GMM "95+" but really just for 110s

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by john5, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

25% of level 109 with lesson on doing 1st mission, is great exp, Hoping to hit level 110 today, just a shame 2 of the missions are linked and the other is broken.

I'm guessing the HAs are scaled to level 95, so the level 95s should be able to do the HAs if nothing else. I don't have any chars around that level at the moment or I'd test it myself.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. john5 Lorekeeper

There is some good non-prestige out there, like Sebilis HH gear, but when I run my little box groups, I am subbed. I usually buy a stack of Kronos at a time, to have on hand for when the need arises. Station cash is necessary too, for the little things like keyring space, or the occasional loot box. Buying new expansions is simply financially irresponsible, since it's fairly hard to finish each prior expansion on a dozen or two alts. I'd just be trading older content for newer content, since I can't do both at once. For example, I still had a bunch of toons only halfway done with RoF, CotF and TDS when TBM/EoK went free to play. I have no reason to move on when there are still things to do in my current level range. I certainly don't play for free, I just don't have an actual need to buy expansions at this time.

I bet most of you that rushed to 110 have a bunch of older achieves that you meant to get around to, but are currently busy with TBL flags, and evolving items and such. I gave up on the bleak existence of LFG long ago and went the multibox route, like many. When you are no longer concerned with being "left behind", and always have a group on standby, it just makes sense to wait until you've completed older expansions before moving on.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

The way I see it is when something is labeled level x and up all it means is levels x and up are flagged for the content. This does not mean the minimum level for the content will realistically be able to take it on or even really get to be much of a contributor to said group but rather they will have the opportunity to get task adds, pick up rots which they can use at a later time and if lucky enough they can be carried by current max level characters and get good experience. Lets take TDS as an example. The edge of balance mission in katta is flagged as level 95 but in era I doubt there were many level 95 players doing this mission even though it was flagged as such. I know in era it certainly was a challenge six boxing with level 100 toons but a level 95-99 could receive a TA and get their check mark. They could also roll on the loot from the final chest even though it was marked as 100 and use it when they receive the appropriate levels for the gear.

It really makes little sense to make lower level content for live unless they actually have time to properly scale things going all the way to end game. This is tough because of not just the scaling aspect but also the itemization aspect. Sure they could have just thrown in gear from older expansions for the lower scaled versions but I am sure lower level players would have cried that "nothing new" was created for them and they are getting the shaft. In reality the developers already made content for all level ranges and players have had nearly a year to get levels so they can participate in the next level of events or to take on some of the more challenging events they could not complete when new. Either people are new or returning and have a bunch of other anniversary content to participate in or they have been here for a year and neglected their characters levels and are now upset about it. The former population should focus on all of the content available to them and the later population should do a little better time management focusing on levels. I get it leveling can be tough but a year is a long time to still be stuck not leveling a toon even going at a pretty casual pace. If someone truly has been stuck at the same level for a year they should be asking for advise on how to level and put that as a pretty high priority over asking the developers to make more content for the levels that they are stuck on and cant get past.
    Gundolin and Fanra like this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Have you completed all prior anniversary content? That's all active too.
    Half a bag of gear says you've done a ton of the new anniversary content.
    You're experiencing it (and it's crazy good xp so should be rising you up fast)
  5. Gundolin Augur

I didn't think you could carry a level 1 through it, as they are below the minimum level requirement for the mission.
  6. Buri Augur

Yes, most new content is aimed at 110s, because A) that's what level most players are at, and B) Who do you think keeps this game afloat? It's not the free-to-play, or the cheap-to-play, or the krono wranglers, it' the 110s in guilds who are all-access all the time, and buy each expansion when it comes out without hesitation. If they don't keep the paying customers happy, there is no EQ.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  7. smash Augur

Never thought I should say this, but would not mind if the GMM would be for level 50+, With items that increases in stats, as you level up, so you do not get some overpowerful items early.
    But the content would then require a lot of work, not sure if worthwhile to make it, because of a lot of balancing.

Requirement: level 51, have to have all expansions., be gold member.

Here I am thinking esp on the HA.

Why ? Because of people on the TLP servers, who sure contribte to keeping EQ alive. So toss them a cookie.
  8. Natal Augur

There is a cap to how much xp you can get when mobs are red cons, but ya, a lower level carried through these missions would get pretty good xp.
  9. Cleaver Augur

The heroics scale but the gear is still 110 so kind of misleading to say 95 +
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

its double exp till the end of March. Peeps
  11. Cleaver Augur

its only 50%