content. Then we'll unlock Buried Sea, and start the typical 3 month timer. That would basically leap-frog 3+ years of unlocks, and get a launched server deep into the EQ timeline.
  6. Rcbauer Augur

It's happening!