GMM belt complaint and solution

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Apr 5, 2019.

1. svann Augur

My magic 8 ball says
    not likely
  2. sojero One hit wonder

Please create a petition at https://www.change.org/ and if you can get to 50000 signatures we will hunt this guild down, find an officer, and demand reparations!!!!
    Teylana, kizant and Flatchy like this.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Yep, glad the “tank” belt will now be usless...
  4. Insaneox Augur

The positive is we didn’t get one on chest yet! Now they might as well delete the tank one from database to save space for things and items people will use.
  5. svann Augur

Or delete the procs from tank belt and add in some AC/HP to make up for it.
    Teylana and Allayna like this.
  6. Lianeb Augur

I am in favor of this
    Andarriel and Allayna like this.
  7. Funk Augur

I'd really like to see a response on what the exact reason is the tank belt effect was sliced in half.
    An effect that's been in the game since what..The Darkened Sea with Usasium?

Was this a new employee's decision? How was the effect of the tank belt even brought into the conversation of nerfing?
    The whole debate was about slightly more balance with the Int and Wis caster belt being brought up to par with others, and this is the solution? How would cutting the slow proc on the tank belt in half even qualify as a valid solution to anything discussed about the caster belt?

I just can't even wrap my brain around how anything led to "Hey lets destroy the tank belt effect and make it useless! That should solve this!"
  8. sojero One hit wonder

No the effect that is being changed is brand new to GMM, the old effects such as the one on Usasium are remaining unaffected.
  9. Funk Augur

The fact that they are only nerfing it to 25% on the belt from GMM with combined effects is even more moronic. I knew the combined effect was new, just focused on the tendon slicer portion because that's the big nerf and Usasium was the first belt with that.

Here you can swap out old belts to get 50% proc, but this new combined effect belt (that we tested and added to the game) is now considered overpowered after a discussion regarding bringing up the caster belts effects a little. There is no sense to the nerf.
  10. Bamboompow Augur

You would think a mage, a class that can easily get in the nerf crosshairs, would have not made a big deal of something. Dumb. Just dumb.

Thanks a lot. You should look forward to a backlash. What comes around goes around.....
    Allayna likes this.
  11. Allayna Augur

It’d be terrible if something were to happen to....idk, monster summoning and reclaim energy.
  12. Sancus Augur

Sigh. Forum Quest, my old friend. How I missed thee.
    IblisTheMage, Ssdar and Sheex like this.
  13. Bamboompow Augur

Those are game breaking abilities!
  14. Osrangar New Member

Yeah, not super happy about this and that's the problem with comparing a "good" effect to a "meh" effect.

This belt reduced the need to stupidly switch between two different belts to get both good effects. There are spell lines and AA abilities for many classes that apply both a slow and cripple effect simultaneously, or two different types of debuffs at once, or multiple dot effects at once and all of these are the same power as their single effect counterparts.

Also, yeah, add a sympathetic DD to the caster belt, go ahead, but making a good item less good is not an appropriate response to a request for making a okay item into a better one. That's like slashing 3 of the tires on your own car just because 1 is flat. At least now they're all flat!
  15. Allayna Augur

It's patch day. =)
  16. Flat Toad Elder

Somewhat surprised they didn't nerf the hate mask as well...may as well totally de-nut tanks...
  17. Dewey Augur

Ridiculous, why even care if the thing is slowed if it has 25% unmitigated? That's like slowing it 2% mitigated.
  18. Zaggran Journeyman

You do realize 25% is the difference between the original and a shammy slow? You're saying, by proxy, that there's no point getting the best slower over the original belt.
  19. menown Augur

Please take the time to learn from others what each of the mitigation messages mean for slow spells, (ie slightly, partially, and mostly). You can then easily calculate your slow percentage.
  20. smash Augur

So basically you wanna have the belt upgraded, when mob is being slowed/crippled ?

Which is what will happen with your suggestion...

Lets say belt was not nerfed, but used effect, which i guess would be overwitten by shaman/chanter.

Now if it was changed to ac/hp, mob will still be slowed/cripped like b4, but you however would have more hps/ac...

So NOT going to happen.