Gnoll in a barrel

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kattria Minx, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Kattria Minx Augur

Has anyone gotten all the gnolls? How many are there? 10 like the cats and dogs? Which ones are the rares? Anyone got fun titles out collecting these? These are some of my favorite things to collect. Would love to know what's included in this batch!
  2. Kattria Minx Augur

Well, I just had to be patient.

Here's the cute-pack!!

Plush Fippy Darkpaw
    Gnoll Reaver Pup
    Plush Ishva Mal
    Plush Trannix Darkpaw
    Splitpaw Gnoll Pup
    Direwind Gnoll Pup
    Blackburrow Gnoll Pup
    Plush Lord Elgnub
    Plush Egrez Shortpaw
    Darkfell Gnoll Pup
  3. Mouldy Shroom Journeyman

How do these work? Do you get a different pet every time you summon, or do you need to keep buying the item from the Marketplace to have a chance of getting a different pet?
  4. Rainbowdash Augur

Kat, is my assumption that the Plushes are old model and pups are new correct? <3
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  5. Kattria Minx Augur

You have to keep buying until you get the complete set. I end up with 2-4 of several of them.

From the DB market place, you buy a gnoll in a barrel. You right click on it. You'll get an item that starts with "Adoptable" and you'll see the number 1, which shows you it can be stacked. This is where you can trade the pet (has to say "adoptable"). Once you right click on it again, it binds to your character and is not stackable.

And yes, I just checked what all the pets look like. The plushes are old model, pups are new model just as you guessed Rainbowdash. All very cute, but of course, Fippy is my favorite.

Also, the suffix title is Darkpaw. Cute! But for now I'm keeping "the Alpha" (Kattria Minx the Alpha).
  6. Mouldy Shroom Journeyman

But at that point you still have no idea which one you'll get? You just know that you have 1 item in the stack?

Or does it tell you in the item name/description which one you've got? Ie "Fippy (Adoptable)".
  7. Kattria Minx Augur

When you buy it from the market place, you get a barrel with a 1 on it that makes it seem like it can stack. But so far I've not been able to buy more than 1 barrel at a time, and I've never actually checked to see if the barrel itself is tradeable--I assumed it wasn't. Once you right click on the barrel, it transforms into a gnoll, and it's clear that you have an Adoptable (something--insert whatever I posted up near the top of this thread). That first right click after buying (and it going into your inventory) is the only time the item is both identified as what it is (one of five plushes or one of five pups) and can be traded with other players. If you right click the plush or the pup, it binds to your character.

Hope that helps :)
  8. Nolrog Augur

It tells you at that point what you have. You can trade it at that point, or claim it (and once you claim it, it's no drop.)
  9. Mouldy Shroom Journeyman

Awww dangit. Got a nice Plush Fippy, claimed with my Bst... and then after trying to summon I remember that pet class can't use familiars :(

Dag nabbit. It's a real shame that we can't use the familiar as an illusion for our pets. Or at least have a summoned pet and a familiar at the same time.

Sucks to be bst/mag/nec at times :p