GMM belt complaint and solution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Dewey Augur

Please try to understand exaggeration and the lack of desire to look up what it is now exactly mitigated to. Are you saying that the 25% will actually make it so I won't use my "darkened truncheon of Doom" Because; with the previous belt I was okay with 50% and just banking the 2 hander. Now I'm back to bandoliering and being annoyed... It is pointless to even put a 25% slow on the belt. Makes it a useless effect and waste of dev time.
    sauron3030 likes this.
  2. Dewey Augur

You think that shammy slow is 75%, why don't you go look up that number...

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=1588
  3. Tucoh Augur

Allakhazam's parser hasn't worked in years. Note that slow is mitigated by a set percentage per zone. When I last parsed it, Turgur's reduced the attack rate of mobs in modern content by 19%.

[1588/1110138] Turgur's Insects
    Classes: SHM/51
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 250
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic
    Reflectable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 6s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 6.5m+ (65 ticks), Dispelable: No
    2: Decrease Melee Haste by 75%
    3: Increase Disease Counter by 16
    Engulfs your target in a swarm of insects, slowing their attack rate for %z.
  4. Dewey Augur

I stole this from another thread to help explain it. It makes total sense that a 90% slow gets reduced to 19%... It also means that the 25% slow is useless... So I was wrong with the slow from shammy's, but I'm not wrong about the mitigation. Forgive me for going off of posted material and lucy view.

Anyways, let's see your parse of just the new belt without shammy slow. I bet that it is worthless to even consider trying to use it now.

https://beastlords.org/?topic=4204.0

Well there's some debate whether mostly, partly and slightly are fixed numbers or span a range, but what slow mitigation does is to reduce the slow percentage itself by a percentage. The numbers are:

full - 100%
    slightly- ~75%
    partially - ~50%
    mostly - ~25%

So a slightly succesful 75% slow becomes 75%-75%*75% = 18.75%, a partially successful 65% slow is 65% - 50%*65% = 32.5%, etc.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I don't know why you're trying to take a slam dunk argument everyone agrees with of, "Nobody likes this change and now this belt is inferior to other belts we've had for years" and confusing it with the argument of, "a 25% slow is useless".
  6. Skauri_BoxofKurage New Member

Seriously,

When asking for improvement to the caster belt, could you not have shoved the tanks under the bus?

Instead of getting what you wanted, you created a knee jerk reaction that caused the DB to nerf the tank belt enough to make it completely undesirable.

And over-drive punch is a useless proc off a belt, as well as the melee proc enhancement hasn't been increased in many years. So, your argument that melee got something better than casters is wrong.

I would think you as a caster would want your tanks to be better equipped and live better, so that you as a caster won't have to tank.

If any thing your gonna create a bunch of angry tanks looking for reasons to nerf OP caster classes.

Please in the future ask for what you want, don't sell out other people in hopes of getting what you want.

Thanks
  7. Zaggran Journeyman

8. Dewey Augur

Actually, yes I still believe that the Kunark era spell is superior to the current era one. Your post has not changed my mind in that. I believe the aa that you have still cast the Kunark era spell because of that.

It might not be 90%(even thou alla says it is); however, it has been the best slow in the game for a long long time.
  9. kizant Augur

The Kunark spell is 75%. The AAs now cast the latest version of the spell you have scribed in the particular spell group. So, if you have the latest version that's what it uses. The latest is preferred for the better resist modifier, cast time, etc and the AA even casts a cripple at the same time. Have you not logged in to the game in a while or something?
  10. Dewey Augur

You say this like it is fact; however, I know I had to help a shammy with some spells. I had to make him some like preincarnation because it would not cast at all since he never got the spell. He also had to buy the slow Turgur's insects. No slow would go on the target in the guild hall from the aa until he bought that spell.

If you don't have the level 51 spell; then the aa will not slow the mob. This is a fact. Turgur's insects is the highest rank spell of the slow in that line.

When activated it cast the highest rank of Turgur's insects. Go read your aa if you don't believe me. Yes I am playing now. Thanks for asking.
  11. Brohg Augur

Oh excellent - so here goes this is how you test:

Find a mob that uses Bash (or Kick) skill. With your game log, record how long it takes to use that skill 10 times.
    Slow the mob. Now record how long it takes for the mob to use Bash skill 10 times.
    Bashes aren't susceptible to producing confused data due to double+ attacking or offhand attacks & such, is why to record those.

I assert that if you run such a test on a mob that does not mitigate Turgurs it will take 4 times as long to complete the 10 bashes. 100% attack speed - 75% turgurs slow leaves it at 25% attack speed, you see, which is 1/4th of the base. You can trivially reverse that bit of arithmetic to find the slow% of mitigated slows :
    1-(Timeunslowed/Timeslowed)=slow%
  12. kizant Augur

I didn't say Turgur's wouldn't work. It goes by the latest version of whatever spells are in the particular spell group. Is that just the insect lines? Could be. I haven't looked at what versions of slow are in that group. But the slow percentage is the same between the kunark spell and more recent versions, the AA does the extra cripple effect, etc. You made it sound like the AAs and new spells were worse somehow.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

It would need to be very long and have a lot of holes.
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

I think it is bad form to blame the OP for the belt nerf.

Even if he had called for a nerf, which he didn’t, and which would also have been against forum rules, it was a dev decision.

It is very bad form to gang up and bully the OP for it. He is a person.
    Sancus, svann and smash like this.
  15. Allayna Augur

I could literally log in one day and say "hi" and I'd scathing replies.
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

I am sorry, I am not a native speaker, I don’t understand the sentence. I read and see a lot of english movies, but don’t talk a lot with native speakers a lot, so some things are difficult. I get all the words in the sentence, but not what it means.
  17. Littlelegs Elder

I think he just skipped a word. Probably soon to be edited. Either way, internet "anonymity" enables people to be jerks sometimes. For some more prolific FQ posters, people can develop very strong opinions about them and aren't always shy about sharing those opinions whether it has anything to do with the actual post or not.

tl;dr Reacting to the poster vs. the post
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  18. Dewey Augur

The aa slow you cast is the level 51 kunark spell. The newer spell is worse as it does not last as long. The Kunark era spell is the best slow that shammy's get.

If you don't believe me; then delete the spell from your spell book and try and cast your slow via AA. You'll find that no slow will be cast onto the mob. There has never been a slow that is better than the Kunark era slow. I don't know why, but that is the best slow in the game.

I made it sound like that, because it is true.
  19. Schadenfreude Augur

What you get when clicking the AA is, to say the least, a bit different from the level 51 spell.

This ability, when activated, casts Turgur's Diminishment and the highest rank of Turgur's Insects that you have scribed on your target with a 0.7 second cast time.
    Turgur's Diminishment III reduces strength, agility, and dexterity by 277, armor class by 381, and chance to dual wield by 16% for 8 minutes.
    As a passive effect this ability improves the resist modifier of Turgur's Insects by 50 points.
  20. Dewey Augur

Exactly it cast Turgur's Insects. The other stuff is the AA =P Delete Turgur's insects from your spell book and nothing happens. Thanks for helping prove me right!