GMs nerfing the mail quest so quickly? lol

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KimchiGoddess, May 26, 2021.

1. KimchiGoddess Augur

The Qeynos bard mail quest NPC is suddenly now missing on both servers as bunches of players linger around his spawn point on both Mischief and Thornblade ....
  2. KimchiGoddess Augur

Well he's up on Mangler but missing on the two new servers ... so it's definitely intentional due to the mail questing.
  3. Vule_Xyrashue Journeyman

It's cute that people think this game has GMs
    Fallfyres and Fenthen like this.
  4. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Back in my day I would have a level 1 alt log in and kill the koalindl fish in the Rodcet nife cleric guild, then loot it for the quest turn on my character, great exp and money for a level 1. But really not sure why they bothered with this, killing noobie trash is more cash than spells require and drops some weapon/armor upgrades at the same time.
    Nickatropolis and Kylo Classic like this.
  5. Uthor Journeyman

Just got the emote. He is down.
  6. Thewiz Augur

Glad i got in early ;p
  7. KimchiGoddess Augur

No kidding, but I definitely regret buying a speed pot that's now wasted, lol.
    Uthor likes this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

weird that they would wait until this server to nerf that, its a time-honored tradition. unless people automating it. On Rizlona the scripting going on for that quest was ridiculous.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

There's 90 cents you'll never get back. ;)
    Zynt, Nolrog and KimchiGoddess like this.
  10. Numiko Augur

probably some newbie dev who does not know this quest has been live like forever and thought it was broken and being exploited.
  11. Redeux New Member

I do the Qeynos mail quest whenever I find myself in High Pass or W Karanas I swing by and pick up the mail.
    What I have always objected to was to get positive faction and gold then attack the guild master with no negative faction and get a free trip home. Euradites seem especially fond of doing this.
    Years ago I suggested +1 faction for delivering the mail; -50 for attacking the guild members. Then you have the choice > run home and do it again or actually adventure. third choice keep doing the way you are until you become KOS to Bards and Qeynos Guards.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  12. Aenedar New Member

Now made non-repeatable? Are we going to see that with other old quests? Kind of weird for this change to happen over 20 years after implementation.
  13. CasualMaker New Member

Tralyn Marsinger is in place on other servers, but the quest is disabled on the other end: the mail NPCs "offer the quest", but won't give a letter to deliver because of "limited funds" and "give someone else a chance". OK, I can see that someone decided that this was excessively easy money... but I find it extremely irritating that the prices of backpacks and bags have about quadrupled at the same time! It's pretty crippling for a new player. Also, the decaying skeletons don't seem to be dropping cloth armor like they used to; granted, my sample size for this is very small.