GMM belt complaint and solution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The AA slow is the level 51 spell, that it also casts other things in addition to the slow is irrelevant
  2. kizant Augur

There's no mystery about why they don't want to upgrade past 75% slow. It's already too strong and they just didn't plan out the upgrades well. That's why in the new versions they've done things like lower the cast time and include a better resist mod. Then they added the AA that lets you cast it quicker and includes other components like the cripple. Both of these newer options are upgrades whether you consider them that or not.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Yep. Ngreth isn't going to just be swayed by a random nerf / buff thread. If anything the people making victory lap threads about a new item that buffs tanks should be tarred / feathered.

Oh

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ut-that-crippling-slicer.256328/#post-3782389
  4. Littlelegs Elder

your're quoting yourself on a (apparently nerf call?) i'm sure i missed something. but in reality, are 1 or 3 people really shaping decisions on these items?

i guess it is possible alpha/beta testings and often there are players with very acute knowledge of the SPA far greater than my own. but that's a bit of hubris really. or maybe that really is the true nature of FQ doing the alpha and beta testing and then a single or handful of others agreeing is enough to tip the balance.

revert the tank belt. give an INT belt the scent of terris proc plus dmg proc
  5. Bamboompow Augur

People need to sit down and assess what possible end results their demands, complaints etc will manifest BEFORE going public with them. Granted, people are self centered and don't see the downside onto others that is a byproduct of whatever upside they want. This instance was casters, who need to take account of all their gifts, having a tantrum over what some other classes get. Do casters really need a special belt? Not really no.

When one archetype of classes crysacks about what some other has, those have been around long enough understand that the dev team will just take everyone's toys away and make everyone stand in the corner because they just don't have time or patience for it. That is their methodology of being "fair" to everyone. Have some cake. The Marie Antoinette kind. The next caster nerf that rolls out, well, don't expect those who got the brown end on this one to really care. More like point and laugh.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Nothing you said legitimizes bullying.

Also, your text sort of advocates for inter class antagonism, which is a bit silly for adults in my opinion.

(Even more for people playing more than one class).
    Sancus likes this.
  7. Littlelegs Elder

crybabby peepants post. "Do casters really need a special belt?" naw probs, but a SINGLE post was enough to change it (it didn't)? Which it didn't If you actually read the 7 w/e pages very VERY few (4?) actually even talk about it. Crysacks? I guess I'll skip your next session.

Fyi the Marie Antoinette statement and context is widely disproved
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

The cake thing was propaganda.
  9. Ibudin Augur

Tanks didnt need this belt before to tank as many mobs as they wanted, while dual wielding or 2HB, putting out sustained 300K dps (talking warriors here). This belt won't make or break anyone who looted it.
  10. Warpeace Augur

So with statements like this casters and DPS can accept their belts being nerfed because it didn't stop them from doing their job before they received them?
  11. Lianeb Augur

I am sorry I just had to laugh at the highlighted part, I guess you don't hang around any good Knights
  12. Allayna Augur

SK did 250k sustained....for the past week.

Paladins on the other hand need all the dps help they can get.

Neither of which has to do with a quality of life change...I’ll just continue to swap belts in solo play or not in raid or group setting.
  13. svann Augur

IMO if you fear the devs finding out about your tricks/goodies, then that implies you are exploiting what you see as a mistake they made. Not to say they made the right choice on the belt.

And the idea that people shouldnt complain because it might render unforeseen consequences is ridiculous. Everyone complains, and no one knows what might come.
    Barton likes this.
  14. Zaggran Journeyman

This idiocy is still going on? Christ. An AA that adds cripple and a sizable resist modifier is not the same as the vanilla spell.

And NONE of this is relevant. All we're actually discussing is the slow percentage. Turgur's is 75%. End of story. Your nonsense claim that 25% slow is worthless, by proxy, means that you're saying the difference between an actual shaman and the original belt is ALSO worthless because it's also a 25% difference. I started out trying to point out the fallacy in your whining, and you countered by grossly misunderstanding another class' abilities and have been backpedaling at hypersonic speed ever since.

Good of you to take the time to reply. Shame you didn't also take the time to read the context so you'd actually understand what's being discussed.
    kizant likes this.
  15. Dewey Augur

You say by proxy... Don't put words into my mouth. Just admit that you were wrong. What you are saying that I said; is not what I said.
  16. Dewey Augur

The slow cast is the kunark era slow. Thanks for admitting I was right.
  17. Schadenfreude Augur

Clearly for all intents and purposes it isn't otherwise it would be tied to the GCD, have no resist modifier and would retain the original cast time.
    Zaggran likes this.
  18. Zaggran Journeyman

"Just admit you were wrong"

The irony.
    kizant likes this.
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

So, how does the AA slow work, again, it it quite exhilarating to read about.

/duck
    Sancus, Tucoh, Dewey and 2 others like this.
  20. Allayna Augur

WTB Pre-nerf slow/cripple proc belt PST!