Gnome beastlord

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by plobb, Jul 17, 2018.

1. plobb Elder

With a clockwork spider please.

I have a gnome sk, pali, mage, but the beast unfortunately is an ogre now, can you please make it so I can just spend 25$ on a race change instead of thousands of plat on gnome illusiion potions?

Also, the lore could be there. A gnome who spends thousands of days in akanon attempting to build a perfect intelligent mechanical spider, he/she finally does and is connected to it forever.
    Redhead, Yimin and Boze like this.
  2. Boze TLP complaint factory

The ultimate dream. Make it available on TLPs and I'd throw a year's worth of DBC at it.
    plobb likes this.
  3. Absor Developer

A clockwork is not a beast.
    Zaviere, Dewey, Bankheadd and 3 others like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Gnome Beastlord was a semi-final contender for the new Race/Class combo contest EQ held 4 years ago. A few vocal players made a big hooplah about lore which likely dissuaded the devs. (I felt that the Wood Elf Beastlord combo was weird). I think opening the class up to gnomes would revitalize the popularity of beastlords (which is already fairly balanced but slightly underpowered compared to other classes) so the devs should seriously consider implementing this.
    Yimin, Boze and plobb like this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Treant is a strange kind of beast though. The lore for a clockwork would be that the gnomes have captured animal spirits in their tinkered contraption (animal spirit within a mechanical heart) which actually has a Khati Sha lore kind of familiarity to it.
    Thesehips, Yimin, Boze and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dreadmore Augur

How about the minotaurs near Ak'Anon? Surely they are beasts. As Meldrath has shown, they can be lorded over.
    Yimin, Tolzol, Boze and 1 other person like this.
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

Why does a tree get a pass then? Treelords ain't no beastlords!
    Thraine, Yimin, Numiko and 1 other person like this.
  8. plobb Elder

Yimin and Boze like this.
  9. Numiko Augur

Darkelf Beastlord with a spider would be fun
  10. menown Augur

Froglok Beastlords with tadpole pets.
    Thesehips and gotwar like this.
  11. Boze TLP complaint factory

Thraine likes this.
  12. Absor Developer

Wasn't my decision... :p At least they are living things. I would argue that a sentient creature (and treants certainly are sentient) can't be a beast either. The whole point of beast lord is mastering/befriending the wild animal. So a treant is certainly not what I would consider a beast, but much closer than a mechanical device powered by steam and magic.

Let's not even get into how unsuitable gnomes are to wilderness survival, ferocious animals, and all that. Think a bit about why it is that they make their own wild animals. Their pets are all fake animals. I can only assume that they don't particularly like animals.

A
    Yinla, Dewey, IblisTheMage and 5 others like this.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yinla, Jamazar and Boze like this.
  14. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I’d like to see a troll with an old guk froglok slave pet
  15. Brohg Augur

Slavery? you think EQ needs slavery? Players enslaving people, that's what you think EQ should have?
  16. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I never used too, but I think you talked me into it.
    Lilpugs~Cazic likes this.
  17. plobb Elder

18. Dreadmore Augur

I like this game. Let's keep it going.

Human beastlords have pet rats. Their cities are dirty like that.
  19. Boze TLP complaint factory

Troll beastlords have pet gators. Oh wait...
    IblisTheMage, Brohg and Yimin like this.
  20. Dreadmore Augur

Tro Jeg beastloards have pet angry mushrooms

The other tribal creature on Luclin (those ones in Echo Caverns) have pet owlbears

Playable races only? Erudites have pet sharks!